Chapter 61

"Hello, Mama!" Karim sang with a wide beam that would probably tear his face in half if he stretched it any further.

"You're awake.."

Naima was taken aback when Karim took her hands away from the sink where she was washing some fruits before breaking into a dance with her.

Karim began humming her favourite nasheed as they both moved around the kitchen or maybe Karim dragging her around.

"You seem happy." Naima smiled up at his son.

"What gave it away?" Karim chuckled before kissing her cheeks.

"You're amazing, mama. Have I ever told you that?" Karim spoke.

"Well I try my best." Naima shrugged. "Just to be sure, you're not on any drugs now yes?"

"Nope. Sober as I've been since birth." Karim paused. "Just happy. And also because I'm going to get married."

Naima stopped their songless dance.

"To whom?" She frowned. "I don't think Zaira...

"Mama, to Zaira." Karim stopped her.

"Oh." She said. "Oh!" Surprise was written all over her face as soon as she realised what he meant. "Oh! Oh! You're going official! Ya Allah!"

Karim nodded.

"That's so great, Karim. I'm so happy for you. I always thought it'd be something you'd do way later because Zaira might not be ready now but my God. When?!" Naima fangirled.

"I didn't think she'd say yes too. But she did and now we can go outside together without caring who sees us." Karim's grin was wide.

Naima smiled and placed a hand on Karim's face.

"Take it slow, yeah. It tends to be overwhelming for people like us in the beginning."

"People like you? Mama you're people like us. Have been for years now."

"You know what I mean."

"I do. Don't worry, we will be fine."

"Who will be fine? And why are you dancing with your mother? What are you? Three?" Tawfiq raised a brow as he stepped into the kitchen.

"Just say you're jealous, T." Dean appeared from behind him resting half his body over the counter.

He reached over to grab an apple before looking at Naima for a second as if asking for permission.

Naima nodded and not a second later he was biting into it.

"You can have your wife back. I'll go back to mine." Karim grinned.

"Maybe we will go on a date. Yes. Yes we will." Karim nodded enthusiastically.

"It's too late for a date." Someone spoke from behind him.

He turned to see Zaira standing a few feet away from him.

"It's never too late for a date, love. We went to a fair once at night. And you seemed to love it if I recall correctly."

"I don't think I liked stealing kisses from engaged men that much."

"Well you can steal kisses from me anytime you want." Karim took steps closer to her and kissed the side of her head.

"Rub your love into our faces, would ya?" Dean muttered.

"Sad you don't have Bella around to rub your love in our faces?" Tawfiq retorted.

"We are never doing split missions again. I hate this." Dean groaned.

"Well you were the one who brought the stupid idea."