Chapter 56

~ Third person's  p o v ~

Everyone (excluding El) stood on top of the counters and was ready to flip the car over. "Push!" Jonathan said. The car slightly rose up, but quickly went back down, crashing back onto the counter. "Shit!" Lucas cried.

"Let me try." El said while standing up. "El, you need to save your energy." y/n reminded. El limped forward. "I can do it." Y/n sighed and everyone stepped off the counter and went behind El.

She raised her arm and use her powers to try to move the car. The car made creaking noises and slowly rose up. El struggled while lifting it. A few moment later, the car fell back down. El grunted, frustrated about her powers being so weak.

~~~

Mike came up with a new plan on how to flip the car around. He handed us stanchions and told us to push the car over with them. "Push!" they all did so, and the car moved on it's side. "All right, great. All right, now, all the way. Ready? Three...two...one...Push!" Jonathan said and they all pushed the car with their stanchions. With everyone's efforts, they finally got to flip the vehicle over.

Everyone was panting because of how heavy the car was. "Told you. Physics." Mike panted. They all hopped down the counter and Jonathan and Nancy tried getting the ignition cable out. Max spotted El digging through a garbage can. "What's she doing?" she asked.

Y/n followed her gaze and furrowed her eyebrows. El grabbed a Coke can and placed it on top of a ledge. She focused on her powers. She tried so hard to crush the can like what she did before when she was a kid, but nothing happened.

"El?" y/n called while going towards her. "Are you okay?" she asked. El didn't reply. Suddenly, loud thuds were heard just outside the mall. Max slowly looked up and saw the Mind Flayer's shadow right above the ceiling of the mall. "Mike, y/n." she called. The both of them looked up as well and their eyes widen.

The glass started to crack and break. "Nancy!" Mike shouted, alarming her. El looked up as well. "Come on!" Mike said and y/n grabbed El's arm, pulling her away from the center of the mall. They ran and hid behind a stand. Everyone else hid behind the car. The Mind Flayer crashed into the mall. Glass flew everywhere.

The ground slightly shook as the Mind Flayer landed on the floor. El grabbed y/n's hand and she squeezed it. The Mind Flayer tried searching for them.

~~~

Dustin tried contacting the Griswold Family, but no one answered. "Griswold Family, do you copy? Griswold Family, do you copy?" Mike forgot his Supercomm on one of the benches. "Griswold Family, do you copy?! Griswold Family, I repeat, this is Scoops Troop. Do yo-" Dustin was cut off by the Mind Flayer grabbing the Supercomm and screeching into it.

The Mind Flayer threw the Supercomm onto the floor and continued searching for everyone. Mike peaked out. "It's turned away. If we go up the stairs now, we'll make it." Mike whispered to us. "No way, not with El's leg."

"We have to try." Mike said. "There's another way...to get out.Through The Gap." El softly said, motioning her head towards the store. Mike moved again, checking if the Mind Flayer still isn't looking. "Okay." Mike turned to y/n and El. "Now." The four of them quickly got up and went in the store. El had her arms over y/n and Max's shoulders for support. They carefully stepped over the broken glass. But then El accidentally knocked over a display, making a bit of noise, alerting the Mind Flayer.

The four hurriedly ran and hid behind a counter. The Mind Flayer quickly went near Gap and searched around the store with his tentacles. The tentacles traveled around the store, finding whoever caused the noise. The Mind Flayer spotted an arm with the same sleeve as El. He quickly grabbed it and brought it to him.

The Mind Flayer roared at who he thought he found, but turns out that he grabbed a mannequin that was wearing the same shirt as El. The Mind Flayer flung the mannequin across the room, frightening the four kids.

As the Mind Flayer continues to search for them, Max, El, y/n and Mike quickly moved and changed their hiding places. The Mind Flayer goes around the corner where he threw the mannequin and screeched at the corner where he thought the four kids were.

~~~

Lucas quickly brought out his wrist rocket. "What are you doing?" Nancy asked. "Don't worry." Lucas whispered back. The Mind Flayer's tentacle was carefully searching Mike, y/n El and Max, who stayed in their spot, afraid of what might happen next.

Lucas stood up, aiming his wrist rocket directly at the Mind Flayer. He was ready to fire the Mind Flayer with his wrist rocket. But Lucas changes his direction at a balloon. He slowly pulled back on the wrist rocket and being careful. He then lets it go and the balloon make a loud pop.

The Mind Flayer, who already had one of his tentacles right beside Mike's shoulder, quickly moved his attention to the balloon. He moved away from the store and investigated on whatever made the sound.

Jonathan sat up to check if the Mind Flayer wasn't looking, and he wasn't. "Go, go, go, go, go!" he quietly said and Will, Lucas, Nancy and him all got up and ran to one of the counters. They hopped over the counter at New York pizza kitchen.

They ran in the kitchen and out the back door. Mike, Max, y/n and El ran through the room, out the back door, andinto the service hallway.

A/n: it's 2 am rn. good morning ig

[not checked]

word count: 993