Chapter 58

~ El's p o v ~

I slowly woke up by Billy whispering something to my ear. "Don't be afraid. It'll be over soon. Just try and stay very still." he turned his head to the side and I followed his gaze.

I saw the Mind Flayer climbing down from the shattered ceiling. Billy stood up and faced the Mind Flayer. My eyes widen and I slowly backed away in fear.

Suddenly, an explosion of fireworks went to the Mind Flayer. It screeched in pain. "Flay this, you ugly piece of shit!" Lucas exclaimed and threw another firework at him. Billy crouched in pain, since he's connected to the Mind Flayer.

I slightly backed away and looked up and saw Lucas, Will, Nancy, Jonathan, Steve and Robin throwing fireworks at the Mind Flayer. "Hey, asshole, over here!" Steve exclaimed and threw a firework at it.

Billy was wailing in pain. I tried to escape, despite the pain I felt in my head. I tried to quickly crawl away, but Billy was quick to grab me by the leg and dragged me back. I screamed in fear. Billy went on top of me and smashed my head onto the floor. My vision became blurry and my head just felt worse.

~ Third Person's p o v ~

Max started to slowly wake up. Her eyes fluttered open and she quickly sat up. She turned to her side and saw Mike and y/n still unconscious. She quickly crawled over to them and shook their bodies so they'll wake up. "Guys wake up! Y/n! Mike! Wake up!"

Y/n and Mike slowly woke up. "You okay?" Max asked. Mike nodded but y/n didn't answer. Y/n sat up and looked around. "Where's El?" She asked.

El stared at Billy in fear. Then she realized that she needed to make him remember his childhood. The good memories.

"Seven. Feet." El started. "You told her. The wave was seven feet." Billy slowly remembers the memory. "You ran to her. On the beach. There were seagulls." El's voice was soft and calming. "She wore a hat. With a blue ribbon." El described. "A long dress...with a blue and red flower." El slightly cried.

"Yellow sandals...covered in sand. She was pretty. She was really pretty." El sniffled and smiled. "And you- you were happy." Billy smiled and his eyes started to water. El lifted her hand and placed it on Billy's cheek.

Everyone continued to throw their last fireworks at the Mind Flayer. After they threw their last ones, the Mind Flayer quickly recovered. Billy looked over at the Mind Flayer and stood up, facing him.

Mike, Y/n and Max came running from the backdoor of the Scoops Ahoy store. They stopped just outside the entrance as they saw Billy and the Mind Flayer facing each other. "El." Y/n gasped and was about to run towards El, but Mike pulled her back. "You can't go! What if Billy grabs you too?"

"But El's there!" Before Mike could reply, the Mind Flayer's tentacle started to quickly slither towards El. But Billy quickly blocked it with both of his hands. El gasped at Billy's actions. Max stared in shock.

Another tentacle came out of the Mind Flayer's body and stabbed through Billy's left side. Then another stabbed through his right side. Other tentacles stabbed his body, making his bleed out and go weak.

The Mind Flayer has Billy to his knees. Billy let out a scream in pain. Suddenly, a tentacle went through Billy's chest. Max's eyes widen "Billy!" She yelled.

All the tentacles left Billy's body. Billy's body went limp and he fell to the ground. Just then, the Mind Flayer screeches in pain. He stumbled around and fell onto the ground as well. The Mind Flayer died from the machine that the Russians built getting destoyed.

Everyone who was upstairs quickly looked down at the Mind Flayer's lifeless body. Y/n rushed over to El. "El!" "Y/n!"

The two hugged. El held y/n's face "Are you okay?" She sniffled. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay. Are you?" Y/n asked. El only nodded and she hugged y/n again.

Max walked over to Billy, still in shock. She kneeled to his side. "Billy?" He was still alive, barely. He was struggling to breath. "Billy. Billy. Get up, please.Billy, get up, please, please." She cried. Despite their hatred for each other, Max still cared for Billy deep down.

"I'm sorry." Billy choked out. "Billy. Billy, wake up. Please." Max continued to sob as Billy let out his last breath. El went to her and hugged Max. "It's okay. It's okay." El whispered.

~~~

Everyone was out the mall and was being taken care of. Will saw his mom walking out the mall, looking back at him. He quickly took off the blanket that was over his shoulders and ran to his mom. They embraced and cried.

El got out of the ambulance that she was in with y/n to search for Hopper. She looked around, but she couldn't find him. Instead, she saw Will and Joyce hugging. She stared at Joyce for a minute and Joyce continued to cry on Will's shoulder. Then everything clicked. El 's eyes started to water, then she began to sob. "No..." She said to herself.

Y/n saw El crying and quickly rushed to her. "Hey, hey. What's wrong?" she asked. El couldn't answer. Y/n looked over to Joyce and saw her crying. Then it hit her. Oh...

A/n: here's a late Christmas gift for you all 😘
happy holidays everyone!

[not checked]

Word count: 938