Chapter 51

~ y/n's p o v ~

"He said that he was building something. That it was all for me." El told us. "Building something... is he talking about the flayed?" Max asked. "He must be." Nancy replied.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas said. "Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread."

"He's building it to stop Eleven." Will continued. "Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." I said. "Like, royally." Lucas added.

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him." Mike started "But if she's out of the way-"

"Game over." Lucas cut him off. "He also said he was gonna kill all of you." El quietly said. Our eyes widen. "How sweet of him." I muttered sarcastically.

A faint screeching noise was heard from afar. Nancy stood up and walked towards the window that showed the colorful fireworks. "Do you guys hear that?" Nancy asked. We all stayed quiet, trying to hear whatever she was talking about.

"It's just the fireworks." Jonathan reassured her. "Billy..." she turned to us. "When he told you this, it was here, in this room?" she asked. El nodded. The screeching noise started getting louder and louder.

We all stood up. Will touched the back of his neck. "He knows we're here."

~~~

We started blocking the windows with furniture or anything we can find. Nancy and Jonathan were getting weapons to fight the Mind Flayer who was coming our way. I helped El in carrying the table "Yeah, that's good. Just like that." I said.

Nancy and Jonathan went back in after we put everything up. "Hey, get away from the windows." Nancy said. We all stood in the middle of the room, prepared to fight. The ground started to slightly shake, making a few mugs fall to the ground. "It's close." Will shuddered. 

Suddenly, everything stopped. The ground stopped shaking and everything went quiet. "Where'd it go?" Max asked. The only thing you could hear was our uneven breaths. 

Then something went through the wall. The thing, I know was part of the Mind Flayer, screeched and we all backed away from it. El pulled me and Will behind her so the thing won't get us. Jonathan quickly hit it with the axe. He was about to hit it a third time until the tentacle thing hit Jonathan, making him fall to the ground.

The thing was going closer to Jonathan until Nancy started shooting it. It turned to her as she continued shooting it. She was about to shoot it again but she ran out of ammo. She quickly backed up towards the wall and the thing was about to get her until El stopped it by using her powers.

The creature shook as it shrieked in pain. She slowly moved it away from Nancy and used her powers to cut the head of the tentacle off. The part El cut off quickly squiggled out of the cabin. "Holy shit."

Suddenly, two more broke through the walls, coming straight for El. But El quickly stopped it and cut both of the the creatures in half. She kept on panting and stood there for a moment until another one broke in and grabbed her by the leg. El screamed and my eyes widen.

I quickly ran towards her and grabbed her arms, pulling her back. Mike, Jonathan, Max and Will quickly grabbed her arms too. "Nancy, shoot it!" Jonathan yelled. Nancy quickly reloaded the gun and aimed it at the face of the Mind Flayer and shot it multiple times.

The Mind Flayer roared in pain. "Come on, Lucas!" Max yelled. Lucas quickly grabbed the axe from the ground and the the tongue looking thing that was grabbing El.

Lucas grunted as he hit it multiple times. Nancy continued shooting it. Lucas hit it one more time before it was cut in half. El fell on me "El?" I asked. She groaned. I looked at her leg and part of it was still attached to her.

I quickly sat up and grabbed it, ripping it off. She screamed in pain. I threw the thing away and it crawled it's way out. El panted as struggled to stand up. The Mind Flayer roared at us and El raised both of her hands. 

She yelled as she used her powers to split his head in half. El was close to falling onto the ground so I caught her from behind.

"Go, go go!" Nancy quickly said. "Come on, come on, go!" Nancy and Jonathan moved the couch that was blocking the door while Mike helped me support El. "Hurry up! Come on!"

"Everybody out!" Mike said. We all quickly went out the cabin and ran to Nancy's car. Me, El and Mike went in the back cause of El's leg. She wailed in pain. "Drive!" Mike yelled. Nancy quickly turned the car on and drove away, leaving the Mind Flayer there.

El groaned. I held her in my arms "El, just hang on a bit longer, okay? We're gonna get supplies to bandage this up. Just hang on a bit longer." I told her. She nodded and held onto my hand.

[ not checked ]

A/n: my mom got mad at me cuz i wasn't doing my school work haha

word count: 879