19

So after yesterday's tour, the comedy show thanks to Eric and the comedy movie of Becky's choice, I was exhausted and so full of sugar and carbs, I swore I would wake up with cotton candy mouth, literally, and gut rot.  I did have a sugar hang over though.  Ouch—talk about a massive headache.  Is this what a normal alcohol hangover is like?  Blah, not for me.  How do humans do it?  Pop a couple Tylenol and some water and call it good?  Ugh!  I need to brush my teeth 10 times then have a super hot shower.  Detox my body.  But I haven't had so much fun in my life and the amount we laughed was just what I needed.

  Just as I am coming out of my bathroom from brushing my teeth 6 times, the toothpaste started to burn so I figured I was good, and having a long hot shower, my bedroom door bursts open causing me to scream and jump across my bed to the other side.

  "Damn girl, that was some jumping skills, gazelle. Now, hurry up and get dressed.  We've got some shopping to do and I have the card to do the damage with."  Emma stood in my doorway dressed in black leggings, a white shirt with a butterfly on it and canvas sneakers and her make up and hair were flawless.

  "I have no money Em.  I left everything back at—the pack."  I feel my heart suddenly drop at the amount of weight it took to say this.  The pack—my former pack—-where I ran from—where my ex-mate was—my aunty and uncle and all my friends.  Although it was amazing to talk to them yesterday, it broke my heart at the same time.  They sounded so broken that I wasn't there anymore.  I had a dream last night that Damon was happy I was his mate, that he kissed me in front of everyone and told them that I was his mate.  I woke up just before it got to the bedroom, when he was kissing me and just as he was about to mark me, I woke up.

  "Huni, did I ask you if you had money?  This is my dad's card.  Trust me, we can buy the entire mall and not even make a dent."

  "Who's your dad?"

  "Silly girl, my dad is the Alpha.  My mom is the Luna."  She shakes her head at me, like I should know this.

  "WHAT!??  Holy shit girl.  Why didn't you tell me last night at the movie?"  I find myself in complete shock, but once I take a good look at her, I can definitely see the resemblance.  She's got her dad's eyes and her mom's blonde hair and looks.  Plus she does throw out Alpha energy. 

  "Well, I would like to think one Alpha daughter would know another Alpha daughter."  Emma smirks as she walks past me and goes into the closet that is practically empty save for a couple outfits the Luna put in there for me.  "Hey!!  I've been looking for this skirt.  Why is it in your closet?"

  "Oh, the Luna, err, I mean your mom, brought me some clothes.  I guess I now know where she got them from.  You can take it back, it's yours anyway."  I feel so silly for her finding her own clothes in my closet.  I know my embarrassment and shame are showing as I can feel my cheeks get warm.

  "Nah, you've got killer legs, girl.  This will have the guys on their knees for you.  Wait—how old are you?"  She turns and keeps looking at the clothes in the closet.

  "I just turned 18, I guess a couple weeks ago.  The day I crashed actually."  I find myself picking at my nails.  This is a new feeling for me.  Nervous—afraid of being judged—unsure of myself. 

  "What!?  You crashed on your birthday?  Shit girl.  Why?  Wait, did you get werewolf wasted?  Did you drink and drive?  Are you seriously that stupid?"  She throws the shirt in her hands onto the floor and walks up to me.  Forcing me to take a couple steps back.  Her Alpha aura is almost choking.

  "NO!!  I was sober.  I was—I was—upset.  Not in my right mind."  I shake my head thinking of how stupid I was to drive like that.

  Emma's aura relaxes immediately feeling my sorrow.  She walks over and places a hand on my arm in a friendly gesture.  "What happened?  Want to talk about it?"

  "I was rejected by my mate who is being forced into a union by his father to another she-wolf from a different pack."  I realize i have a lone tear falling when I feel is roll down my cheek.  I quickly wipe it away hopping Emma didn't see it, but I wasn't so lucky.

  I'm pulled into a soul crushing hug by Emma, "Oh huni, I'm so sorry.  Whoever did this to you is an utter fool.  You are gorgeous, sweet and kind and my wolf has told me that you are kick ass powerful."

  "Ya, about that.  No one in my pack except my auntie and uncle know I'm an Alpha's daughter.  And I guess my poppa here, but he said he will keep my secret.  Please, can you not tell anyone too?  Please?"

  "No worries, girl.  I got you.  But I have to tell you, my dad knows. He said he felt your power when you were sleeping and your wolf was healing you.  Maybe we can go for a run sometime and let our wolves become besties too."

  I grab the shirt Emma threw on the floor and a pair of jeans along with a pair of booties and get dressed.  "Besties?"

  "uhh—ya, you are my new bestie.  But don't worry, Becks is one of them too.  She's the one who picked the movie last night.  She's coming shopping with us too.  Her dad is the Beta."  We step out of my room together after I brush my hair and put it in a high pony tail.

  "Eric!!  But—but he's so young.  How is he Becky's father?"  I can't hide the shock showing on my face and I am certain my eyes can't possibly get any bigger.

  "Eric?  Ohhh, nah girl.  Eric is Beta in training.  His dad is still the official Beta.  Eric has just starting to become his normal self after he lost his mate and they moved here.  He's one of the best guys I've met.  They were hoping that maybe I was his second chance mate but once I turned 18 and there was nothing, we just decided to be good friends.  He's become like a big brother to me.  Whoever is his second chance mate will be one lucky she-wolf."

  "Ya, he seems really nice, and funny."

  "Ya, he calls it his Canadian humour, although some of the stuff he says, like "Git 'er dun" makes no sense to me but he laughs like it's the funniest thing he's ever heard.  Did he get you with his Alpha having an affair with a moose and a polar bear joke?"

  "oh ya, he caught me with it.  I thought he was serious."  I can feel my face heating up with embarrassment for falling for something like that.

  Emma must catch on to me being embarrassed as she gives me a light shove shoulder to shoulder, "Don't worry Levi, he says that same thing to everyone and each person has fallen for it.  Except for one of the warriors' mate.  She's Canadian and threatened to, and I quote, hog tie him like a calf just let out of the gates and in less than 8 seconds, if she heard him say that again.  Told him if he wants to see a redneck lose her shit, just keep it up.  Needless to say, he makes sure she isn't anywhere around when he says it."

  We both laugh so hard that we didn't hear Becky coming up to us.  "Hey guys.  What's so funny?"  She's wearing a soft pink sweatshirt with Love written across it in white and black skinny jeans and combat boots.

  "I was just telling her about Canadian Sheila threatening to hog tie Eric.  She fell for his Canadian joke."

  "Ugh, don't remind me of that moron.  He's my brother and I love him, but he can be such an ass.  He thinks he's so funny", she does the mocking voice and face and I can't help but giggle, "but really, he just sucks.  He'll be a good Beta though.  He can take down any rogue that comes at him.  But he's also a slut.  A male slut.  I'm surprised he didn't hit on you last night."

  "Well, we talked about mates and how he lost his and I was rejected by mine, so I'm sure that's whole mood killer."  I say with a small smile to which I receive knowing nods from both girls.

  "Ok then.  Enough of this lame bullshit, let's go do some damage to daddy's card!"  Emma grabs my hand and pulls me to her black BMW with Becky laughing beside me.

  After a half hour drive, we arrive at the two story mall in the middle of the pack land, surrounded by stores, restaurants, even a pack police station as they allow some humans to live on the pack lands.  Those that are mated to werewolves, needed to get away or know of us and are accepting of our way of life as we are more like a family than a city.  Everyone takes care of everyone, and some humans like that kind of lifestyle.  Plus we get to learn more about the humans this way.  We have only had one or two problems with the humans, and that was handled in a way that I would rather not discuss as they deserved what they got.

  We are walking through the mall after already hitting half the stores and my stomach alerts us to the fact that we haven't eaten since this morning.  Becky suggests we go to the food court and we are all in agreement.  Becky gets an all meat sub with a drink, Emma gets a burger and fries and I opted for 2 slices of Hawaiian pizza, yes pineapple can go on pizza! 

  We eat our food and laugh about silly things and even people watch, eyeing outfits we like and trying to figure out what store they came from so we can go there.  As I am dumping the trash of my tray into the garbage bin, I hear my name.  I turn around and don't see anyone I recognize, besides Becky and Emma who are busy looking at their phones.  I go back to dumping my tray when I hear my name again, but it's closer.  I turn around and drop my tray with a bang.  This gets Becky and Emma's attention, plus the people around me.  I don't notice this because I am busy staring into the most electrifying green eyes I've ever seen.

  "Damon?"