Chapter 38

~ Next day + third person  p o v ~

El paced around the porch, waiting for y/n to show up. She told me that she was going to visit today. Why is she twenty minutes late? El thought.

She went back inside and grabbed the phone. She dialed y/n's number and waited till y/n answers. Seconds later y/n picked up. "It's 9:32. Where are you?" El asked while going in her room, shutting the door with her mind.

"Sorry, but..I- I can't visit today." y/n lied. "What? Why not?" El asked. "Uh...my mom! Yeah- my dad said that we were going to visit her today. I swear he just told me last night when I got home. Sorry that I didn't tell you sooner."

"But..you said that you didn't want to visit her anymore after the last time you did." she said, confused. Y/n mentally cursed to herself.

"Yeah but..my dad kinda forced me. But he promised me that this will be the last time then we're not going to visit her anymore."

"Can you come over after?" El asked. "No!" El and y/n's eyes widen. Shit, why did I yell? y/n thought to herself.

"Uh- my dad wants to..um...to spend the whole day together." El furrowed her eyebrows y/n is acting strange. "Do you lie?" she asked.

"What? No! No, I don't lie. Why would I lie?" Y/n said. She felt really guilty for what she's doing, but she obviously wouldn't be doing this if Hopper didn't get mad at her.

Y/n slightly put the phone down and covered the speaker "What dad?" she asked no one. "My dad's calling me. I need to go. I'll talk to you later. Miss you already. Bye!" y/n quickly said before putting the phone down.

El removed the phone from her ear, furrowing her eyebrows. She's lying. I'm sure of it.

El opened the door and put the phone back. She went back in her room, slamming the door shut with her powers and laid on her bed. She stared at the ceiling. Why is she lying to me? she mentally asked herself.

Y/n stared at the phone before hitting her head on the wall. "Shit. Shit. Shit! What do I do now?" y/n whispered to herself.

word count: 397