Chapter 42

~ Eleven's p o v ~

Max was singing along to the song that was playing on the radio. I went through the magazines that Max brought.

I flipped to a page that showed a young boy. "Oh, you found Ralph Macchio." Max smiled. "Macchio?" I questioned.

"Yeah, he's the karate kid. Hai-yah!" Max did some karate move and I giggled at her. "He's so hot, right? I bet he's an amazing kisser too."

I made a face to Max. "Hey, um.." she sat down next to me on the bed. "Is y/n a good kisser?" she asked. "I don't know. She's my first girlfriend."

"Ex-girlfriend." Max reminded me. My smile slowly faded. "Hey, don't worry about it. Okay? She'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness."

"God, what I wouldn't give to see her face." Max slightly giggled. I bit my lip, trying not to smile. "What is it?" she asked.

~~~

I grabbed my blindfold and wrapped it around my head, covering my eyes. "Is this really going to work?" Max asked. I nodded my head. "Holy shit, this is insane-" "Max." I cut her off.

"Yeah, quiet. Sorry." She whispered. I inhaled then focused.

I opened my eyes to see the pitch black room with water all around the floor. I turned my head and saw y/n curled up into a ball in Mike's basement.

"I found her." I told Max. "What's she doing?" "She's in Mike's basement. I..think she's crying." a wave of guilt suddenly flooded my body.

She had her face in her hands. Mike sat down beside her and tried comforting her. "Hey, it's going to be okay. I'm sure she'll quickly come back and want to be your..girlfriend again."

Y/n sat back up properly and quickly wiped her tears. She sniffled "Thanks." "No problem." he smiled. She looked at him for a moment then hugged him.

The hug lasted over two minutes.

Suddenly, I felt..weird. Like the same feeling that I felt when I saw Max and y/n together. Is it...jealousy? I think that's the word.

They're best friends. You shouldn't feel this way, especially when you're the one who broke up with her.

I couldn't stand it anymore and decided to leave. I removed the blindfold "What? What happened?" Max asked. I looked at her sadly.

I told her everything I saw. "Look, I'm sure y/n was just upset and needed a hug. That's all. There's nothing to be worried about." Max assured me.

~ y/n's  p o v ~

I rode back home. I opened the door and went inside. "Dad?" I called. "I'm home!" No response.

I think he's at work or something. I just went straight to my room and laid in bed. I really fucked up.

We've been dating for only eight months and I already fucked up. Great.

I hugged my pillow and just tried to fall asleep.

Word count: 495