New Job

Liaison- Chapter 5

Scrambling out of bed, I rush to the bathroom to get ready and when I turn the shower on, it heats up after a few minutes. I thanked God that it did because I only have forty-five minutes to get to the induction.

After I quickly brush my teeth, I take the fastest shower that I've ever taken in my life then I walk out of the bathroom and dress my partially wet body in the cheap black dress I often wore when I worked at Parker Industries.

The name brings back memories of what transpired over the weekend, and I could kick myself for idly thinking about that man. I can't push the memories out of my mind as I put my damp hair up in a bun. I hope it doesn't get too knotted; I will have to tame it later when I have time.

Adding a dab of mascara and a splash of lip gloss, I grab the keys for foxy and head out.

***

I'm running late by ten minutes and traffic is a bitch. Mr. Pushy pops back into my head and I turn the radio up to drive him out. How dare he?

Who goes to a party with their fiancée and feel her up in a crowd full of people, then hit on another woman? Then, on top of that, offer to drive the woman home.

Thank God I gave Mr. Pushy the slip because if I see him again, I would be sure to give him a piece of my mind. Prick! He didn't even recognize me as one of his ex-employees. Then again why would he?

The GPS chiming through the speaker, informs me that I've arrived at my destination and I pull up to park my car in one of the spaces on the driveway then I sit for a few minutes to compose myself. I already know that I'm late so what's a few more minutes.

Looking through the window, the beauty surrounding me captures my attention. A large country house is sitting on top of a smooth circular driveway. It has a mint green door that I think looks charming and inviting.

Pots of flowers are decorating the porch and some are hanging strategically from the roof. Roses, Lilies, Gardenias and other flowers that I cannot name litters the scene in front of me and it's beautiful.

The house is shrouded by forestry, and I can hear birds in the distance. As I gaze at it, I fall in love immediately. This is the house most people dream of owning.

***

I managed to catch the induction before it started, and after forty-five minutes of being shown around we go back to the foyer, a round room with a high ceiling that has star lights built in.

Expensive art is decorating the cloud white walls and the huge fireplace supports an antique mirror.

Looking around, a large semi-circle sofa takes up most of the space in the room, but it ties in nicely with the fireplace, furniture and porcelain floor.

The rest of the house is impressive too. There are six bedrooms all with their own bathrooms. Two living rooms with a study and a massive dining room, plus all the nooks and crannies.

A kitchen so large it would make any chef cry, it has a pantry and a utility room. There's an office and library with a sunroom extension. I don't even know what a sunroom is. There's also a game room that sits opposite a gym.

Outside there's an infinity pool, a basketball and tennis court. The gardens are huge. The land surrounding the house is endless. I even saw a lake when I looked through the windows upstairs. I can't express how extravagant this place is.