Chapter 54

~ Y/n's  p o v ~

We sat around the fountain as we told the others about what we know about the Mind Flayer. "The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike said. "And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy said. "How big is this thing?" Hopper asked. "It's big. Thirty feet, at least." Jonathan said. "Yeah. It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry." Lucas whispered the last part.

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this.. this big fleshy thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic.. weapon?" Steve asked. "Yes." Nancy answered. "But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon...with melted people."

"Yes, exactly." Nancy replied. "Yeah, okay. I- yeah, I'm just making sure." Steve said. "Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce asked while finishing in putting a new bandage for El's leg. "El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive." Max said.

"But if we close the gate again-" Will started. "We cut the brain off from the body." I continued. "And kill it. Theoretically." Lucas finished. 

"Yoo-hoo! Yoo-hoo!" the bald guy called as he walked towards us. He waved around some papers he had.  

Hopper left and listen to the plan and I stayed with El. She rested on the seats and had her head on my lap. "You feeling okay?" I asked her.

She slightly shrugged and drank the orange juice I gave her. "Just tired." she answered. I nodded and caressed her head. "We're going to Murray's house. To keep El safe from the Mind Flayer." Mike said.

"Murray? Who's Murray?" I asked. "That dude." he pointed to the bald guy. "Oh, okay." I looked back at El. Hopper walked up behind us. "Can you guys give us a minute?" he asked. I nodded and got up. He sat down next to her.

~ Third person  p o v ~

"My battery is low, but ...it will recharge." El said. "I know it will, kid." "I can fight." she told him. "Better than any of us. But right now, I need you safe. This thing is after you. It's not after me. Do you understand?" Hopper asked. El looked away. "Hey... I need you to understand. Okay?" he said and made El face him. El nodded and smiled at him.

Her smile slowly faded and she quickly hugged Hopper. Hopper smiled and hugged her back. They pulled away "Hey... We should probably go now." Y/n said. El looked back at Hopper and he nodded. Y/n helped her up and Mike went on El's other side to help her walk. "Y/n?" Hopper called. She turned back to him. "Be careful." he said. Y/n nodded and went back with El.

A/n: i'm using my nerf gun on my mike mini figure rn instead of doing my school work

word count: 489