Chapter 44

~ Y/n's  p o v ~

I woke up to the phone ringing. I was waiting till my dad would pick it up, but I think he was still asleep. Over a minute later it was still ringing. I groaned then got up.

I picked up the phone "Hello?" I sleepily asked. "Y/n, this is Mike. Something happened last night. Something bad."

"What?" I questioned. "Just come over to my house and we'll explain everything." Mike hung up. I frowned, looking back at the phone.

~~~

I arrived at Mike's house seven minutes ago. We were waiting for Max and El to get here. Dustin wasn't answering the phone or his walkie.

Four minutes later, Max and El arrived at the same time. El didn't pay much attention to me, so I just did the same and mainly focused on why they called us.

"I didn't think it was anything at first. I mean, I think I just didn't want to believe it." Will started. "The first time I felt it was at Day of the Dead."

"Power went out that night, too." Mike reminded "And then I felt it again at the field near the Nelson farm the next day. Then again yesterday outside Castle Byers." Will finished.

"What does it feel like?" Max asked. "It's almost like...You know when you drop on a roller coaster?" Will asked. "Sure." "Yeah."

"No." El said. "It's like...everything in your body is just sinking all at once, but this is worse." Will started explaining. "Your body...It goes cold and you can't breathe. I felt it before, whenever he was close."

"Whenever who was close?" Max asked "The Mind Flayer."

"I closed the gate." El said confused. "I know, but...what if he never left? What if we locked him out here with us?" Will suggested.

He placed a piece of paper on the table and got a black crayon. "This is him. All of him." Will quickly drew the Mind Flayer. "But, that day on the field, a part of him attached himself to me." He smeared the color onto his hand.

"My mom got it out of me...and Eleven closed the gate. But the part that was still in me...what if it's still in our world?" Will flipped the paper around and pressed the hand that has the black color on it. "In Hawkins."

"I don't understand. The Demodogs died when El closed the gate. If the brain dies, the body dies." Max asked. I nodded in agreement. How would it still be alive then?

"We can't take any chances. We need to assume the worst. The Mind Flayer's back." Mike said. "Yeah. And if he is, he'd want to attach himself to someone again. A new me." Will said

"A new host." Lucas said. "How can you tell if someone is a host?" I asked.

a/n: THANK YOU FOR 10k READS!!
LOVE YOU ALL

word count: 492