Chapter 64

~ Y/n's POV ~

Mike and I are going to California today so we can visit El and Will. We agreed to meet up in the airport at 5:00 am. Our flight is going to be at 6:30 am. I'm surprised I got to wake up this early.

I looked around at the gift shops and small restaurants, searching for Mike. We didn't really specify where we're going to meet. I turned my head and saw that he was walking out of the boys restroom while putting on sunglasses.

I went up to him "Oh, hey y/n." he said. "Hey..." I trailed off then I furrowed my eyebrows at him. I looked at him up and down. "What?" he asked. "What the hell are you wearing?" I judged his outfit.

He wore a plain violet shirt with a bright yellow button up that has some design at the back but I couldn't see because of his backpack, wide shorts, sandals, a hat that has bright colored leaves around it and sunglasses. How fashionable.

"Um...clothes?" he answered sarcastically. I rolled my eyes "No shit sherlock. I mean, what the fuck is this outfit?"

"What about it?" he asked. I raised an eyebrow "What about it?" I mocked him "You look like a grandpa going on a vacation with his family to the goddamn lake." I said.

Mike scoffed "At least I look like I'm actually going to California. Like, what is this outfit?" I scoffed. "This outfit's fine." I wore a f/c shirt with a black mini skirt and black converse. "Just...don't talk to me on the plane. I don't want people to think I'm actually traveling with a guy who looks like that." I turned around and quickly walked away.

"We're literally going to hang out with Will and El all day, together! Of course people will think we know each other." Mike ran after me.

~ Time skip to California ~

The plane landed and Mike could not stop talking. I mean, I knew he was annoying but I didn't realize that he was this annoying. How can Will even like this dude? I thought. Mike didn't even talk to me this much when I had to stay over at his house.

Maybe he just did it to annoy me and if he did, then it worked.

We went in the airport where El and Will were waiting for us. We looked around and I saw El standing up from her chair. "Y/n! Mike! Over here!" she waved.

I hit Mikes arm, moving my hand to show where they are. I smiled and ran to El. We hugged as well as Mike and Will. I pulled away from the hug and showed El my present to her.

"Here's a gift I got for you, from Hawkins." I gave her a bouquet of purple and white flowers. "Thank you. I love them." El smiled and quickly kissed my cheek.

"Hey, Will!" I went and hugged him. Will and I pulled away from the hug. "Hi, Jonathan." I smiled at him.

"Hey." he smiled back. "That's a rad shirt, man. Ocean pacific?" a guy with long hair suddenly spoke to Mike.

"Oh, um this is Argyle. He's my friend." Jonathan introduced. "Oh. Hey." Mike stuck out his hand for Argyle to shake.

Instead, Argyle went for what looks like a hug but looked at the tag of Mike's shirt. Mike furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Oh, no no. It's a shitty knockoff." he hit Mike's shoulder. "Don't sweat it, man. I'll get you the good threads out here." Argyle said.

Mike looked at Will, not knowing what to say. "I heard a lot about your sister." Argyle blurted out. Mike eyes widen and he turned to Jonathan. Jonathan awkwardly looked away.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at El. She bit her lip and looked down. There was a long awkward pause before Jonathan broke the silence "Should we get going?"

"Yeah, this is is getting kinda awkward, man." Argyle said. "Yeah, so awkward." Mike said, putting his arm around Wills shoulder, not caring if people saw. We all started walking. I grabbed El's hand and she lightly squeezed mine.

"I have our whole day planned. First, burritos for breakfast." El smiled. I furrowed my eyebrows, while smiling "Really? Burritos for breakfast? You sure?" I asked.

"Yes. Trust me." she giggled. "No, no. I trust you, it's just a little weird." I replied. "Next, we'll go to Rink-O-Mania."

"What's Rink-O-Mania?" Mike asked. "It's the most fun place in Lenora. They have skating and games." "Okay, are you friends going to meet us there?" I asked.

"Friends? What friends?" Will asked in disbelief. El hit Will's chest with the flowers "You know, Stacy and Angela."

"Angela?" I heard Will repeat to himself. "You'll meet them, just not today. I want today to be just about us." El smiled at me. I quickly kissed the top of her head and we continued to walk out of the airport.

Word count: 846

↳ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐨 // 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें