18

Levi POV

       After I hung up the phone, I allowed myself to let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding. A breath of courage I guess you could say. I know I had to make the call, but I didn't think I would have to hear from everyone, including my auntie and uncle and Scar. The hurt, worry, heartache and even a hint of anger and disappointment almost did me in. My chest hurt from my heart pounding so hard. My throat hurt from holding back not only sobs but so many things I wanted to say. Like "don't worry, I'll be back", because I didn't know if I'd be back. I told my auntie about Poppa, that's her father after all. She told me it was not a good time and she would talk to me later about it. That was weird, but who knows what kind of history they have. Talking to Scar made me want to hug her over the phone, her tears destroyed me. Dom, Jason and Ryan all told me how they were still in their pack positions, but in name only. Their friendships with Damon were hanging by a thread.
       Speaking of Damon, hearing his voice made my spine tingle and I could feel his baritone reach down to my core. My stomach had butterflies and my skin got goosebumps. Damn mate bond.
       I was, no scratch that, I AM shocked that he dissolved the future union of him and Tamara. I swore he loved her from how he talked about her. Maybe this was just a tactic to get me back to the pack. No way. I refuse to watch them all lovey dovey when he knows that if I accept his rejection, Claire and I both parish. Jerk. He almost had me convinced but there's no way he'd give up the Alpha title and he needs his Luna before he comes Alpha.
       The door to the Alpha's opens and in walks an extremely hot man. He's probably 6'4" of lean muscle, shoulder length black hair and mesmerizing green eyes. This man is simply put, gorgeous. Then he smiles and I swear I heard the Moon Goddess herself swoon. Nope__don't go there you traitor hormones but damn, talk about your save a human ride a werewolf.
       A deep clearing of a throat brings me back to reality and I see his smirk. Oh___one of those "I'm sexy and I know it" types. Turn off. I give him a scoff and turn my head away from him. "Hey, how's it going?  Name's Eric, I'm the Beta for Howling Moon. Alpha Mike wanted me to check on you. Said you were making a kinda sensitive phone call and Doc didn't want you upset. You all good here?  He slightly cocked his to the side and raised his eyebrows.
       "Yeah, I'm ok thanks." I nod my head and give him a small smile.
       "Yeah, ok then. I don't believe you, but I heard you've had a shit time lately, so I'm not about to push the issue. But hey, a few of us are gonna watch a movie later in the theatre room if you wanna come?  Not sure what it'll be as it's Becky's turn and depending on her mood for the day it could be a chick flick or it could be a chainsaw massacre.  That girl has more emotions in one day that I have sandwiches, and I looove sandwiches."
       I find myself giggling at what Eric said. It was nice to giggle. It was nice to genuinely smile. "Ok, I'm good with either. What time and__where is the theatre room?"
       "Oh shit. You mean you haven't been given a tour of the pack house?"
       "Ummmm__no. Bed ridden for a bit. Worrisome Poppa and gramma made sure I stayed put."
       Eric snapped his fingers and nodded his head quickly. "Right. Your car and our tree got quite intimate. Damn kid. I'm sorry about that. How ya feeling now?"
       I winced at the thought of my brand new car being all smashed up. It must have taken auntie and uncle forever to save up for it, and here goes me, smashing it into a tree in a day. "Ya. That's me. Proud moment". I feel a tear escape and run down my face. I quickly wipe it, hoping it was unseen but that wasn't my luck.
       "Hey, hey. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry. Shit kid, that was a jerk thing for me to say. I'm real sorry. But just so ya know, we got some real good kick ass mechanics who are working on seeing if they can fix it for ya."
       I looked up at Eric with wide eyes. "Are you serious!?  Oh Goddess. You have no idea how amazing that is." I could feel my smile overtake my face. I will still have something of my auntie and uncle.
       "No promises, but they will try. You gave that tree a real shit kicking and your car took wasn't looking much better. But ya never know." He shrugged his shoulders. "Anyways kid. How about that tour?  Wanna somewhat know where the hell you're going?  I told them to put "this way" arrows and "you are here" signs like malls and IKEA have, but nuthin' come of it. Oh well. It is what it is, eh?"
       "Eric, are you originally from this pack?  You talk different. And why do you call me kid?  I'm 18 you know."
       I hear Eric chuckle, "well, I beg your pardon me Miss I'm-18-and-all-grown-and-know-the-world-better-than-you, but I'm 24 and your senior, KID. As far as my accent, I ain't got one, but I'm from Canada. My pack was disbanded when our Alpha had an affair with a Moose and Polar Bear and we were shamed for it."
       "WHAT!!??"  This guy has got to be sniffing glue.
       "Nah, just joshin' ya, kid. But I am 24, my mate was killed by rogues last year and I am from Canada but we're moved here because the Alpha is my uncle. His Beta died from cancer and he asked my dad to step in. He's retired now as he's older than Alpha but didn't want the Alpha position. So we are Betas now. I like it. It's cool.  Not as cool as Canada though. It gets so cold, the trees shiver. I ain't shittin' ya. I gets friggin' cold enough to freeze your nads off."
       I can't help but laugh at Eric and his way of telling things. Just so sad about his mate. I hope he has a second chance mate out there.
       "Well c'mon now giggle juice, we got a tour ta do and then a movie to watch. Make sure you bring Kleenex and a blankie. You'll either be cryin' or dyin'. Damn women's hormones". He suddenly laughs heartily, "cryin' or dyin'. Did you see what I did there?  Ya, I know. It's a talent, don't be jealous, now."
       Ok, who is this guy and how is he a Beta?  I am laughing way too much at this guy.
       3 hours later, and yes, there was a Gulligan's Island reference made once or twice, I was still not sure where the kitchen actually was, or how many there were. 3 I believe. 50 bedrooms and each one on the 3rd (Beta, Gamma and their families floor) and 4th which had only 4 apartments for Howling Moon Alpha and visiting Alphas had their own washrooms plus there was a total of 45 washrooms besides. Nope__not ever being jealous who has to clean those.
       We finally make it to the theatre room and there about 10 others there. Some couples are cuddling already and others are chatting, getting snacks from the massive snack bar which has a theatre sized popcorn maker and it smells like heaven. There's cotton candy, chips, chocolate, pizza, hot dogs, fries, licorice, slush machine, coffee, cappuccino and fountain pop machine.  I turn around when I hear someone call Eric's name and I see a wall that is white. No tv as the projector shows the movie on the wall. Eric takes me over to the snacks and we grab a huge pail of extra butter popcorn, I grab licorice, Skittles and and a Hershey bar along with a large root beer. Eric came along with a tray full of one of everything. I just shook my head and laughed. Chances are he'd have this done before we did a mid break of the movie for potty break. Werewolves, especially males, have very high metabolism and eat a lot but it all goes to energy and muscle.
       Eric introduces me to those that are there and a girl named Emma hugs me and told me to sit beside her as her mate was on patrols. Everyone was super nice and welcoming. Eric is half done the Paul of popcorn already and then the door opens in walks in a she-wolf. She's very pretty and has a big smile. Emma nudges me and tells me it's probably a chick flick movie. This tells me the she-wolf is Becky.
       Becky goes up to front and smiles at everyone. "Hey guys. Sorry I'm late but I wanted to surprise you. So, who had bets on chick flick?"  A couple people get excited and high five each other, guessing they won the bet. "Well, you're wrong!!!"  Even more celebrating and high diving is happening around me, including Eric. Emma groans, "I hate horror movies" she whispers. Suddenly Becky laughs. "You're wrong too!!  No horror movie!!"  After a minute of huhs and people looking at each other shrugging shoulders, Becky finally says, "It's Senior Year!!!  Fooled all of you!!"  Everyone seemed ok with her choice and her laugh was so genuine I couldn't help but laugh as well.
       I think I'm going to like it here, but am I going to stay?  I guess time will tell.