Chapter 23

"I got you!" Naima screamed as she twirled the little girl around.

Samia screamed in delight.

"Auntie Habiba, save me! The monster's got me!"

"I'm going to eat you!" Naima bared her teeth which earned her a loud shriek from Samia.

"I'll save you, Samia!" Habiba tried to pry Samia out of Naima's hands.

They were lost in their own world but came to the real world when Daneen stomped into the living room, glaring at them for no reason.

"You three seem ecstatic. You won't be once you see the trash Karim brought back home."

"Daddy?" Samia's brow perked up.

"Daneen. We don't call people trash." Tawfiq appeared from behind her.

"What's she talking about?" Naima looked at Tawfiq for answers.

Tawfiq sighed.

"I'm going to my room." Daneen muttered and walked away from them.

"What trash?" Naima asked again.

"Daddy!" Samia jumped out of her grandmother's arms and run to Karim who had just walked in with Maher holding his hand.

"Samia. My angel."

Samia halted her running and cocked her head with a questioning frown.

She looked at Maher weirdly and at her father. Then back at Maher who held unto Karim's hand tightly.

Who was the weird girl glaring at him?

"Who's that?" She scrunched her face.

The million dollar question.

"You won't give daddy a hug first?" Karim arched a brow. "You didn't miss me?"

"Who's that, daddy?" She insisted.

"This is Maher." Karim explained.

"Maher? Is that really him!? Oh my Allah!" Naima exclaimed and literally run to pull the confused little boy out of Karim's hold and proceeded to squeeze him to death.

Naima and Babies.

"You'll kill him, babe." Tawfiq stepped in.

"But. But. He smells so good and he's so cute!" Naima pouted.

"He won't be once you suffocate him to death." Tawfiq arched a brow.

"Who are you?" Maher furrowed his brows.

"Darling, I'm your dad's..."

"You know my dad?" Maher's eyes widened.

"Of course. He's my..."

"Hey! She knows your dad as well." Karim cut his mother off.

Naima arched a brow.

"anaha qisat tawilatun. 'iinah la yaerif 'anani waliduh biedu." (it's a long story. He doesn't know i'm his father yet.)

Naima nodded reluctantly.

Samia hugged her father's leg.

"Princess. I brought you a friend." Karim brushed her hair with his hands before picking her up.

"A friend? He'll stay here? And we can play together? Everyday?"

"Is that what you want?" Karim smiled.

Samia grinned happily.

"Yessss!" She clapped.

"Why don't you go introduce yourself to him then?" Karim quirked a brow before placing her back on her feet.