15

POV Damon

      How could I have been so stupid to reject my own true mate?  Why?  Why did I have to go into this agreement with a she-wolf that I can't even stand to be around much less mate with?  I want Levi.  I want my mate. Jasper wants Claire.  Ahh..why?
      Pulling my hair and needing to find Levi, I shift into my wolf and start to run after Levi, but I'm too late and she is already gone in her car.  Jasper runs into the woods hoping to cut her off and we can take back the rejection.  I didn't realize that my rejection could kill her wolf and her.  Why didn't I know this?  Why didn't we know about white wolves in school?  As soon as I find Levi and take back everything, I will work hard to make her forgive me and love me and I will make the schools start discussing white wolves.
      Running through the woods, I can't pick up her scent and Jasper is getting frustrated, he's growling and digging his paws deeper into the dirt trying to push himself to run faster.  I can feel a tug at the mind link and I know it's my father from the strength. "Son, get back here.  You've left your mate alone."
      "No I haven't father, I am chasing my mate."
      "Damon, get back here now.  I mean this instant.  I am still your father and I am your Alpha."
      Not being able to fight the Alpha command, Jasper stops and turns back to the pack house all the while growling at the fact that our mate has left us.  Suddenly, we feel a pain in our heads and Jasper whines.  She's left the pack, she crossed out of our pack lands.  She has really left me, us.  What have I done?
      Changing into my human form and dressing with some clothes stashed behind a tree, I stomp up the steps of the pack house.  Everyone has pretty much left with only a few stragglers left and Scarlet, Ryan, the guys and Levi's aunt and uncle alone with my mother and father in the living room.  Of course Tamara is there still and runs up to me throwing her arms around my neck. "Baby, are you ok?  Why did you run after that bitch?  She's not anything special.  You're an Alpha and you need Alpha blood as your mate to make strong heirs.  I forgive you, baby, the Moon Goddess just made a mistake."
      I am not sure who's growl is louder at that point, mine or everyone else in the room minus my parents.  Tamara's eyes grow huge and the look of fear is prevalent on her face.  She wreaks of it, which I am surprised I can even sense with the heavy human perfume she wears. "Baby? Did I.."
      "Don't call me baby.  Don't touch me.  Don't come around me.  And you can sure as fuck be reassured that we will not be mates..ever.  Get out, now!"  I spit at her.  I know, not really manly like, but it's better than letting Jasper out to take a chunk out of her neck.
      "Son, we have already talked about this.  You and Tamara will be chosen mates to continue the peace between packs.  It's been going on for years."
      "No dad, you talked about it.  I had no say.  Now that I have found my mate, I only want my mate.  My TRUE mate.  Not some wanna be made up tramp style Barbie who thinks she knows what it is like to be a Luna.  She's not even pure."
      Tamara gasps and acts like she has just been slapped, "What?  How can you say such things?  Of course I am pure.  I am saving myself for my mate, for you.  How can you be so cruel?"  She attempts to cry making my father believe her but not myself nor my mother.
      "Oh give it up.  Dom already told me he had you last year.  And you weren't pure then!  I refuse to have a slut as my Luna."
      "ENOUGH!"  A roar coming from my father shakes the walls and rattles the pictures.  "This union will happen and I don't care if she fucked the entire pack, sleep with her once to get her pregnant with an heir and you never have to touch again for all I care.  The peace between the packs lies in your hands, son.  Don't let me down."
      With that my father walks out followed by my mother and I can hear protesting the union until, "Woman, enough.  You are giving me a headache.  I love you with my entire soul, and my wolf's, but I cannot grant you this, I am sorry my love."  My mom looks back at me with sympathy but with something else flickering in her eyes..determination.  It's going to be one of those nights..we all know how she gets my dad to listen to her and it's not by being reasonable. 
      I turn to walk out the front door when Tamara grabs my arm, "You really think I am a slut?  Do you really think I would sleep with one of your friends?"  Crocodile tears falling down her caked up made up face..for all I know her real skin colour was purple with how much make up she wore.
      I look over her head to my friend Dom who just smirks.  "I know the time you let Dom fuck you.  It was against the tree by our boarders, I recognized the scent the day I met you and when he came in that day.  I wanted to test you, see if you would fail or if you would say pure, but you failed.  And even worse, Dom said you already smelled of another wolf.  When he took me to the tree, I could smell both of your excitement and I knew you were a slut then.  I never had any plans to mate you.  Once your father gets his head out of his ass and realizes he has raised a wolf-tramp, the peace will stay without us having to mate because he will be too ashamed not to.  I will go to council if I have to.  Do not test me, Tamara.  You will not win."  I burst through the pack house and door and run down the steps, bones cracking and fur exploding from my skin as Jasper takes over. I swore I heard her say 'we will see about that' and I let out a small growl.
      Suddenly Jasper falls to the ground in a whimper and whine.  I feel my chest is on fire and my head about to explode.  Something feels like its about to snap.  "Mate!  Mate is hurt."
    "Ryan!!  Ryan!!  Something has happened to Levi!"
      "I know Damon, Scarlet's wolf is going crazy saying that Claire and Levi are hurt.  I'll get search parties together."
      One hour later and Ryan has 3 parties of 20 men and women ready to search for Levi.  Jasper is still whimpering, but I am back in my human form. "I know buddy, we will find her and bring her back." 
      "She is ours, I won't let your send her away again.  Take back the rejection."
      "I will, just as soon as she she is safe in my arms.  I promise I will never let her go.  I am so sorry Jasper."
      "Just make it right.  Be sorry by making it right." Jasper retreats to the back of my mind with his ears back and his head low and his heart broken.  I feel the same.
      "My mate, Levi Heart, is out there and she is hurt.  I need you to find her.  There is only one problem, she is not on pack land, she has crossed over.  I have received permission from the Alpha's to check their land for her.  Be careful of rogues, they have been spotted at a couple of the neighbouring pack's borders.  Keep your links open and report anything you think might be a clue to your group leaders. Please, be safe, but bring back my mate, your future Luna."
      I hear a voice in the back, "So you are not going to mate with Tamara?"
      "No, no I am not.  I have called off the union to the disappointment of my father, but I only want my true mate.  My Goddess given mate."
      There is round of cheers which tells me how much the pack did not like Tamara.  I am making the right choice.  I smile forms on my face at the thought of Levi being my Luna, being the pack's Luna, her tummy swollen with my pups, our pups running around and playing.  A clearing of a throat brings me back to my reality.  I nod my head and everyone breaks into the wolves and go to their pre-planned route.  I break into my wolf and run out the front gate, with my group following.
      I run along the same path as I took earlier, knowing she was here.  It has become very faint but Jasper is an amazing tracker.  I can hear a few wolves from other groups relaying findings but nothing is hers or is a lead in general.  I am proud of my pack for working so hard to find Levi.  My chest is puffed a bit more than usually and my head held higher.  Suddenly, a scent, something I've smelled too many times to not know what it is.  It's mixed with gardenia and toffee..Levi's smell..No, it can't be.  Please Moon Goddess, don't let it be true.  That other smell.  Blood.