6

It's Friday morning!!  You know that what that means?!  No, not just TGIF, but it's my 18th birthday and the day I can hopefully find my mate.  I stretch my arms to the ceiling and yawn creating a very unladylike sound from my mouth.  My yawn could wake the dead while my breath would kill them again-yikes.  That's the last time i go to bed right after half a pepperoni pizza with extra pepperoni.  Scarlett, Ryan, Dom and Jason all showed up last night surprising me for my last night of childhood and possibly singlehood.  They stayed until after midnight just to see if maybe Jason or Dom were my mate, but when nothing happened by 1 am, we called it a night knowing there was nothing there. 
  Dom, Ryan and Jason seemed to already know whereas Scarlet swore I was Jason's second chance mate.  Honestly, I was a little disappointed I wasn't.  I mean, Jason is hot but I don't love him or feel a pull towards him but I know he would make an incredible mate.  Somewhere is a very lucky she-wolf. 
  I brushed my teeth, twice, who knew too much pepperoni could make it feel a pup slept in your mouth all night - blah.  I hoped in the shower and after I got cleaned, dried and washed my mouth out with mouthwash because, you know, pepperoni burps, I did my hair and make up, but not much make up, just some blush, mascara and some soft pink lipgloss.  I then attacked my closet for the outfit Scarlet and I picked out for school.  It was a new pair of skinny jeans and a super cute wrap crop top and some killer ankle boots. 
  Scarlet's horn told me she was here early and by the time I made it down the stairs, she was already slurping on a coffee and having a conversation with my aunty.  Scarlet jumps off the stool and runs to me grabbing me into a huge, rib crushing bear hug only a bestie could do. "Happy eighteenth birthday bestie!" My aunty is laughing when my uncle comes around the corner, "Goddess child, it's too early for all that kind of happiness."
  My aunty laughs and hands a coffee to him and a kiss on the cheek, the same she does every morning.  My uncle places his arm around her, placing his hand on her waist, he pulls her to his side and places a kiss on her forehead, the same thing he does every morning as well.  "Happy birthday, sweetheart."  My uncle comes over and gives me a kiss on the cheek and a hug.  "You're aunt and I had no clue to what to give you, so we just kinds decided on a little something something."  He pulls out a little box and I smile and take it from him and look at him, then over to my aunty.  There's a certain twinkle in her eye that tells me this more than little.  I give them both a hug and kiss and thank them.  My uncle laughs and tells me that I don't even know what it is, I should check it out before I say thanks.
  "Uncle, I would love it if it was just a box, it came from you and you guys have done everything for me for so many years.  You saved me, you raised me, you became my everything when I lost everything."  By then we all had tears in our eyes, including Scarlet.
  My uncle sniffles and flicks his hand to hurry things along, "ok, ok,enough of this girlie stuff.  You gonna open that or what till next year?"  My aunty scoff and gently slaps him on the arm.  He chuckles at her and hugs her to his side.  "I'm sorry baby, but you know she means the world to me and raising her was not a duty or a job, it was a pleasure and an honour I could do for my brother."  He wipes tears away from his eyes and looks at me, "Sweetheart, we love you so much, we are so proud of you and the young she-wolf you've grown to be. You're parents may have been taken from you, but you were the best gift given to us by the Goddess and your parents.  You have become our daughter throughout the years."  I ran into his arms and hugged both of them.  We hear a sniffle to the side and I just open my arm and so does my uncle and Scarlet comes running in to join the hug making everyone laugh.
  After the hugging and more mushy words, I decide to open the box and find two sets of shiny, silver keys with a Lexus key chain on them and remote.  I couldn't help but stare in silence.
  "Holy shit" I hear Scarlet gasp and I look up to her and nod my head, "ya, holy shit Scar!" I all but scream.  I run to my aunty and uncle and hug them repeating how much I love them and thank you over and over again.
  My uncle tells me to get out of the house and go check out my car.  I sprint outside with Scarlet hot on my heals and there, in the drive way was a gorgeous, completely blacked out, I mean tinted windows, light covers and rims, Lexus RX 350 and it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.  The interior was light grey with red piping and the dash had red back lighting with changeable interior lights at the click of a button.  The stereo was hooked up so that if I wanted, the lights would dance to the music, but only when it was parked.