8

After arriving home and a lot and I mean a lot of pep talk, begging and even bribing from Scarlet, Ryan, and even Dom and Jason, I decide to go to my 18th celebration held at the pack house, where we are currently getting ready at since they allow the ones and their family to get ready here by giving us a couple spare rooms on the second floor, each with a full ensuite. 
  Since Damon will be there, no doubt with Tamara, Scarlet took me to the mall and bought me an outfit that would have the unmated wolves howling. It was a rich navy blue body hugging dress that came to my mid thigh and showed off my sculpted legs perfectly. It had silver (not real silver of course, that's kryptonite to werewolves) spaghetti straps, a low back and sweetheart  neckline plus it had a built in push up so the girls were ready to get their groove on as well. I had silver strappy heals and some white gold and diamond earrings with matching necklace and bracelet that I got from Scar.
  Scarlet did my hair in long, loose curls and left my hair down with some silver strands woven through it and sparkle hairspray to give it a cool finish. My make up was very natural with just some blush, eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss. Once done and I looked in the mirror, I couldn't believe it was me. I looked amazing. Scarlet had outdone herself. I hugged her and she immediately started getting herself ready.
  I decided to take some selfies but waited to post them until after I arrived. The arrival and reveal is all part of the excitement for a she-wolf's 18th birthday celebration.
  Once Scarlet is done getting ready, she is wearing a black body hugging dress that just comes a little higher than mine but has a slit on the right side and comes down into a deep V in the front.  It's Ryan's easy access as she calls it.  Oh boy, those two are worse than bunny rabbits. Anyway, once we are done, we head downstairs and my aunt and uncle are sitting the kitchen having a tea when we come in. 
  Uncle is dressed in a button up and tie with black slacks and my aunty is dressed in a beautiful emerald green dress that shows she still has killer curves.  And by the looks she's getting from my uncle, he notices and he likes very much.  Oh Goddess, please let my music be louder than them tonight. 
  Scarlet clears her throat and they look our direction.  Aunty almost drops her tea cup and uncle beams like a proud parent at grad.  My aunty comes up and hugs me tight, "Oh sweetie, you look amazing.  So beautiful". She steps back and holds my arms looking at me with a huge smile.  She then hugs Scarlet and tells her she looks gorgeous too.  Then uncle does the same thing but his hugs are tighter, suffocating almost.  I can feel him shaking, barely hanging on.  When he pulls back, his eyes are holding back the tears wanting to fall.  Scarlet threatens him with the wrath of the Goddess if he makes me cry and ruins her masterpiece.
  Suddenly my uncle and aunty's eyes blur a little, signalling they getting a mind link from another werewolf.  Then just as quick, it's gone and they both smile.  "It's time," Aunty says.  Scarlet hugs me and steps out the back door and I hear a growl followed by a giggle, which means that Ryan was waiting for her and is pleased with what he sees.  I laugh and shake my head. 
  Realizing that will get that experience tonight, my smile disappears and i try desperately to hide the tears that want to fall.  My aunty notices the change and rubs my arm with a look of concern.  "Is everything ok, Levi?"
  Not wanting to spoil the evening, I smile and nod, "Yes, just nervous I guess."
  My uncle comes up and hugs both of us, "Of course you are, sweetheart.  You are 18, you will get to meet your wolf tonight and go for your first run and you will meet your mate tonight.  That's a lot for one little girl."
  The mention of mate makes my heart break and my body cringe.  I know if I open my mouth to say anything, I will burst into tears, so I simply nod my head and smile.
  Happy Birthday music starts to play, signalling my time to shine.  My aunt and uncle each take an arm and one of the many Omegas we have, opens the back door.  I mouth a thank you and she smiles and tells me I look so pretty. 
  Coming outside, there is applause, Ohhh and awwws, whistles and a few cat calls followed by growls from Jason, Ryan,Dom, Scarlet and my uncle.  That stops them pretty quick.  I go up on the stage to stand beside the Alpha and, unfortunately, Damon is standing there too.  His eyes are huge and swirling between blue and black, telling me his wolf is fighting him.  I hear a faint and deep growl and the word "Mate", but when I look over, Damon is looking out to crowd and when I follow his eye site, I see Tamara smiling and blowing kisses to him.  Wait...is Tamara his mate?  Did I make a mistake?  Can my mate be still out there?  I start to get happy and a feeling of relief is lifting my spirits until I hear a voice in my head, "No, he is our mate, he is also an idiot."  To which I shake my head and hear another growl. 
  Looking over, Damon is giving me a deadly look then his eyes turn black and he has a look of love, lust and sorrow.  What?  In a second, it's gone and his scowl is back.  This guy is more moody than Scarlet during her monthly, and that's Jekyll and Hyde on steroids.
  I realize suddenly that the Alpha has been giving his speech, but it's the same one as every other 18th birthday celebration, so I know i didn't miss much. I look out and see Scarlet giving me a concerned look so I smile at her to reassure her that everything is fine and get smile and thumbs up in return.  Ryan kisses the top of her head and I feel my heart crack just a bit.  I want that so bad too. 
  I look over to Jason and Dom and they are smiling big at me, when Jason suddenly frowns and looks over at two younger wolves that must have said something about me Jason didn't like because he leans over and says something to one of them who's face turns pale and he nods so fast his head could have fallen off.  When his friend says something else, the one Jason talked to shakes his head and leans over to tell him something and in turn, his face goes just as pale and they are suddenly silent, looking straight ahead. I look at Jason, who simply puffs out his chest all proud.  I shake my head and give him a smile.  Then I hear my name.