Chapter 48

~ Y/n's  p o v ~

We arrived at the Heather's house. We all stood at the front door and Nancy rung the doorbell twice but no one opened the it. Nancy and Jonathan slowly looked back at El. El looked back at both of them then she used her powers to open it.

We all went in and I instantly felt cold. "Tom? Heather?" Nancy called but got no reply. "Jesus, it's freezing." Max said. Good thing I was wearing long sleeves. 

"Do you guys smell that?" Nancy asked and we all went in the kitchen. "Oh, God. More chemicals." I scrunched my nose at the smell. "You think they're guzzling this shit?" Jonathan asked.

"Yeah, either that or they just went ona hell of a cleaning spree." Nancy sarcastically said. "But last year, Will didn't eat chemicals. Did you?" Max asked. "No. This is something new." Will replied. "Mr. Clarke, fifth grade. Posit. What happenswhen you mix chemicals together?" Mike asked.

"You create a new substance." Lucas, Will and I replied in sync. "What if they're making something?" Mike suggested. "In themselves? I mean, come on,if you drink this crap, it'll kill you."

"Yeah, if you're human." Lucas replied. Nancy started walking towards the dining area and we all followed. She crouched down on the carpet and picked up a wine bottle. "Blood. Yesterday, Tom had a bandage on his forehead. He was attacked. They must have tied them. They must have taken them somewhere." Nancy said while following the messed up carpet, going in the garage.

God, she's a genus.

"Mrs. Driscoll. She kept saying... 'I have to go back.' What if the flaying, it's just taking place somewhere else? There must be a placewhere all this started, right? A source." Nancy suggested.

"Somewhere he didn't want me to see." El said. "If we can find the source,then maybe we can stop him. Or at least stop it from spreading or doing whatever the hell he's doingwith those chemicals."

"How do we find it?" I asked. "Mrs. Driscoll. If she wants to go back so badly, why won't we let her?" Will asked.

~~~

We arrived at the hospital and we tried to pass by the front desk while the woman there was busy talking on the phone. "See, you're the only one who gon' tell- Whoa, whoa, whoa! Excuse me! Where do you think you're going?" she asked us. We all stopped walking and turned to her.

"Oh, um... I was just going to visitmy grandma again. And this..." Nancy looked back at us. "This is my family." I slowly stepped behind Will and Max. 

The lady glared at Lucas "Extended." he awkwardly smiled.

"I don't care who they are. You know the rules.Two visitors at a time." she reminded. "I know but-" "Two!" she interrupted. "Girl, this child has lost her mind. She brought a whole zoo in here." she went back on the phone.

I rolled my eyes at her. Nancy turned to us. "You guys stay here and me and Jonathan will go to Mrs. Driscoll. Okay?" we all nodded.

~

Lucas and Mike were getting snacks from the vending machine. The rest of us stayed at the waiting area. El and Max were going through the magazines as I picked on my nails. Mike went towards me "M&M's?" he handed it to me. "Thanks." I opened the wrapper and ate one.

"Okay, so Lucas made a plan for you to talk to El." Mike started. I furrowed my eyebrows. "'Plan?' What plan?" I asked. "He said that he was gonna distract Max so you won't have to worry about her interrupting and I'll be with Will so it'll just be the two of you." Mike explained and I smiled.

a/n: i'm supposed to be doing my hw rn lmao

word count: 629