14

My eyes got wide at the realization that I didn't finish the acceptance of Damon's rejection.  Meaning we are still bonded as mates, even though we did not mark or mate each other.  The mate bond still connects you, still makes you feel something that the other feels, especially when they sleep with someone else.  It's like having your soul ripped out and thrown into a blender for how ever long it takes for the two to finish their business.  It can last all night due to wolves being extremely sexual and having extreme stamina. 
    "Your auntie stopped you.  If you had finished, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.  We would be with the Moon Goddess, at least I would be and you would be slowly dying."
    "SHIT!  You're right.  What do I do now?  When he is with Tamara, I will feel it.  When he marks her, he will kill me.  You know if he marks her, he will literally kill me?  What am I going to do, Claire?"
    "Ok, first, you're going to calm down, Levi.  He is not going to mark her, his wolf won't let him.  Jasper doesn't want her or her wolf.  He says there's something going on but he can't tell us.  He says we have to contact the pack and let them know we are ok and then we have to go back.  There is something we need to stop and only we can do it."
    "No, I'm sorry Claire.  I can't go back and watch Damon and Tamara all loving and sweet knowing that he is my mate, or supposed to be my mate.  He hates me so he do anything to hurt me."
    Claire simply sighs and retreats to the back of my mind.  I know she thinks I am being immature with all this and maybe I am,but I am still hurting.  I need time to heal both my heart and my body.
    I feel someone softly hold my hand and a familiar smell hits me.  Poppa.  I open my eyes realizing I must have fell back asleep.  The corners of my mouth curl up at the memory of just a few hours ago.  My poppa is alive and although my heart hurts for losing my gramma, he found love with Janice and she is so nice.  I feel love for her as a gramma already.  I think my gramma is allowing me to feel this so I don't feel guilty.
    "Poppa.  Are you ok?"
    "Oh yes, my angel.  More than ok.  I brought your something to eat but you were sleeping so peaceful.  I'm sorry for waking you, but your gramma told me to hold your hand to reassure myself it was all real.  I've dreamt of finding you for so long.  And now you are here.  But, you know you can't stay here,my angel.  I want you to, Goddess knows I want to keep my grand baby girl here forever with me, but people are looking for you.  They are worried."
    "What do you mean?  No one is looking for me poppa.  My mate rejected me and he knew if I accepted, that he would kill my wolf and me.  No, no one is looking for me."  I can't even cry anymore for the life I had.  I miss my friends and my auntie and uncle, but I can't possibly watch as Damon accepts Tamara as his mate and completes the mating ceremony and marks and mates her. 
    "People are calling looking for you.  They have called here.  Your mate's Alpha called.  They are going crazy."
    "So did the Alpha say I was here?"
    "No, it's not our fight to get in the middle of, my angel.  You need to do the right thing though.  You have people who love you at Black Moon and their hearts are broken thinking you are gone. Your mate is losing his mind.  He's so full of regret.  He was with the group that found you car.  His wolf is angry.  You need to call them and tell them you are ok.  You don't have to say where you are, but you need to calm them down."
    "Ok poppa,  I will call them.  Can I eat and shower first?"  My stomach chose that particular time to growl it's answer that I am starving.
    My poppa chuckles and tells me to eat and he will send some clothes up for me.  I guess I need to do the right thing, but I wanted to make Damon suffer but at the same time, I couldn't hurt the people I love.  I will call my auntie and uncle and they can tell everyone I am ok.
    With my mind made up, I lifted the lid of the place and instantly starting salivating.  Roasted turkey with creamy mashed potatoes and gravy with stuffing, cranberries, green beans and a buns with garlic butter on it.  A can of root beer (my favourite so I know this was my poppa's doing) and a bottle of water and a piece of chocolate cake and strawberries with whipped cream icing as I don't like regular icing.
    As I came out of the shower after making a complete pig of myself, trust me it was not pretty, I sat on the bed and placed my hands on my lap.  I didn't know what to say when I made my phone call.  Now that what I had done had time to sink in, I felt kind of embarrassed for how I acted.  I'm the daughter of an alpha, I don't run.  I fight.  Taking in a deep breath and slowly let it out, I got up off the bed and step outside the bedroom for the first time since I got here.  Time to show Damon that I can strong, I am worthy, I am fierce and I will be fine without him as my mate. 
    Claire whimpers in the back of my mind.  Nice, I'm trying to get up the confidence to make this phone and my wolf is being a pussy.
    "Hey..wrong species thank you very much." Claire growls at me.
    "Then start acting like the right one.  I need you to help me be strong during this call.  I need Damon to know I am fine without him."
    "Ok, but are we?  Are we fine without our mate?"
    I take a deep sigh and start to ask myself the same question.  I walk into an office in the clinic just off the pack house, "Poppa, can I make that phone call now?"