30

Levi's POV

    Damon is holding the lighter and standing in front of me.  I hear him tell me he is so sorry, but I don't believe him.  I will never believe another word he says.  If I survive this, that is.

    Tamara leaves the cabin and Damon and I both hear her yell NOOOOOOO!  Damon smiles and closes the lighter, stopping the flame.  "I knew they would get here in time."

    He then starts to untie me and he explains everything to me.  He's telling me how sorry he was and that he would never let the lighter go, he would kill Tamara before doing anything to hurt me.

    "I just got word that the wolf council,my dad, her dad, your uncle, the Alpha of Howling Moon and your papa is here along with some warriors.  They've got Tamara under arrest.  I am so sorry, my love.  I had it go along with her plan so she would lead me to you.  Scarlet and the guys lost your scent at the tree, I needed to get to you and she was my only way.  I would never accept her as my mate or Luna.  You are my only mate and Luna.  I love you, Levi, I love you so much."  He leans forward and kisses me so tenderly and I allow him passage of my lips. 

    He leans back with a smirk and we hear some commotion outside.  "Damon, you can kiss me all you want once this is done, but you have to untie me first.  We have to get me out of here."  Damon nods and he starts to untie me, but in my struggle to get out, I've tightened the knots. 

    Damon is struggling with the knots when Tamara comes back in.  Her hands have blood on them, my Goddess, what has she done?  Has she killed them?  She starts screaming at Damon and he turns towards her.  I keep struggling with the knots and since he was able to get one hand lose, I use it to help untie the other one. 

    I'm undoing my right ankle when I hear Damon grunt.  I look up and see him holding his stomach as blood is pouring over his hands.  Tamara's hand had transformed her nails into claws that are dripping with blood, Damon's blood.  She then pushes Damon out the cabin door and locks it.  I reach down and keep trying to untie my ankle.   I get my right ankle undone and go to reach over to my left when I hear a scraping sounds and look up just in time to see a vase coming towards me, then it's al black.

    I wake up and I'm not in the gas smelling old cabin.  I am surrounded by flowers, the sky is blue, the air is clean and the birds are chirping.  I sit up and I see I am in a wide open meadow, full of flowers, just like Claire had described.  Oh sweet Goddess, am I dead?

    "No child, you are not dead.  But I do appreciate the kind name". A soft voice tells me.  I stand up and turn around.  A woman, who is absolutely stunning is standing there.  She has a light blue dress on that is flowing all around her, her pure white hair is sparkling like there's diamonds woven in it and it's softly flowing behind her.  She has the most intense blue eyes, eyes the same as my wolf.  Her smile calms me instantly.  There even seems to an aura around her, one of pure and innocent light, full of love and understanding and kindness. 

    Then it comes to me, "Wait.  Moon Goddess?  Is that you?"  My eyes go wide and I start to look around, "but if I'm not dead, then how am I here?"  I look back at her and see her smile at me.

    "Because, you have been through so much, your heart has been broke so many times and when you thought your true love broke yours again, you stayed strong.  You were willing to be sacrificed even though you knew in your heart, your mate did not want to hurt you, but that your sacrifice would save someone."

    I look at her strangely, "huh?  I didn't know that!  What?  Who was in trouble besides me?"

    "I want you to think about it, dig deep into your mind, you will see it."  Moon Goddess tells me. 

    I think, I open my mind and see Claire, she is telling me about Mike's mate, how Kane told her about MaryAnn.  How Tamara would do unimaginable things to her if she didn't succeed in killing me.  When did this happen?  I don't even remember this being told to me. "But Moon Goddess, I don't remember this.  How can I not remember this?"

    "But you do child.  Our self conscious as humans is about self preservation, but as wolves, we about saving others.  The human side of us can be selfish, it's a 'me first' complex I call it.  Our wolf side is all bout keeping our race going, no matter what.  Claire made the choice when she could feel your human side pleading to Damon not to do this.  It was Claire who stepped forward.  You were too scared, and there is no blame in that.  It was a very hard choice for Claire to make."  The Moon Goddess explains to me.

    "It's a choice that had to be made.  I am sorry Olivia."

    That voice is coming from behind that Moon Goddess, but it's the voice of Claire.  "Claire?  Where are you?"

    A huge, pure white wolf comes out from behind the Moon Goddess and sits down beside her.  Moon Goddess then proceeds to run her fingers through Claire's soft fur while Claire purrs and leans in.  "Don't be angry at Claire, Olivia.  She was doing what she was destined to do.  Save a life.  I thought it was yours, but unfortunately, I do not control Fate, that's my cousin.  She deals more with the human side where I deal with the wolf side of things.  I hope you understand?"

    I am still enthralled with how beautiful Claire is and I simply nod my head.  Moon Goddess chuckles and taps Claire on the top of the head.  Claire walks over to me and rubs against me.  I can't help but run my fingers through her fur and I am amazed at how soft her fur is.  "Claire, you are truly amazing and gorgeous."  A tears escapes down my cheek and she softly licks it with her tongue.

    "Don't be sad Olivia, I know you would have made the same choice as a human if you weren't taken by so much fear."

    I reach over and hug Claire,  I hear her purring in my ear.  "I love you, Claire."  She nuzzles me with her nose, "I love you too, Olivia."

    "Why are you calling me Olivia?  You always called me Levi before?"

    Claire turns her head to me and her blue eyes look into my soul, "because you are very special in your own means.  Your papa told you that Olivia means Ancestor's Descendant, right?"  I nod my head in agreement, "well, your parents were no ordinary Alpha's.  They were descendants of Selene and Tyrene.  Selene, being the goddess of werewolves, and Tyrene, being the goddess of Fate and the human side.  Your mom was from Selene as her parent mom and her ancestors were a direct descendant of Selene and your dad was obviously from Tyrene.  So you see, Olivia, you are very special."

    Just how special am I exactly?  Does this mean I have super powers?  I look down at my hands.  Then I hear chuckling and look up to see both Selene and Claire laughing.  "No child, not super powers, so to speak, but you are very powerful.  You can change the fate of both your human side and your wolf side.  You can influence the elements around you to bend at your will.  But I must warn you, this can only be used in situations that will effect you, your mate, your pups and your pack.  You cannot be manipulated into doing such things as it must come from your own free will.  Your desires and your heart will make these things happen."

    "So does that mean that I can change what happened at the cabin?"  I ask, hopeful of the answer.

    "Yes, But only after the fire has started.  Unfortunately, too much time has passed to change anything else.  That is another factor of your powers, they must be utilized at the time of the event.  Anything after or before will not work.  Simply because what is passed, shall stay in the past and what is to come is yet to be seen.  Do you understand, child?"  Selene looks at me.

    "Yes, if something has happened and I want to change it later, I cannot.  Same as if something is to come but I really don't know the outcome, I have to let it happen.  If it puts anyone close to me, or that I love, in danger, then I can do something, but it has to be at the time.  But are there consequences of altering fate?"

    Claire sits in front of me and nods her head, "Yes, I am happy you asked.  Each time you change fate, you risk losing time as a human.  Meaning, the more you use your powers, the less time you may have.  Unless Tyrene decides to extend your life line.  Just remember, to only use it when absolutely necessary.  It's a very precious gift.  And try to keep this as a secret amongst your pack.  It could put you in danger if it is known."

    "Wait..is this why my parents were killed?  Why the pack was destroyed?"

    Selene looks sad and nods her head.  I now understand the grave seriousness of being quiet about my powers.  Speaking of my powers, I look up wide eyed, "Is it too late to change the fire in cabin?  Can I stop it from happening?"

    "No, but we can change the outcome.  When we came here, time stands still down there.  So the fire is happening, but time has progressed.  We still have time to save us."  Claire says.

    "Us?"  Claire nods and smiles, then walks over to Selene and she gives Claire a hug.  "Take care of her, Claire.  You both, together, are a very special pair.  You can do so much good."  Claire rubs her head on Selene's side and Selene looks over at me, "Good-bye Olivia, I mean Levi.  You are a beautiful human, both inside and out.  I knew I gave Claire to the right human."

    With that, Selene disappears.  I look over at Claire, "so, umm..how do we get out of here and back there?" 

    Claire chuckles, "easy, ready Levi?" 

    I look at Claire like she's completely lost her mind.  Then she gets down like she's about to pounce on me, her eyes become electric blue, glowing.  "Whoa, Claire.  What's going on?"  Before I can blink, she's running towards me and jumps at me, "OH MY GODDESS!  CLAIRE! WHAT ARE YOU.."