23

Standing in front of my mirror, I wonder if I'm making the right choice.  The night we sat around the dining room table I and told my aunt and uncle about papa, grams and Janice and about my real name being Olivia and the meaning behind it.  Claire has been pretty quiet during all this and I think she is just as confused and reserved as I am right now.  I've let her take over a few times so she can run and she's told me that she feels so at peace here.  This is yet another reason I am still here and Black Moon.  Claire has been through so much with me and worked so hard to heal me, I owe this to her.

    My aunt called Howling Moon and talked to poppa for so long they decided it was best to meet in person and talk about anything they needed and everyone could meet Janice.  Eric came too and was not too happy about Becky being mated to Dom as Dom's reputation apparently travelled outside the pack as well.  I have to give Dom credit, he has stopped his sleeping around, an announcement had to be made as many of the females in the pack were not happy and were even threatening Becky.  Dom even asked for a couple to be banned from the pack.  So far, no one has bullied or attacked Becky since the two were banned and the announcement was made.  They marked and mated the day they found each other, not a big surprise for Dom though.  He's been craving his mate since he turned 16.  By the time Eric, the Alpha and Luna of Howling Moon and poppa and Janice left, a contract was made between Black Moon and Howling Moon, Eric and Dom were like brothers, Janice was adored by everyone and even shared her secret peanut butter cookies recipe with my aunt, they are so yummy and chewy, and the biggest one of all, I agreed to go on a date with Damon. 

    Damon did everything he could think of to get my attention everyday at school, at the pack house, at training, on the streets.  Even when I came back to school and some of the she-wolves were not so happy to see me, Damon stepped up and growled at them, told them to stop disrespecting their future Luna.  Most immediately bowed their heads and offered their apologies, but there was still the Tamara fan club, or ass kissers as I like to call them.  The ones that would follow Tamara the ends of the earth and she would watch them sacrifice themselves for her like little sheep and she being the big, bad wolf. 

    One night, he came to my room and asked me to come downstairs to the living room.  Of course, I was still playing hard to get and thought he hadn't worked hard enough for my forgiveness, so I said no and went to close the door.  He put his foot in the doorway and when I looked up at his face, it was half lit up from my bedroom lights and half not.  There was something so inhumanly sexy about that, that I found myself gasping.  He smirked and raised his one eyebrow.  He told me he wasn't above getting on his knees in the hallway and begging me.  I told him that I would come down, just please don't do that. He chuckled and pushed my door open. 

    He took my hand in his and the sparks flew through my body, making my nipples hard, my down under soaked and my legs wobbly.  Damon looked at me and I noticed his nostrils flare and his eyes turned black.  He smelled my arousal and his wolf was very happy about that.  Damon's grip on my hand became a little tighter and he gave a soft growl in his chest.  This did nothing to help my situation and when I looked up, he had a crooked smile which emphasized his sexy dimple and he was looking directly at my hard as glass nipples.  When he licked his lips and lost all strength in my legs and he grabbed my waist and held me against him, my back to his front.  I could feel him poking me in the back and my face was so red, it was burning.  "I feel the same way, baby.  As you can tell."  He chuckled.

    When we got down the stairs, with Damon practically carrying me, there was a beautiful set up.  He had roses on the living room floor spelling, "Will you go out with me?"  I was in awe of the effort he went through.  When I turned around he was already looking down at me, smiling.  His gorgeous white teeth sparkled and his amazing green eyes glowed with anticipation.  I felt my cheeks heat up and I know he saw it because he chuckled deeply and rubbed my arms up and softly. "I'm crazy about you, Levi.  Please, let me show you just how much and go on a date with me.  Please?"

    This is why I am looking at myself in the mirror and reflecting on everything that has brought me to this point.  Even I have to take a deep, calming breath.  It's been a whirlwind of activity to say the least.  Emma and Becky helped me go shopping and I am currently wearing the red dress they picked out at Forever 21.  It's shorter than I usually prefer, coming to mid thigh and showing off my toned and tanned legs, it's got lace sleeves that are open from the shoulders down to the satin cuffs.  It's made of soft satin with cutouts of lace on the sides.  I have on strappy black heals with T strips on the top that have crystals around the toes and up the middle of the foot joining to the ankle strap.  My make up is soft and minimal consisting of mostly red lipstick, mascara on my long lashes making them even longer and some blush, although I am blushing enough I don't think I really need it.  My hair has soft beach curls and its down showing my length of it going to my bum.  I love my hair and love with people play with it, it's so calming.  A quick turn and I am ready to go.  We wolves don't wear perfume or body spray as it masks our natural scent and due to our strong smelling senses, it can be over powering for our mates and even ourselves.

    I walk downstairs with Emma, Becky and Scarlet and see Ryan, Justin, Dom and Damon talking.  Damon is dressed in a light green button down making his eyes even more mesmerizing and black slacks with black leather dress shoes.  His hair is combed and pulled back in a short pony with his shaved sides looking like he went to barber today.  He looks incredible and I stumble a little.  Scarlet grabs my arm to steady me and all us girls giggle.  "Damn straight sister.  Your man is looking fine". Scarlet says in my ear.  I hear a growl and know that it's Ryan.  We all start laughing except for Ryan.

    I come to the bottom stair and the girls all go to their mates, of course Ryan has to kiss Scarlet like she was his life source.  "Who's the fine looking man?"  He says in her ear, making her shiver and him chuckle, "That's what i thought.  But I will be reminding you and punishing you tonight my little vixen."  Scarlet loses all strength in her legs and Ryan chuckles deeply while holding her to his side tightly.

    Damon comes over to me and looks like he's about to sit down to a full course meal and he hasn't eaten in a week.  "Damn baby.  You look incredible.  I don't know what I want to do, take you out and have others looking at you the way I'm looking at you.  Or feeling the way I am feeling."  He shakes his head and takes a deep breath to calm himself and Jasper.  I can feel Claire is prancing around.  She's been waiting to be with Jasper and it was under encouragement that I agreed to this date in the first place.

    Damon takes my hand and leads me down the last step.  He has me do a spin and I all hear are whistles and the girls laughing.  "Who knew such a sexy wolf was under all those baggy clothes.  Damn Levi, you're gonna have them wagging their tongues."  Justin says, while holding Emma and giving her a squeeze to let her know he's teasing.  Damon gives him a frown and growl.  "Then I'll have to cut out those tongues."  He growls.  Justin puts his hands up in surrender.

    "You better be good to her tonight, Damon.  Alpha or not, this is my best friend, my sister by claim, and I will not hesitate to cut off your balls if you hurt her."  Scarlet tells him and raises her eyebrow in challenge to doubt she would do it. 

    Damon swallows and then chuckles, "Don't worry Scar, now that I have my mate in my arms again, I promise to always protect her and make her happy for the rest of my days."  Damon then leans over an kisses the top of my head.  "We better go baby.  I have reservations for us and then a surprise afterwards."

    He leads me out to his SUV and even helps me in the passenger side before running over to the driver's seat.  He smiles at me and I have to clench my thighs together to keep from giving myself away at how much he effects me.  unfortunately for me, he looks right at my thighs and I can sees his eyes change from green to black and back to green and his smile turns into something more of a big bad wolf ready to pounce.  I sees his nostrils flare and know he can smell my excitement and he lets out a low growl that does not help my situation at all.  I dig my nails into the arm of the door and the other hand into the side of my purse.  There is no way I am mating with Damon tonight.  I am not giving him something that is so sacred to me and is only going to be given once and to someone who deserving of it. 

    I clear my throat and get my witts about me again.  Damon looks at me and I raise an eye brow and try to act like I was not just driven into a sexual frenzy by him.  He clears his throat as well and it seems to clear his head of the naughty thoughts he was just having.  He moves about in the seat a little, I know he must be uncomfortable but I didn't put those thoughts in his head.  'Well you sure didn't help for making them go away either.  You better remember that he is our mate.  We will be giving him our precious gift soon. Jasper would love nothing more than to mate and mark right now, but it was Damon who told him no.  That you weren't ready and he would never hurt you by taking what is to be given.'  Claire scolds me.  She is mad crazy about Jasper and I know if we were to let our wolves run together, they would mate as soon as we blinked.  Horn dogs.    'Wolves.  Horn wolves honey.  And yes, we would.  But not until you and Damon are marked and mated.  I would never do that to you and I think Jasper realizes that it would be wrong too.  He loves both of us as well and will always protect us.  You think this is bad, wait until we are pregnant with his pups.  Then you'll see crazy protective.'  Claire laughs. I giggle and realize it wasn't in my head as Damon looks at me.

    "Sorry, just something Claire said."

    "Oh care to share?"

    I blush and wonder if I should tell him.  "Hey, it's ok. You don't have to.  Don't worry, but I must say, you're awfully cute when you blush."  He smiles and I decide that honesty is always best.  Maybe it will tell me if there is any hope with us.  Will he be happy about the prospect of us having pups and will he pull over and dump me on the side of the road.

    "Well..umm..Claire had mentioned about you and Jasper being so protective of us and loving us.  She then made a comment about if I thought you and Jasper were protective now, wait until I am pregnant with our pups."

    Damon had chose this moment to take a drink from his bottle of water.  When I mentioned me being pregnant with our pups he sprayed the entire windshield, dash and steering wheel with water.  I gasped and he looked at me with a scowl.  Oh boy, I messed up.  The SUV pulls over to the side and I guess it's option number two.  He stops the SUV and I hear him curse.  I know I have to get out of there quick before I hear things I don't think my heart can take. 

    With tears welling up on in my eyes, I grab my purse and open the passenger door.  Damon is opening the driver's side and the back driver's door to grab something to clean the water.  He doesn't realize I have left the vehicle as I didn't push the door hard enough to close it and dinging of the door open alarm cover the sound of my feet running into the forest. 

    I've taken my shoes off so I can run easier and faster.  By now the tears are running freely down my cheeks and I am running through trees.  Not really knowing where I am going, just that I know I have to get away from Damon.  Claire is begging me to go back, that I misunderstood, but last time I went back, I caught him and Tamara together and he rejected me.  I block Claire's constant begging and just keep running. 

    I make it to a large tree and slump against it with my back against the tree.  I look up at the sky and sob openly.  "Why?  Why Moon Goddess?  What have I ever done that was so bad?  Why do you take everything I care about away from me?  My parents, my pack, my gram, my best friend and now my mate.  How much more can I actually endure?"  I slide down the tree, feeling the bark digging into me but not caring.  I bring my knees up and lay my forehead on them and cry, wrapping my arms around myself.

    I hear footsteps and thinking it was Damon, I get up to keep running but I run into a wall.  A wall of muscle.  Hearing the deep chuckle, I know it's not Damon.  I look up and my eyes go wide.  I take gasp and take a step back, "Mike?  What the fuck are you doing here?"  Then everything goes black.