Chapter 59

~ El's  p o v~

It's been two months since the 'mall incident'. Since then, I have been staying with the Byers and Joyce has been treating me like I was her actual child. She's very sweet and gives me the same love and care she gives to Will and Jonathan.  I'm glad I got to stay with Joyce.

Max hasn't been the same after what happened, I mean, all of us hasn't been the same but she's been distancing herself and acted less happy now. I understand why she's acting like this but I just wish I could help.

Y/n has been doing her best in keeping me cheerful. She's been visiting a lot and we would have mini dates like she would bring new movies to watch, make snacks in the kitchen even though most of the time it turns out gross, make arts and crafts with Will, read comics together, play board games, and a lot more. I really love how she's coming up with ideas on how to keep me busy even though I'm stuck here at home. She also helps me figure out why my powers aren't working since it's been bugging me a lot.

Mike has been visiting Will as well and they would hang out in Will's room or Will would visit Mike. Sometimes Will and I would hang out with everyone, usually at Mike's house.

Will and I have been trying to spend all our time hanging out with everyone ever since mo- I mean Joyce told us about the news.

~ Y/n's pov ~

"Hey," I held onto El's hand. "what's wrong?" I frowned. We were just rewatching The Breakfast Club but El has been acting weird the whole day. She's been zoning out, picking on her finger tips, and she's been acting like something is bothering her.

"Huh? Oh, nothing." she mumbled. "You sure? You're not acting like yourself today." I rubbed my thumb on the back of her hand. She bit her lip, not wanting to say a word. "You know you can tell me anything."

She looked at me with sad eyes. I started getting nervous, thinking that she was going to break up with me or something.

"Um...J-Joyce told me that we were gonna move from Hawkins to California." she said in a soft tone. I mentally sighed in relief. Okay. She's not going to break up with me.  I thought. But I was still upset because that means I wouldn't be able to see her or visit her that much.

"Oh..." I pouted. "When will you move...?" I asked. "Next month." My eyes widen. "That's only two weeks away!" I don't want her to leave. What if something happens to her there? Or worse?

I hugged her tight. "I'm going to miss you..." "Me too."

Word count: 473