5

The afternoon goes by fast, which is a Moon Goddess blessing because I am going with Scarlet to get a new dress for my party tomorrow and something to wear to school in case I meet my mate in school.  Maybe it's Jason, he was so nice today at lunch.  I am so distracted that I don't realize I am walking straight into the path of hostility until I am met with a face full of muscle.
  "Goddess Levi, if you wanna touch me, you just have to ask," I recognize that voice as belonging to my nightmare.  Mike Thorn.  A pack warrior who has a perfect last name as he is an annoying thorn in my side.  He's been after me for 2 years to accept him as my chosen mate when I turn 18 and to reject my actual mate because his wolf has told him that we were meant to be but the Moon Goddess might not see it that way.  In other words, he has a very unhealthy crush on me.
  "Sorry Mike, was totally by accident."
  The look of disappointment and anger was not missed by me, so I decide to go around him after I take a couple steps back but he steps in front of me, stopping me in my tracks. He bends over so I can feel his breath on my neck and his lips barely touch my ears, "You know, you sure do have a chip on your shoulder, little wolf.  I wouldn't mind being the one who knocks it off you while I claim and fuck you from behind and mark that pretty little neck of yours.  Mark my words, Levi, you will be mine."  He stands up straight and the corners of lips curve up into what one can only call the most evil smirk I've ever seen.  He gives me a wink and tells me he'll see me at my party tomorrow and walks away.  His words leave me with a bad taste in my mouth and even my wolf shutters.
  Scarlet comes running up behind me followed by Ryan, both knowing about Mike and his obsession with me. "Hey, honey, are you ok?  What did that creep say to you? Did he hurt you?" 
  I turn around trying to keep my emotions at bay.  Ryan notices my face is pale and curses. "Levi, I'm gonna kill him.  What did he say to you?"  I tell them both what he said and Ryan is already trying his best to hold his wolf back.  "I'm gonna kill him.  He's off the warrior team.  It's against pack rules to say such words to someone who has a ma-". He looks like he's seen a ghost and stops talking.
  "No, don't do that.  It will only cause more trouble for me.  And what were you going to say about a mate?  I don't have a mate, at least not yet.  I'm hoping tomorrow though. You ready Scar?  Oh wait - do you and Ryan have plans?  I can go alone, it's ok."  I realize that Ryan Scarlet probably have plans for mating and claiming all night.
  They both laugh and tell me that they skipped last class because they couldn't wait and already claimed each other.  She lifts her hair to show me his mark and I see hers on Ryan's neck.  I squeal and hug them both. "I'm so happy for you two!"
  Scarlet smiles and even blushes and Ryan clears his throat.  We hear some giggling and see Damon coming towards us with a couple girls hanging on his arms.  I roll my eyes and turn to leave. "Hey, I really am happy for you both, but that's my cue to leave."  I don't understand why I feel so heartbroken over seeing him with girls, I mean he's not even my friend anymore so why should i care who he sleeps with or not.  And why do I suddenly extremely jealous over thinking of him being with another girl.  I shake it off to nerves of my birthday.  I feel a hand grab my arm and turn in automatic defence mode, but it's only Scarlet with a concerned look on her face.
  "Hey sunshine, you ok?"
  "Ya, I'm good, just want to stick around and watch wanna be Casanova throw his Alpha power around and the sluts drooling over him.  Goddess, he's such a, a, i don't know, he's such an arrogant Alpha whore, man whore, wolf whore."  I finally huff at the end of my rant.
  Scarlet laughs are me, "Girl, you've got it bad for Damon."
  "WHAT!?"
  "There's no way you would get that worked up if you didn't."
  I scoff at Scarlet, "Why are you here with me, shouldn't you be with Ryan?"
  "Him and the guys have something to do, it was already planned so I am going with you, miss soon to be 18, and we are gonna get you a banging outfit for Friday and even more banging outfit for Friday night."  I laugh at her and follow her to her Jeep.