Chapter 55

~ Third person's p o v ~

They all quickly went out the mall and went in Nancy's car. Nancy put the keys ignition and turned it to start the car, but the engine made weird noises and stopped. "What's wrong?" Jonathan asked. "I don't... I don't know." Nancy tried again, but the car still didn't turn on. "You can't be serious. Come on!" She tried again, it failed to turn on again. "Didn't your mom just buy thing car?" Lucas queried. "Yes. I'm sure it's fine." Nancy replied.

"Did you leave the lights on?" Will wondered. "No." "Do we have gas?" Lucas questioned. "Yes!" Nancy exclaimed. She was going to try again, but Jonathan stopped her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Just stop, stop!"

"Pop the hood." Jonathan said and got out of the car. Nancy opened the hood latch "What the hell?" Jonathan muttered. "What?" Nancy got out. "The ignition cable's gone"

Suddenly, a car engine roaring was heard in the distance. They all looked to the side to see who it was, and it was Billy. He was in his car and had his headlights on. He didn't move but was ready to drive straight towards them.

Nancy quickly went to Lucas' side and opened the door. It startled them a bit. "Back in the mall! Back in the mall!" Nancy shouted. They all hurriedly went out the car and back in the mall. "Go! Go, go, go!" Nancy rapidly repeated. El almost tripped while getting out of the car, but y/n quickly caught her. "Be careful!" Mike reminded and helped El.

~ Short time skip ~

Mike walked back and forth while trying to contact the 'Scoops Troop'. "Scoops Troop, do you copy? Scoops Troop, do you copy? Scoops Troop, I repeat, do you copy? We're trapped in the malland in need of emergency transportation. Scoops Troop, do you copy?Billy has found us." He kept on repeating, hoping that the Scoops Troop would hear their message.

Nancy grabbed a gun from one of the dead Russian guards and checked if it's loaded. "You're gonna kill him, aren't you?" Max asked. "This is just a precaution, okay?" Nancy reassured. "And not just against Billy. If he knows we're here,so does the Mind Flayer." Will reminded.

Lucas practiced in using his wrist rocket while Y/n and El sat together. El had her head on y/n's shoulder and they held hands. "You doing okay?" y/n asked. El slightly nodded. "Just dizzy." Y/n nodded back. "I swear after all of this is over, we will watch all your favorite movies and get to eat all the Eggos you want." El smiled at the thought. "Promise?" she asked. "Promise." y/n squeezed El's and El squeezed back.

Nancy looked at the car that was currently flipped upside down. "No chance that thing'll drive, right?" she joked. "We don't need it to drive. We just need the ignition cable." Jonathan said.

A/n: IM SO SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE
AND IM SORRY FOR THIS SHORT CHAPTER BUT ITS BETTER THAN NOTHING IG
ALSO BLAME MY SCHOOL FOR NOT GIVING ME TIME TO WRITE

and it's 1 am rn so good morning everyone

Word count: 536