34

3rd party POV

    It's the day of the graduation, everyone is excited for it.  They've worked hard for it, 12 long years of teachers who were a nightmare, had favourites, were completely amazing and made their class memorable.  Then there were the ones who made headlines, like when the Language Arts teacher, Miss Mathews was caught giving the gym teacher, Mr. Bickle, who was married, a blow job in the janitor's office.  They picked the wrong place, that was where the horny teenagers went to have a quickie.  Needless to say, they were both terminated and Mr. Bickle was divorced and broke when his wife left him and took everything.  That stayed juicy gossip for a while, until we caught Mrs. Sampson with a mickey of rum in her desk.  She went from boring teacher to awesome teacher quickly.  Until stupid Tommy Rackles broke into her room and desk and got drunk on her mickey.  He threw up all over her desk and the janitors caught him.  They called the police and in turn his parents laid charges against the school and Mrs. Sampson was terminated as well.  She was human so alcohol worked on her, Tommy Rackles was just an omega so he was weak and was able to get drunk.  Of course Tommy blamed it on the rest of us, trying to say we conned him in to it.  Alpha Terrance did an Alpha command on him and the truth came out.  He hated that we all thought Mrs. Sampson was cool because she had alcohol to help her deal so he decided to get everyone in trouble.  He never thought to find out why she drank.  The beginning of the year, when there was a rogue attack, her husband and son were both killed.  Being human, they couldn't fight the rogues and were completely and unnecessarily mauled by them.  It was dental records that told who they were. 

    Alpha Terrance had put Mrs. Sampson in the pack house so she could be around others instead of alone.  He took a special liking to her as she knew who and what we were, so did her son and husband and they never told anyone or acted differently around us.  We really liked them.  The girls even started to take a liking to their son.  So when Alpha found out that it was a plan between the mother and son, he banned the entire family from the pack.  Last we heard, word had gone around to other packs and no one wanted a traitor in their pack, so they had turned rogue.

    Anyways, trailing off there for a minute.  Back to graduation day.  Everyone is excited for this day.  Everyone minus Damon.  His heart is completely broken.  He's blaming himself for Levi being gone.  If he had not went along with Tamara's crazy idea, maybe Levi would still be here. 

    Standing in front of a mirror in his room, Damon puts on the jacket of his tuxedo and his mom walks in and smiles.  "Oh son, you look amazing.  Now, turn around, let me put this rose on you."

    It's a dyed blue rose.  Damon had specially ordered it to match Levi's dress and her eyes.  Now, he was going with some she-wolf that Scarlet knew.  But she was instructed that he has a mate who is on a trip and not to expect anything.  There was no way Damon wanted to go to the grad with anyone but Levi, but he would make due with what he had.

    The gang all met up at the pack house and when Damon came down stairs, his date, Jessica, was wearing a blue dress.  Damon growled at this.  "Why are you wearing a blue dress?"

    Scarlet leans over and tells her, "I told you to pick out a different colour."

    The girl's face goes pale and she swallows loudly. "I..I'm sorry Damon.  I..I heard your mate was going to wear blue and I figured since you already probably matched your tux accessories, that it would be wise to not look out of place, when everyone else would match.  I..I'm s..sorry, I should have asked you first."  She bows her head.

    Hearing the explanation, Damon's face softens a bit and he clears his throat.  "It's ok.  You're right, I did coordinate everything with Levi's dress.  Thank you for thinking of that."

    And with that the parents of the others are already at the pack house and phones are out and pictures are being taken, poses are being called out, names and laughter, and a few tears along with "don't ruin your makeup!"

    Then someone calls out, "The Limo's here, time to get this party started!!"  More laughter is heard and goodbyes and hugs and see you at the ceremonies as the kids are piling into the limo.  Ryan breaks out a bottle of champagne, more for the semantics of it since champagne will never get a werewolf drunk.  Everyone cheers and drinks their glass.  Then Ryan refills and they say a cheers to Levi, where ever she is and they wish her to come back to them, to Damon as soon as possible.  No one notices the frown of Jessica at the mention of Levi.  No one but Becky, but she just puts it off to jealousy.  I mean c'mon, Jessica is on a date to the prom with the upcoming Alpha,of course she wants to get her claws into him.  Unfortunately, Damon wants only one she-wolf, his true mate, the woman he loves more than life it's self.

    They arrive at the great hall, where everything is being held.  Since there is an Alpha graduating this year in Black Moon, other Alphas, Lunas and even Betas are here, including those of Howling Moon.  Everyone knows of Levi missing so they are shaking Damon's hand and congratulating him on his grad and finding his mate, and to not worry, she will be back.  Damon gives them all a fake smile and is trying desperately to be positive.

    They all take their seats and the speeches are made..the long..boring..and even longer speeches are being made.  Scarlet is Valedictorian, well, actually, Levi was, but since she went missing, it's Scarlet doing the speech. 

    Scarlet starts by telling everyone a few jokes, maybe a little inappropriate ones, like 'What did the toaster say to the slice of bread?  "I want you inside me".' Or 'What do you call a cheap circumcision? "A rip-off'.  That one earned her a lot of groans and guys were cupping themselves.  She then went on to talk about past memories, what they can all expect in their futures and some other, as Scarlet said, 'sentimental and meaning bullshit that no one will remember in 30 minutes'. She then started to talk about her best friend and their future Luna, Levi.  A few tears were wept as she told of how they met so many years ago, after tragedy had struck Levi, how all of them because such good friends and a close group developed between them. She then mentioned of her being Damon's mate and Luna. 

    Jessica shifted a little in her seat and glared at those that were shedding tears for her.  This time Becky saw it and got a bad feeling.  This wasn't just a jealousy frown.  Something is up with this girl.  Becky decided that she would keep an eye on her, just to be safe and then mention something to Dom if it need be.  She didn't want to wreck his night with something that could be just paranoia.

    The speeches finally end and then they are calling out names to get their diplomas.  Cheers and applause is a constant and they really go crazy when Damon's name is mentioned.  Some even standing.  Of course Alpha and Luna are one of them along with all the other Alphas and Lunas, as a sign of respect to Damon and his pack.

    The principal takes the stage and clears his throat as he knows his next words will be met with sadness.  "With that being all the present students, we can concl.."

    The back doors open and close and there is a feminine voice, "But what about my name, sir?"

    A collective gasp is heard when the beautiful woman walks forward to take the stage.  No one says a word, everyone appears to be seeing a ghost.

    And just like that, the atmosphere is changed.