Chapter 26

~Y/n's pov~

"It's not like before. It's grown." Hopper said. "A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there."

"The place is crawling with those dogs." "Demo-dogs." Dustin corrected. "I'm sorry, what?" Hopper asked.

"I said, uh, Demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs." Dustin tried to explain. I rolled my eyes at him. "You put them together, it's should pretty badass-"

"How is this important right now?" Hopper cut Dustin off. "It's not. I'm sorry." Dustin apologized.

"I can do it." El interrupted. "You're not hearing me."

"I'm hearing you. I can do it." I looked at her unsure.  I grabbed her hand and gently squeezed it. El squeezed back but didn't look at me.

"Even if El can, there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies." Mike said. "I thought that was the whole point." Max said confused.

"It is, but if we're really right about this..I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the Mind Flayer's army..."

"Will's part of that army." I gasped in realization. "Closing the gate will kill him."

"He likes it cold." Joyce suddenly said. "What?" Hopper questioned. "It's what Will keeps saying to me. He likes it cold. We keep giving it what it wants." Joyce explained and closed the window in Will's room.

"If this is a virus, and Will's he host, then..." "Then we need to make the host uninhabitable." Jonathan finishes for Nancy. "So if he likes it cold.."

"We need to burn it out of him." Joyce said.

"We have to do it somewhere far away this time." Mike said. "Yeah, somewhere far away."

~~~

Nancy, Jonathan, Will and Joyce left and went to Hopper's cabin. Hopper and El are going back to the lab to close the gate and Steve is supposed to look after me, Lucas, Mike, Dustin and Max. I didn't like the idea of El going back there..but she had to. I stood next to El then Hopper called for her. Before she could leave I gently grabbed her arm. "Hey..um. Be carful, okay? I just..I can't loose you again."

El looked at me and smiled softly "You won't loose me." she assured "Do you promise?" I asked as a tear rolled off my face. "Promise." Our foreheads touched.

"El. Come on, let's go. It's time." Hopper called. I quickly kissed her forehead then she went in Hopper's car. We all watched they drove away. Fuck. Hopper, please keep her safe.

~~~

I paced around the living room as Max, Lucas and Mike were sweeping the broken glass from the window, Dustin and Steve arguing and trying to put the Demo-dog in the fridge and while Nancy is in another room doing some other shit.

"Y/n, would you stop it already?" Lucas asked annoyed. I turned to him "I don't know if El will be able to actually close the gate. I don't know if El is even safe. How the fuck am I supposed just sit still while I saw her for like an hour after a whole ass year and then she has to leave again to save the world because of some shit from another dimension?" I asked angrily. Fuck at this point I don't even know how I'm feeling.

Mike stood up and went towards me. "Look, I'm sure that El is fine. She's with the chief. Don't worry about this too much. She's safe, okay?" Mike assured me. "Yeah, the chief will take care of her." Lucas said.