33

It's been 3 days since the incident out at the cabin.  Since Levi left them again.  After the light dimmed and Damon went to grab her but found himself grabbing nothing but air, things were different.  Things went back to where the warriors took Tamara to the SUV, but they took the blade out of the SUV, not understanding why they felt they needed to do it.  Tamara was put in the chains right away.  Scarlet came from the back of an SUV with Emma and Becky , who all went to their mates and kissed and hugged them, relieved they were ok.

    "Where's Levi?  I thought you said she was ok?"  Scarlet looked at Ryan.

    "She was, Claire walked out of the cabin and turned into Levi around the corner.  She was here, right here.  Where did she go?"

    Ryan looked at Damon and hand his hands in front of him, like he was holding something, but nothing was there.  He let his hands go to his sides and shook his head.  "I don't know..she was just here.  I can still smell her scent, like she is standing right in front of me.  I don't get it." 

    Damon called her name and they all searched for Levi but when evening came, they knew something happened.  Alpha Terrance and Levi's papa decided that it was up to them to tell them the truth.

    Alpha Terrance called a meeting at the pack house for just those that were at the cabin and were effected by what Levi did.  Between Alpha Terrance and papa, Levi's ancestry was explained and her powers explained and how she got them.  They told everyone of how rare it was to have two people who can control fate and the elements to be mates as that resulted in a child who is extremely powerful.  So powerful that she must have her mate to help her with the powers.  He or she will absorb some of the powers once they mated and marked each other. 

    "Ok, but where is she?  She obviously changed what happened, so is Fate angry with her?"  Scarlet asked.  She was sitting on Ryan's lap, Ryan knew he would never let her go again.  Papa was the only one who knew what happened, the entire event and he relayed to them what happened and how Levi changed everyone's fate but after the light dimmed, she was gone.  He did not know where she went, but he had a hunch.  That Fate had called her and she was there right now.

    Levi's POV

    And papa was correct.  In a room, with pale green walls, soft white furniture, a gold desk and green chair with soft white lining, pictures of some of the worlds worst events, including 911, China during the beginning of COVID 19 and then there was a collage of pictures from all over the world of different countries during the world wide lock down.  On the other wall was pictures of people celebrating the ending of wars, some wedding pictures of people..I assumed that they fought great obstacles to get where they were "You're correct". Came a voice behind me, startling me.  A woman dressed in a beautiful light green pant suit with a sparkling white lace blouse underneath and white heels came in the office.  She stood in front of one wedding picture and pointed at the groom, "You would never know it by looking at the picture, but this couple was in a car accident caused by a drunk driver.  He lost his leg from the knee down and the bride lost a lung when the fence post went right through her side.  How she survived?  Who knows?  Well..actually, you do, so do I.  The accident was supposed to happen, I had planned it, but what I didn't plan was the drunk driver.  That was a what you humans call a 'twist of fate' .  This couple had a tendency to text and drive so I wanted to teach them a lesson and just end up crashing through the farmers fence, shake them up, but not harm them.  But when things happened, I was caught in a..well, another human term..rock and hard place.  Change things back before the accident and neither driver learns a lesson or let things happen but make sure no one perishes so they can both learn their lesson.  I obviously chose the latter.  Ya, I know, a little overkill, but if they got a few scratches and the drunk driver kept on going, who would end up killing someone's first?  So hey, two birds with one stone.  You know, you humans have a lot of cute little sayings. Oh, where are my manners.  Hi Olivia, or rather Levi if you prefer, I'm Tyrene, or rather Fate, but you can call me Ty for short, if you like.  It's a pleasure to meet you."

    The woman walks over to the other side, where to horrific pictures were.  She waves her hand around them, "They are ones I dare not discuss.  These are ones that I failed at stopping, people I could not save."

    I sit down on one of the chairs in front of the desk, "So why do you have them hanging in your office?"

    She chuckles, "My dear, I am here, I cannot see absolutely everything, but that doesn't mean I don't try.  And I need to be reminded that these failures, these incidents that I could not prevent, are what I am about.  I am Fate, I control what happens or doesn't happen, but even the most powerful of Gods and Goddesses has a limit of what she or he can do."

    I nod my head in understanding.  I guess even Gods and Goddesses have a human side that gets tired or just can't hold enough power for incidents as large as these.

    "Ok,enough talk about these,". She holds her arms up, indicating we are done talking about the pictures. "I bet you are wondering why you are here.  Well, let me start by saying you are not dead, so get that thought out of your head.  I am just merely borrowing you.  Oh, and great job down there.  You controlled that situation lovely.  And the dramatic entrance you made out of the cabin, girl, you gave me shivers.  I loved it."  She holds her hand up to high 5 me.  I don't give her a high 5, but raise an eye brow at her.  "Ok, not much of a participant.  You know, it's rude to leave a bitch hanging, or at least that's what you humans say."  I roll my eyes and sigh, "Oh!  Oh!!  Did you just roll your eyes at me?  Now I KNOW that is just plain rude!"

    "Ya, ok, ok, so I'm rude but you know what else is rude?  Kidnapping someone!"  I say back, my voice louder at the kidnapping part.

    "Yes, well, it was necessary.  I guess we should get to chatting.  So, the reason why I brought you here was not just to congratulate you or talk about pictures on my walls.  I brought you here because when you did your changing of Fate, you did it right after you had already messed with Fate and also the elements at the same time.  That takes an incredible amount of strength and power.  Remember what my cousin, Selene, said?  Every time you use it, you take time off your life?"

    I remember her saying that and I cringe.  I just lost time as a human not once, but twice.  I wonder how much time that just cost me?

    "10 years."

    I snap my head up and look at the source of the answer.  She must be able to ready my thoughts.

    "Yes, yes I can.  I can also feel what you're feeling.  Your heart is racing, your body temperature is rising, your hands are clammy and you have a thin line of perspiration along your hair line on your forehead.  Plus you are wondering how much time you actually have with Damon."  Fate smiles at me.

    "Don't worry, the reason I have brought you hear is to let you know I am giving you back those 10 years.  You would have perished if you had not done the first act and the second act was to save the people in your heart and people on council.  You did what is expected of you, so I cannot punish you for doing what is right.  Here, I have something for you."  Fate snaps her fingers and the door to her office opens.

    A small, plump, silver haired man walks in with a black, velvet box he's holding in both his tiny, chubby hands.  He has green eyes that sparkle with happiness and his smile is big and bright making his cheeks appear like little apples with their rosy glow.  He's wearing a dark blue suit, blue shirt underneath and a blue and white stripped tie and black leather loafers.  He stops in front of me and bows while holding the box out to me.

    I take the box and he turns and bows to Fate, then does the same to me.  Fate crooks her finger for him to come over to her, which he does, in a quick trot almost.  She grabs his face and plants a kiss on his forehead.  He instantly giggles and his rosy cheeks not the only place on his face that's red now.  His face is absolutely lit up so much, that Google would be able to find him.  "Thank you Bernard.  You may go now."  He quickly bows at each of us again and skips his way out of the room, giggling the entire time.  If I didn't know any better, I would think he was a great admirer of Fate.

    "You are correct.  But he has a wife, who is even cuter than him.  She is the sweetest little woman I have ever seen.  I simply adore them both." She smiles and a sparkle appears in her eyes.  She then shakes her head and clears her throat while straightening herself in her chair.  "Ok, now, back to business.  Open the box dear."

    When I hesitate, she waves her hand at me in a way of telling to hurry up.  I lift the lid and inside is a the most beautiful moon stone I've ever seen.  The stone is clear white with hints of blue inside the stone and there are 2 white gold bands woven on top and around the stone with tiny diamonds covering them.  The chain is white gold as well and is a thicker longer chain so I can wear it even when I shift into Claire.  I can hear Claire gasp and purr.  She loves the necklace just as much as I do.  "Fate, this is simply gorgeous.  I cannot accept something this beautiful."

    Fate stands from her chair and walks around her gold desk, running her hands along the intricate detail of ropes and leaves that are sculpted out of gold, coming to stand directly in front of me.  She takes the necklace out of the box, leaving me holding the box, so I close the lid and place it on my lap.

    Fate walks behind me and gently brushes my long blonde hair to the side.  I grab my hair and move it to the side and she places the necklace on me and clasps it.  It would fit over my head no problem, but there is no drama in that, now is there?  She walks around to the front and holds up the stone looking at it.  "I had it add especially for you.  Not only has Selene been watching you all these years, but so have I, since you were conceived actually.  I had to see if you were actually dual powered, then I had to protect you.  You are so special my dear, an indeed rare being.  So I made this for you, it will not only protect you from those who mean you harm, but if you need me, if a situation is too great or you are unsure, just think my name, I will come.  That stone is a direct connection to me, when you need.  There is also something else this stone does, and this is very important.  When you use your powers, it will help to heighten your powers but it will also replenish you life.  Meaning, you will not lose your life years when using your powers.  You nor Claire as you are connected.  I have something for you to give to Damon."

    She lifts up the box and lifts the bottom of it and there is another necklace, similar to mine but not as feminine. It has a thicker chain, heavier links and the moon stone has onyx stone chips on white gold strips making an "x" as a holder for the stone.  "Give this to Damon after you have mated and marked each other.  He will absorb some of your powers, so he will need this as well.  The two of you together will make a very powerful pair, but will great power, comes great enemies.  They will want your power, they will be blinded by their greed, some by sorrow thinking you can bring back their loved ones, others wanting your powers for darker, evil and mischievous reasons.  I will still be connected by the necklace that Damon will wear.  As long as you are wearing them, I can come.  But if they are not on you, they can even be in your pockets, I cannot find you, so please, do not let anyone have them.  Now, it's been about 20 minutes here, but 3 or 4 days down there."  I gasp, knowing that everyone will be wondering where she went, yet again.

    "Yes, well, I do believe you are all graduating today, so I cannot let you go back dressed as you are.  Let me see, oh yes..I have the perfect thing."  The door suddenly opens and the cutest, little woman comes in.  She is just like Bernard, this must be his wife.  Her white hair is up in a tight bun, she has sparkling blue eyes and chubby, pink cheeks, the cutest little button nose and a smile that make any cold soul warm.  "Levi, this Amy, Bernard's lovely wife.  She is going to get your ready for your graduation ceremony."  Fate looks over at Amy, "You know which gown I am thinking off, Amy?"

    Amy smiles and looks at me, "Oh yes Madam, and I must say, it will look exquisite on her.  She will definitely be the belle of the ball.  She's so beautiful already, this gown will being many to their knees with you in it, my dear." She gently takes my hand and leads me out.

    Before we get out the door, Fate calls to us, "I want to see her before she goes, Amy.  I think Selene would like to see her as well,  I will get her her."  Amy bows in acknowledgment and we walk out the door.