Chapter 52

~ Third person p o v ~

Nancy broke the glass door of the store with a rock and they all went in. They walked at the first aid section and Nancy grabbed the rubbing alcohol and gauze. She turned to them "Okay, get her down." Y/n helped El onto the ground. "Okay. Lemme see." She lifted El's right pant leg. Their eyes widen at the sight. "Oh, shit." Max muttered.

There was a huge cut on El's leg and blood oozed out. Nancy unwrapped the gauze until Max stopped her. "What- What- Hey, what are you doing?" she asked. "I'm cleaning the wound." Nancy replied. "No, first, we need to stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage." Nancy stared at her, unsure.

"I skateboard. Trust me." she reassured. "Here." she got a gauze pad. "Y/n, hold this." Max grabbed y/n's hand and placed it on top of the gauze that was on El's wound. "Keep the pressure on it, nice and firm, okay?"

Y/n nodded. El hissed in pain. "We're gonna need water, soap." she told Nancy and Jonathan. "Yeah, okay." Nancy said before getting up and getting the supplies. Lucas dumped the things out of his bag. Max quickly turned around and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Does any of this help?" he asked. "No. Go get me a washcloth and a bowl." she said. "A bowl?" "Lucas." Max sternly said. Will hit Lucas' arm and silently told him to just follow her instructions. "O-okay." Lucas stammered and him, Will and Mike went off.

"What did that thing look like to you?" Nancy asked Jonathan. "Like that thing in the hospital, only bigger." he answered. "Yeah, a lot bigger. Like, Tom and Bruce, they merged to become one, right? And- And Driscoll kept saying how she needed to go back to the source-"

Jonathan stopped her. "Wait, you think Driscoll's in there?" he asked. "Maybe. And- And- And maybe Heather and Janet, too, and God knows who else. I don't know how we're gonna kill this thing, but if we do-" she started.

"We kill all the flayed." Jonathan continued. "And... we end this. Maybe. All I know is... we need El." Nancy said then grabbed a jug of water from the shelves.

"Bowl... Bowl... Bowl... Why wouldn't it be with the cereal?" Lucas asked, irritated. "I don't know." Will replied. "What else do you use a bowl for?" he asked. "Soup...?" Mike replied. "I don't think there's stuff for soup here, Mike." Will said.

Lucas paused "Oh, shit." he said as he saw a display of fireworks. Lucas went to it "Satan's baby. Ever shot one of these suckers?" he asked. Mike shook his head. "No. Is it sweet?" Will asked.

Lucas smirked. "That's an understatement." "That doesn't look like a bowl." Max said. "Nah, it's way better. There is a reason this warning label says '18 or older.'" Max crossed her arms at him. "This sucker is filled with 150 grains of black powder. AKA gunpowder." he tossed the box to Max and she caught it. "Strap two of these together, and it's bigger than an M-80. Five of them, we've got ourselves a stick of dynamite." Lucas said while smiling widely.

"You wanna kill that thing with fireworks?" Max asked, unimpressed. "Do you have a better idea?" he asked. "Uh, yeah. Eleven." she tossed the box back to Lucas. "Against that thing? She's gonna need some backup."

"Oh, my God." she turned back around and walked away from them. Lucas scoffed and turned to Will and Mike. "Hold this." he gave it to Will and grabbed more.

Y/n continued to put pressure on the wound "Does it hurt?" she asked El. "Uh, not bad." she replied. "You sure?" El nodded. "You're going to have an awesome scar. You'll look even more badass." y/n told her.

"Bitchin'." "Yeah, bitchin'." they both smiled and chuckled. "Hey, El?" "Yeah?" She looked back at her. Y/n bit the inside of her cheek. "I really am sorry for lying. I never wanted to lie to you. Ever." she told her. El held y/n's hand. "I love you so much." y/n quietly said. El's smile softened "I-"

She was cut off by some static coming from Mike's walkie. They both quickly turned their heads to it. Mike, Will, Max and Lucas came back. "What is it?" Will asked the two girls. "Mike's walkie. Some static came from it." y/n told them

"repeat- th- red! I repeat...this is a code red!" someone said from the walkie. They all quickly looked at each other and Mike rushed to get it. "Dustin?"

"Mike?" he said. "Dustin!" "Mike! Oh, my God, you have to listen. I know I've been MIA, and I'm sorry, it's not because I'm mad. I mean, I actually was mad, but it's also because I was trapped underground in a secret Russian base." Dustin quickly said. The other couldn't understand a word he was saying.

"Dustin, you're going way too fast. I can't understand you." Mike said. "I know that sounds insane, but the Russians have infiltrated Hawkins! The goddamn Russians!" Dustin yelled. "And now- they're using-to open the gate." 

"What the hell is he saying?" y/n asked. "Dustin, you're-- you're breaking up." Dustin didn't hear Mike and continued. "Dustin, you're cutting out. Dustin, you there?" Mike asked. Dustin didn't reply and static took over. Their eyebrows furrowed. "What is it?" Nancy asked. "It's Dustin." Mike just said.

~~~

The freezer hummed as El used her powers to find Dustin. Lucas loudly opened a can of coke. "Quiet." Max whispered to him. "Oh, sorry." he apologized then loudly sipped his drink. "How do you even drink that?" Mike asked. "Because it's delicious."

"What?" Mike and Max asked in sync. Nancy and y/n looked at him weird. "It's like Carpenter's The Thing. The original is a classic, no question about it. But the remake..." Lucas slurped up the coke loud enough for everyone to hear. He sighed in satisfaction and smacked his lips. Y/n rolled her eyes at him.

"Sweeter, bolder... better." he smirked. "You're insane." Mike said. "Oh, my God." y/n mumbled. "So, you prefer the original Thing?" Lucas asked. "What? No, I'm not talking about The Thing, I'm talking about New Coke."

"It's the same concept, dude." "Uh, actually, it's not the same concept." "It is the same concept." "No, it's not." they kept on arguing back and forth. "Yes, it is." Lucas yelled. "Hey." El scolded, quickly ripping off the the blindfold. "Sorry." They both apologized.

"Did you find them?" y/n asked.

"The movies?" Lucas questioned. "Dustin's so freaked out about the gate,he decides to go watch a movie? Yeah, makes total sense." Lucas sarcastically said. "You're positive he said "gate"and not 'great'?" Max asked. "Yeah, like, 'This movie I'm watching is great.'" Will said. "Sounded like 'gate.'" y/n said while she helped El walk.

"Which would explain howthe Mind Flayer's still alive." Mike said. "Yeah, we just have to shut it again." Will said. "Then the monster dies." Nancy said. "But if not,we always have Lucas' fireworks." Max said. "Keep mocking my plan, Max.Keep mocking it. I wanna hear you say it again,because you keep doubting me.  You keep doubting me!" Lucas exclaimed. "Ridiculous." Max mumbled.

Not checked

Word count: 1193