24

I wake up with a headache and go to rub my head but I can't move my arms.  I look around and realize I'm in some cabin.  I look down at myself and see I'm tied to a chair by my ankles and hands behind the chair.  I struggle and can't get lose, that's when I feel the burn.  There's silver woven in the ropes.  Not enough to do too much damage or leave a scar but enough to burn to let me know it's there.

    The door suddenly crashes open and Mike Thorn walks in all cocky with an evil grin.  "Ahh, someone is finally awake.  Sorry about the accommodations, but the Ritz has a no kidnapping and tying up rule now.  Who knew,right!?"  He raises his hands palm up and his shoulders as well.

    "Mike.  Why are you doing this?  Just let me go and I promise I'll leave and never tell anyone.  You'll never see me again.  Please Mike."  I beg him with tears threatening to fall.  I have to show him I am weak and maybe he will agree.  Once he unties me though, I'll let Claire take over and make him wish he never saw me in the forest.

    "Wish I could sweet cheeks, but then what kind of a step-brother would I be, huh?  I can't let you go and have you go to Damon and ruin everything.  Oh no, that just won't work." 

    He comes and stands in front of me and bends at the waste putting his hands on his knees and looks me straight in the eyes.  "My step-sister will be Luna of Black Moon, and you will be, well, as you said, you will disappear and never tell anyone.  You know why you won't tell anyone, Levi?  Because dead wolves can't howl.  Get it?  Huh?  Pretty clever, don't ya think, sweet cheeks?"

    He pinches my cheek and gets up laughing hysterically.  Step-sister?  Who is his step-sister?  Then it dawns on me.  Tamara.  That's right, Alpha Ralph's Luna was his second chance mate.  How could I forget that?  But I don't remember there being a child in the union?  Tamara was already born from his first mate, so how is Mike her step-brother?

    "I see from the look on your face, you're trying to put 2 and 2 together.  Let me help you out there.  My mom is Ralph's second chance mate, but he is not my mom's second chance mate.  My mom got drunk and slept with a rogue from the bar and surprise, I was conceived.  I know, I know, mates are supposed to be able to produce pups.  But guess what?  My mom was so desperate to be a Luna that she asked a witch to create a potion that would help her to get pregnant with any Alpha.  Well, it would so happen that the tonic actually was for any wolf, not just Alpha.  My idiot of a mother went a young and greedy witch who wanted the money my mother offered and the witch screwed up the tonic and instead of getting with an Alpha, she got with a rogue.  The tonic not only changed who she could get pregnant with, it also put her wolf to sleep, so she got drunk pretty quickly.  When she woke up, she realized what she had done but it was too late,she was already pregnant with me."

    By now, Mike is so aggravated over what his mother did, he is pacing back and forth in front of me and not even looking at me.  I keep trying to loosen the ropes, but the silver is starting to really burn and hurt and I can feel warmth running down my hand, so I know I've moved enough to cause myself to break skin and start bleeding.  But the liquid might actually help to lubricate the rope and coat the silver from burning so bad.

    Mike is still packing and talking, his voice getting louder and louder the more he tells me his story.  "She then decided to pass the pup, that's me,". He stops and looks at me and points to himself, "off as an Alpha's pup.  She struts around the pack demanding to be waited on.  The Alpha of the pack was at the bar and his drink was spiked by my mother, but she never even made over to him as another woman was all over him.  He knew he had slept with someone that night and she was so convincing that he believed her.  His father would not allow her to be claimed as Luna until I was born as proof I was truly his son's child.  I think the father knew, to tell you the truth.  Well, 5 months later, I came into this pathetic world and guess what?"  He turns looks at me with a grin, wide eyes and arms outstretched to the side, "I was no child of an Alpha. I know, SHOCKER!!!  The Moon Goddess had played a nasty trick on us and I looked like the rogue who was better known as the former Gamma of that pack who was exiled for beating Omegas and almost beating one girl to death.  Talk about your dumb luck."

    I can't help but shake my head.  How did his mother think she would get away with it once Mike was born?  The Moon Goddess is full of wonderful miracles, but even that is asking a bit much.

    "So, my mother and I are banned from the pack.  I can understand kicking my bitch of a mother out, but what did I do?  Why kick me out when I didn't ask to be here, to be born, conceived on some screwed up plan by two horny wolves who were too stupid to realize something wasn't right?  Do you know what she did?"  Mike grabs a chair and places it in front of me and sits down and places his hands on his lap.  "She took me to the witch that made the tonic and told her to change me.  Make me have Alpha genes.  The witch just laughed at her.  I mean, what else would you expect?  Good Goddess.  I am sure glad I got my dad's brains because mom's obviously got so drunk that night and they never came back.  So anyways, back to the pathetic also known as my life, the witch told her to leave and never come back.  She even put some spell on my mom so she can never remember how to get back there or some crazy ass shit like that, but that doesn't matter.  My mom,  "Mike laughs a little and shakes his index finger, 'My mom leaves me at the edge of a pack land, Alpha Ralph's pack land.  Tamara had already been born and the Luna died during child birth, so Alpha Ralph was extremely vulnerable and my opportunist mother knew this.  Of course, I was rescued by patrols and brought to the pack house.  A few days later, my mother shows up, beaten up and claiming to have had her son kidnapped from her by rogues and was held hostage.  They believed her and brought her to the pack house.  Guess fate had plans already because it turned out that she was Alpha Ralph's second chance mate.  Of course, on one of her stupid adventures, she ran into a group of rogues who didn't take no for answer.  Her body was dropped like a bag of trash at the border.  If it wasn't for the mark Alpha Ralph gave her, we wouldn't have known it was her.  She smelled like rogue, sex and blood.  When the agreement of the union came to be, I was sent to your pack to keep an eye on Damon and make sure he didn't find his mate and that he wasn't screwing around."  Mike scoffs, "Like I'm gonna stop a wolf from getting some.  Nah, hell, that's just plain old cruel."

    Mike looks over at me and gives a half grin.  Mike is actually a very good looking man.  He's tall, about 6'2" and lean muscles.  He's got hazel eyes and blonde hair that goes to his shoulders, and his jaw is chiselled so much, you would think he was created in a workshop.  If only his heart and mind weren't so corrupt, he would make a she-wolf very happy as a mate.

    "Don't worry sweet cheeks, I'm not a sick person.  I would never take a she-wolf by force.  The only reason why I'm helping my step-sister is because she said once she's Luna, she'll make me Beta.  I know I'm not Alpha material, but I could make one hell of a Beta.  I just want what I think I'm due.  My mother used to look at me with disgust and she would beat me if I ever stepped out of line.  She would tell me how it was just dumb luck that we are here and that she hated that I wasn't from an Alpha.  How I was useless, that even my rogue father was ashamed of me and didn't love me.  That I was totally unlovable.  Do you know what that does to a kid?  I was 3 when she started saying things like that.  Tamara was the only one who loved me.  She would hug me when I cried, she would fix me when my mother would whip me, she would come into my room when I would wake up screaming from a night mare.  I owe her this.  Sorry Levi, I really have nothing against you, you're a good person.  Unfortunately, I am not."

    With that, he leaves the cabin and slams the door.  I hear locks and chains, probably silver in case someone finds me.  I don't know if I'm still on Black Moon territory.  I start trying to communicate with Claire but I think they've injected me with wolfsbane to put Claire to sleep.  I wish I could see Damon now, I wish he would come and save me.  But what if this is his doing?  What if the date was just a set up to get me away from everyone and then he will meet up with Tamara and leave me here to die while he makes her his Luna.  Oh Goddess.  That has to be it.  That has to be how Mike found me so easily.  This was all a set up.  Fuckers. 

    I struggle even harder to get out of the ropes.  My anger fuelling my determination to get out.  I finally decide there's only one way I'm going to get out.  I take 3 deep breaths, place my left thumb into my right and and squeeze. "1..2..3..ahhh".

    I pull quickly on my thumb.  There's a light pop and crunch sound and the pain runs shooting up my left arm and I let out a yelp.  I quickly bite my lip to shut myself up.  I can taste the telling taste of copper and know I bit through my lip.  Shit that hurts.  I check the windows and listen to the door to make sure Mike didn't hear me yelp.  When I'm sure there's no movement, I gently yet quickly pull my left hand through the ropes and then my right.  I reach down with my right hand and undo the ropes around my ankles and hold my left hand to my chest and run for the door.  I try the door but of course it doesn't budge.  I decide against the big window beside the door as that would be noisy and too hard to break with only one hand and no wolf to heal me if I get cut real bad.

    I run into the bathroom and there's a smaller window by the bathtub.  Perfect.  I grab the plunger and stand on the rubber part and unscrew the wooden handle.  I run back into the kitchen and find a hunting knife, gonna have to keep this on me after.  I run back into the bathroom and start tapping the corner of the window to find the weak spot causing the window to shatter.  I finally find it and it cracks only a little, so I hit it hard with the knife and it spiders.  Perfect.  I take the handle of the plunger and hit the center of the window as hard as I can.  It breaks and all the glass goes outside.  Since I've already cracked it it doesn't make that huge crashing sound.  It does make a sound but not as loud.  I use the handle and clean the glass around the edge so I don't cut myself.  I run back and find my purse but of course, no cell phone.  I put the knife in my purse and put it across me.

    Putting my hands on the window frame, I'm reminded that I have a broken thumb that needs to be put back in place and I missed some glass.  No time to dwell on it though, I have to get out of here.  If they aren't leaving me here to die, then they plan on killing me.  Damon, what an asshole for getting me to trust him.  Never again.  Never.  I pull myself up and hold in my scream of pain for both hands.  Just as I'm about to get out the window and find freedom to run away, far from here, I feel a hand on my leg.

    "Now where do you think you're going?  You can't leave now and miss out on all the fun." 

    It's a female, it's familiar.  Oh shit.  I'm pulled back in but she makes sure to drag my leg slowly over some glass and a piece of metal window pain sticking up.  I yelp in pain as my right leg is being slowly cut open.  When I'm back in I can't put weight on my leg and fall against the wall.  I look to the window, my chance of getting out of here, where my blood is currently making a trail down the wall towards the filthy bathtub. 

    I look over to the person who pulled me back.  She's smiling huge and then I look over and I see someone I didn't really want to believe would be here, with her.

    "Tamara?  Damon?"  Then it all goes black.