17

POV Damon

  2 weeks.  It's been 2 weeks since I've seen Levi, 2 week since we found her car smashed into a tree, 2 weeks since I smelled the blood of my mate covered in the car, 2 weeks since I came back from my search to find Alpha Ralph Jan's, Tamara's father, and two of his warriors holding Levi's aunt and uncle hostage and threatening to inject them with wolvesbane and kill their wolves, 2 weeks since I told them I was no longer interested in the union of Tamara and I since I had found my true mate and 2 weeks since, surprising, Alpha Ralph shook my hand and congratulated me and told me how sacred the true mate was and that he understood and that our peace was going to stay as he understood I was now going to be a good Alpha.  Tamara on the hand, threw a fit that would make a 2 year old embarrassed.  It took her father to command her into leaving.  Of course she did the whole "this isn't over Damon" and "you will regret this". Blah, blah, blah.
  "I don't know if I would be all blah blah blah, that she-wolf is crazy.  We need protect mate when we get her back.  I have a bad feeling."
  "I know Jasper, me too buddy, me too."
  As I'm walking down the hallway to my office, Dom comes running up to me, "the car, it's gone.  Someone came and took it."
  "What?  When?"
  "I don't know. The guards were both knocked out with something that hit them and when they came to, the car was gone.  The scent was lost in the rain.  I'm sorry Damon.  We don't where they took the car or even who took the car."
  "DAMN IT!!  Find it!!  I can't lose her again."  I was angry, frustrated, broken hearted, regretful and empty inside all at the same time.  I fell back against the wall and pinched to top of my nose to attempt to regain my composure.  Composure I was losing, quickly.  I could feel the tears in the back of my eyes wanting to escape and reveal my weakness.  Levi was my weakness, but I was an Alpha, and I had to stay strong for my pack, even if it was just as an appearance.
  Just as I taking a deep breath and could feel Dom's hand on my shoulder giving me added strength like a true friend knows to do, Jason came running down the same hallway.
  "Damon!  Damon!!"
  I don't even look up at him and just say with a sigh, "Yes Jason, I know.  The car is gone"
  "No, well yes, but it's the phone.  It's her!  It's Levi.  She's on the phone!  Hurry, I had the call transferred to your office.  I've already linked her aunt and uncle and Scarlet and Ryan"
  I don't think in the history of werewolves, has one moved as quickly as I did.  I don't remember running to my office but I obviously did and I don't remember opening my office door, which I later found out I did not. 
  I pick up the phone and instantly start calling her name, "Levi!  Levi!  Is that you?  Is it really you?"
  "Yes Alpha, it's really me."
  "Oh thank the Moon Goddess, are you ok?  Where are you?  I'll come get you.  I'm so sorry Levi, I'm so terribly sorry."
  "I am fine Alpha, I crashed my car after your rejection, but I am ok.  No, you won't come get me.  I won't come back.  I'm sorry Alpha—"
  I don't let her finish saying what she was going to say because I knew what it was going it to be, "I, soon to be Alpha Damon Jacobs of Black Moon pack, take back my rejection of you, Levi Heart of Black Moon pack."
  I hear a gasp on the other end and then silence.  "Levi, are you there?"  I ask in almost a whisper.  Terrified that she hung up on me.
  "Why?  Why would you do that?  You are going into a union with Tamara Jans."  She asks, I can hear the emotion in her voice.
  "No. No I'm not, Levi. I cancelled the union. I—I couldn't do it. I need you. I need you in my life, in my pack. You and only you are my mate. My true mate. My Luna, my—my love."  I can hear her breathing picking up so I know I'm either winning her or she's going to hang up. Either way, I'm taking my shot. "Levi—I love you. I always have. This stupid thing with the packs was the only reason why I quit talking to you. I had to or it would kill me when you found your mate and I joined a union with Tamara. Im sorry Levi. I wish I had done things differently, I wish —"
  "But you didn't. You even threw it in my face about you and Tamara. You rejected me for her. You never gave me a chance. If you had been honest about everything, we could have worked things out together and found a way to not have the union, but you didn't even give me, us, that chance. I need time where I am. I don't know when or if I'll be back, Damon."
  I hear people talking and then see people running into my office. Scarlet being the first one. She grabs the phone from me and I hear Scarlet break down crying saying how they were worried she was dead. Next is her aunt and uncle who both cry. Her aunt is suddenly whispering then her eyes go huge. I look at her confused and concerned. She tells Levi she loves her and is glad she's safe and hands the phone to Jason. Her aunt smiles and nods in thanks to me and she pulls Levi's uncle out the door. I'll have to ask her about their conversation later.
       Dom is the last person to talk to her and when I put the phone to my ear, it's a dial tone. She's hung up. I look up at everyone as I gently put the phone on my desk, as if it were fine bone China and could break with any wrong movement. The looks I'm getting give me shiver down my spine, and one thing for sure, Alpha's don't get shivers, we give them. I know I did wrong, I know I messed up, I know I have a lot of explaining to do and I know it's going to be a long night. But at this point, I will fight a thousand rogues everyday if it means brining my Levi back.