Chapter 43

(this chapter is mainly byler lolol)

~ Will's  p o v ~

I quickly biked away from Mike's house, going back home. The rain did not stop. In fact, it became stronger. But I didn't care if I might get sick tomorrow or whatever, I just needed to be in my safe place.

When I arrived home, I dropped my bike on the ground and ran in the woods till I get there.

Castle Byers. I would go here every time I'm upset or just needed to be alone. Jonathan helped me build it one time when our parents were fighting again.

~ Mike's  p o v ~

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!" I yelled in frustration while Will biked away. Why can't I just fucking shut up? I thought to myself.

I quickly went back inside the house, grabbed two raincoats and went back out to grab my bike. I immediately went to Wills house.

Once I got there, I quickly went off my bike, not caring to properly park it, and went straight to the front door. I started banging on it "Will! Will, I'm sorry, all right? I was being a total asshole! Please, can you just come outside and we'll talk?" I yelled.

I looked through the windows, the lights are still off. "Will!" I called out again. No response. I walked around the house and the lights were all off.

Then it hit me. Castle Byers.

~ Will's  p o v ~

I was flipping through an old comic book Mike got me before. The pages were soaked from the rain. I scoffed and threw the comic on the ground.

I looked around and saw my old D&D board, the last time we used that was after Christmas last year.

I looked behind me and saw one of my Will the Wise drawings. I drew that years ago...while I was with Mike.

Everywhere I looked, it had to be somehow related to Mike.

I saw a picture of me, Mike, Dustin, Lucas and y/n dressed in our Ghostbusters costumes for Halloween.

I picked it up. We all looked so happy. "Stupid. So stupid." I whispered to myself.

Tears welled up in my eyes then I ripped the picture in half. I angrily took down and tore more pictures and drawings.

I grabbed my baseball bat and went out of castle byers. I started hitting and breaking it down. I tore it apart.

I let myself fall on the ground, sobbing. I grabbed the sign that says 'Castle Byers' and broke it in half.

I hate who I am.

Why can't I just be normal?

My thoughts were interrupted by a wave of coldness washed through my body. My breathing hitch and I stood up, touching the back of my neck.

"Will!" I heard Mike call for me. "Will! What happened? Are you okay? I'm so so sorry."

I didn't reply. I turned around to face him. His facial expression showed sadness, guilt and concern all in one.

He got a raincoat that he had and put it on me, even though I'm already soaking wet from the rain.

"He's back." I whispered.

~~~

Mike brought me back to his house because he said that he didn't want me to be all alone. I didn't have the energy to argue.

He got me some clean clothes and told me to shower, since he didn't want me to get sick.

I stepped in Mike's room when I was done showering and the first thing Mike did was hug me.

He hugged me.

For the first few seconds I just awkwardly stood there, but then I hugged him back. I buried my face into the crook of his neck and just let his own body warm up mine.

I somehow finally felt the feeling of comfort after months.

I like this.

Neither of us pulled away.

"I'm sorry." Mike whispered.

I didn't reply, instead I just tightened the hug.

~~~

I was going to get a sleeping bag and just sleep on the floor since Mike wanted me to sleep over, but he told me to just sleep with him on his bed.

I mean, I'm not complaining.

I awkwardly laid beside him, until he pulled me closer. I felt my entire face go red. "I'm really sorry, okay? I'm sorry." he whispered.

"I know. It's okay." "No, it's not okay. I shouldn't have said any of that. You have every right to be mad at me." Mike said. I just cuddled close to him

"You said that 'He's back'...who's back?" Mike asked. I exhaled. "The Mind Flayer. I can feel his presence." I told him. "I'm scared." I whispered.

Mike hugged me "It's going to be okay. I swear that nothing will happen to you again. I promise. I will protect you."

I smiled and hugged him back.

a/n: BYLER

word count: 812