Chapter 25

Karim run outside of the house to find Noor's car still parked by the fountain with the driver standing by it.

Karim walked to him.

"ayn alamyr?" (Where is the princess?)

The driver pointed in the direction of the beach.

Karim nodded and jogged in that direction.

He reached there to find Noor sitting at the end of the stone staircase.
Karim could see the crabs on the sand so that might have been the reason why she was sitting where she thought was safe from crabs.

He knew how it felt for someone you loved to hurt you. He had gone through it and he hated every second of it. Yet here he was, putting Noor in that position.

He walked closer to her before moving in front of her.

Noor raised her head to look at the intruder.
She put her head back on her knees and ignored him.

Karim removed his shoes and placed them by her.

"What do you want, Karim?" She grumbled.

"I'm giving you my shoes." Karim smiled tightly.

"For what?" She eyed him.

Karim picked one of the shoes up.

"For this." He threw it as far as he could into the sea.

Noor frowned in confusion.

"I need you to get angry at me, my dear Noor. I need you to hit me. I need you to attack me. I need you to bring out all the anger in you and direct it to me." Karim stated with a solemn look.

"What?"

"Throw my shoe into the sea. My phone." He pulled his phone out. "Throw me into the sea if you want. Anything just to show you're angry at me."

"I do not want to. Leave me alone." She mumbled.

"You're doing it again. Being the strict rule abiding princess. Stop it. Please. You have all the right to hit me. To cry. To do whatever you want. I deserve it."

"I said I do not want to." Noor glared.

Karim exhaled.

"Come with me." Karim took the shoe in one hand and with the other took hold of her wrist forcefully and dragged her along into the water.

Noor struggled to get out of his grip but Karim kept pulling her along.

"Karim! I said leave me alone. I do not want to talk to you."

"I don't want you to talk to me. I want you to get angry. Get furious at me for lying. That's what you should do."

"I am not angry." She gave a fake smile.

Karim stopped when they got into the water, the ends of their clothes getting soaked in the water.

"Oh yeah?" Karim quirked a brow.
"What about now?" Karim cupped his hand and fetched the water into his hands before dropping it over her hijab covered head.