Chapter 41

~ y/n's p o v~

I was curled up into a ball on the couch in Mike's basement. My face was in my hands as a few tears escaped my eyes.

I didn't want to cry, especially when my friends were awkwardly standing in front of me. And when I mean 'my friends', I mean Will and Mike since Lucas has to go home because his mom got mad at him or something.

I felt the couch dip down a bit then felt a hand on my back, rubbing it soothingly. I looked up and saw Mike.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. I'm sure she'll quickly come back and want to be your..girlfriend again." Mike said, sort of hesitating when he said the word girlfriend.

I sat back up properly and quickly wiped my tears. I sniffled "Thanks." "No problem." he smiled. I looked at him then hugged him. I don't care anymore, I need a hug.

I pulled away from the hug when Will spoke. "So...can we play D&D now?" Will asked. Mike looked up at him with...annoyance? Not sure.

"I'm sorry Will but, I think I'll just go home." I muttered, standing up and grabbing my bag. "Bye," I said and went up the stairs then left the Wheelers house.

~ Will's p o v ~

When I saw y/n hug Mike, I felt a bit jealous. Especially when I saw Mike blush. My nails dug into my palm, trying not to show my emotions. You're friend just had a breakup. Stop being such a dick, Will. I mentally told myself.

"So...can we play D&D now?" Jesus Christ. You really had to ask that now? I wanted to jump off a cliff.

Y/n pulled away from the hug and Mike..glared at me? "I'm sorry Will but, I think I'll just go home." y/n said then grabbed her bag and left.

"Seriously, Will?" Mike suddenly said. I looked at him. "Why do you want to play D&D so bad? Even when y/n just got broken up?" Mike annoyingly asked. "Why can't you just stop asking since you already know the goddamn answer? We're not little kids anymore."

"I-i.." I didn't know what to say. "What was that?" Mike sarcastically asked. My lip trembled and I looked down. Why do I always feel like crying whenever Mike gets mad at me?

"Oh? Are you going to cry now too? Do I need to comfort you too? Jesus Christ, Will. Just grow the fuck up." I looked back up at him, shocked.

"What's your problem, Mike? Are you mad that I accidentally interrupted your adorable hug with y/n? I swear I didn't mean to ask that, it just slipped out. And to answer one of your questions, I want to play D&D so bad because I miss playing it when we were younger and I basically got half of my childhood stolen because of the goddamn Upside Down. I am so sorry that I just can't live without playing D&D at least three times a month." I didn't even notice that tears fell from my face.

Mike stayed silent. I rolled my eyes. "I'm going home too." I grabbed my backpack and ran up the stairs. I quickly walked through the hallway and to the front door.

"Will! Wait! I'm sorry!" I heard Mike call for me. I didn't listen. I went out the house and I saw that it was raining. Great. I was going to grab my bike until Mike grabbed my shoulder and made me turn around. "What now?" I asked.

"I-...y- you can't leave." Mike said. "Why not?" I asked. He paused for a second "Because..it's raining."

I rolled my eyes again "Look, I'm sorry for what I said back there. I don't know why I did that. We're just not in the mood for playing at the moment." Mike apologized.

"Yeah, Mike. That's the problem, you guys are never in the mood anymore." I said. "That's not true! We do want to play! It's just not a good time right now." Mike quickly said.

I scoffed "You guys are destroying everything. And for what? Just so you all could just go date people and swap spit?"

Mike frowned "Why are you so bothered by that? We aren't kids anymore!" he said. "I don't know, but I guess I'm kind of bothered by you still liking y/n when she obviously loves El!" I yelled.

"What's your problem? Are you jealous or what? It's not like you and I aren't even dating!"

Ouch. That one stung a bit. I didn't reply and just stared at him with wide sad eyes. He paused for a second and inhaled sharply "I'm not trying to be a jerk, okay?-"

"Fuck you." I mumbled, cutting him off then got on my bike and left. "Will! Wait!"

a/n: i hate this chapter sm lmfao 😍

word count: 833