Chapter 37

~ small time skip ~

El and I went back to Hopper's cabin. It's now 7 pm. I'm so dead. I mentally told myself.

We walked up the steps. El did her special knock and not even a minute later Hopper flung the door open. "Jesus Christ, kid. Why the hell are you four hours late?" he angrily asked.

Before I could answer, El covered for me. "It's my fault. Y/n said that we should get back when my watched buzzed but I said that we could stay at Dustin's house a bit longer. Please don't get mad at her."

Hopper glared at me and I looked down. "I'll bring y/n home," he bluntly said. I looked back up and my eyebrows furrowed.

Before any of us could reply, Hopper said "You stay here and eat your dinner." Hopper pointed to El. I paused. "Okay, uh. Bye, El." "Bye." she kissed my cheek and went in the cabin.

I walked down the steps. Once El closed the door, Hopper walked down the steps too "C'mon." I heard some annoyance in his voice.

"You know, I can just bike back home." I muttered while dragging my bike with me to Hopper's car. "Yeah, well I wanna have a talk with you." he replied. I bit my lip. Shit. He unlocked the car.

"Get in losers, we're going shopping!" Hopper exclaimed then did a slut drop. El ran out the door and slapped his face. "YOU ARE LIKE PAPA!" she yelled then used her powers to slam him towards a tree. Hopper tried to get back up from the ground but El quickly raised her hand and threw him across the woods then she grabbed my hand and stormed back in the cabin. "W-what the f-fuck. You're- You're- You're- You're- a- a- a- a- m-m-mons-monster!" I cried out. "WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GO SHOPPING :((((" I yelled at her and she screamed, making all the windows in the cabin break.

(It's funny. please laugh. 😔🚶🏻‍♀️)

"Get in." Hopper told me, grabbed my bike and put it in the trunk. I opened the door of the passenger seat and went in.

When he closed the trunk door he opened the door of the driver seat and went in. He paused for a moment without even turning the car on. "Uh-"

"You can't visit El this week." he suddenly said. My eyes widen and I turned my head to him "What? Why?" I asked.

"Because you brought her back home very late without even telling me and may I remind you that this is now the third time you two ignored my rules! And she keeps on defending you, telling me that it's her fault."

I didn't know how to respond. "You won't be visiting her this week." he repeated then finally turned the car on and started driving off to my house. I huffed then slumped down the seat.

word count: 492