Confessions

Corey Chapter 40

Liaison finally open up and tell me what I needed to hear. Her declaration keeps repeating in my head, but I can't think straight after hearing that Nate raped her.

It makes me nauseous so I roll out of bed and stumble to the bathroom and when I reach the toilet, I throw up. I'm sickened by that piece of information.

After I clean up and go back to the bedroom, she isn't in the bed where I left her. She's standing at the wardrobe with the sheets wrapped around her. My eyes down her body and when I see blood stains dotting the white fabric, it makes my stomach roll again, because after what she said, I feel guilty for fucking her like I did.

"Where are you going Liaison?"

She looks at me with tears glossing her eyes and torment marring her face. "I know what you think now... so I'm leaving."

I shouldn't, but I get irritated because where the fuck is she going. We're on a yacht for crying out loud.

"Put the clothes away. You're not going anywhere. We have to talk...Come take a shower with me."

"Why, Corey? There's nothing for us to talk about. You didn't even hear the worst part yet your so disgusted that it made you sick. I don't want to talk, so please just leave me alone."

She starts rummaging through the wardrobe and I go over and stand behind her. "Because I love you."

"Don't feel sorry for me Corey...you don't have to say that."

"It's the truth Liaison. I know you're trying to push me away."

"So, go! Because once you hear about me, you won't want to stay."

"Try me...Tell me everything. I know it will be hard for you, but you can trust me Liaison. I'm not going anywhere, so please stop asking me to."

The last ounce of fight she has left wanes and she fall to her knees crying. Sobs rack her body as she weeps at my feet, and as I watch her, lumps form in my throat and my eyes begin to sting as my heart gets heavy.

Bending, I pick her up and carry her to the shower. There I set the temperature then remove the sheets and after that we get in.

***

Hours have passed and Liaison hasn't said a word, and she hasn't stopped crying. I don't know what to do but hold her as we lay in bed. My heart's bleeding out like the tears streaming from her eyes, and it feels like I'm being torn apart. It's killing me.

Nate has to pay for this, I can't let him get away. Scumbags like him deserves to be behind bars or better yet dead. I'm more satisfied with him dead, his death caused by my own hands.

"Hey...you look like you want to murder someone."

Her gravelly voice cuts through my thoughts and the sound makes my guilt grow. I should have been more reasonably in my approach but I was selfish and took advantage.

"I do. Would you hate me if I did?" I tell her the truth because I want honesty.

"I know it's a lot to take in Corey, but I don't want you to think like that-"

"You have to tell me Liaison. Every detail, I need to know."

"Things will change between us and I doubt that you'll still want me after you hear everything, but I'm ready to tell you."

"Listen to me Liaison, there is nothing you, or anyone can do to keep me away from you. I've wanted to you longer than you know and I have you now, so I won't let you get away."