A new rider 2♦️ HOTD

Song: Hans Zimmer - Duck Hunt. (From the Crown)

Warnings: angst, attempted suicide, angst, mentions of miscarriage, dragons. Arguing, hinting at something.

•••

Aemond fulfilled his promise that he would find and bring you whoever was responsible for your pain and sorrow. But he did not hold up his promise about bringing the person to justice.

It could not be done, the person who had Aella slain is none other than the king, Aegon. And the king is fully protected. A drunken whore protected by his kingdom while Aella lays to rot in the dragon pit.

'It was a means to ensure your stay here...' Aegon told you. His words continue to echo on in your mind.

He doesn't care what he did, that he killed his unborn niece with the murder of your dragon. It almost cost you yours as well and yet he hasn't shown any sign of remorse whatsoever.

'My love-' Aemond rushes after you as you make your way down the steps.

'I feel no need to speak...' you reply to him, walking along the hallway leading towards the scept and the dragon pit.

'He heard the argument... and so he thought it would be a way to keep you here.. he knows I could not function without you-' Aemond almost begs for you to stop, and it works.

'Spare me the details, Aemond, please!' You yell out in frustration as you turn around to face him.

You actually see him recoil from the cold look on your face. It has never been this lifeless towards him.

'You do not even seem to care that it is your brother who took my dragon and with it our unborn child! Does it not bring you pain?!'

'Of course it Does! I have to watch you suffer from it every single day, knowing I cannot reverse any of it!' he replies, pulling you into his embrace.

You don't offer him any warmth in return, you haven't ever since you've been up on your feet again. The light that was once carried by you, is gone.

'If I could kill him I would...'

'I wish I could believe that...' you push yourself out of his arms, giving him a cold glare. 'I am going to visit my rotting dragon now, it would be wise not to follow me...'

He doesn't, much to your relief. Seeing his face these days brings you nothing but betrayal and pain. You don't understand how he could be like this. He tells you he cares but does he really? He also has not shown any signs of remorse, perhaps his brother and him have more in common then they think.

'Men...' you spit as you take foot into that familiar cave. 'Good for nothing but heartbreak...' you mutter.

You walk all the way to the back of the cave. Aella still lays there, cold and still. Her body hasn't started to decompose yet, much to your luck. You intend to visit her as much as possible, it gives you a sense of calm, still being able to use her to ground you, even if she won't respond to touch anymore.

'I am here...' you kneel beside her head and lay your hand down. Your fingers softly brush over the scales, making a shiver run up your spine.

Your eyes cast down to her body, the eggs still laying there, drained of their colour and full of cracks. Tears brim your eyes when your free hand goes up to your belly. 'Look what they did to us Aella... if I had known I would have taken you far away from here' the tears start falling and it gets hard for you to stop them.

Every emotion from today breaks through the barriers of your body, flowing down your cheeks while your hand remains firmly on your companion.

'I am so sorry...' you whisper, your head lowering until it's laid against her head as well.

There's a loud roar suddenly, not enough to break you away from Aella however. That is until you feel hot breath cascading over your body, it's another dragon surely, probably Aemonds.

Your eyes meet the dragons figure and even though your breath should have caught in your throat, it doesn't.

This is the most dangerous dragon in the pit, a large dragon who has already had his fair share of war. Scared from the past, aggressive, deadly. You should be scared, but you're not.

'What do you want...' you sneer at the animal. 'If you wish to end my suffering then please do..'

He tilts his head a little at your tone, but refrains from actually coming closer and doing anything to harm you. He just states with this sadness swirling in those big eyes.

'DO SOMETHING!' You yell as you stand up and face him completely now.

He's so big compared to you. Again, this should make you feel scared. Many stories roll around about him being the most dangerous dragon in the pit, unable to be claimed. He's too aggressive to be in charge of and yet, you see nothing of it at this moment.

Not when you yelled at him just now, not when you continue to yell at him to do something. Your sudden anger turning into sadness again slowly.

You are so tired of living in Kingslanding. The lying and scheming from this side of the family, the constant fear of something happening.

Somewhere deep in your mind, your thoughts are starting to boil up into one word. Dracarys.

If only you yelled it at Vermithor, than perhaps the suffering will stop. The ache in your chest wil be silenced and so will everyone else. You'd have your peace finally.

'Dracarys!' You repeatedly yell.

Tears run down your cheeks the softer your voice becomes and you collapse into sobs once again.

A soft groan comes from the beast in front of you, could it be compassion that he shows? You are not entirely certain. The certainty comes from the animal softly nudging you, letting out a low groan as to soothe you.

'Why won't you end my suffering?' You whine at the animal as your hands come up to touch his scales. 'Why don't you see me as an agressor?'

Again you get a nudge, it reminds you of her. A soft smile spreads across your lips when you almost topple over. 'Vermithor...' your voice soft like a whisper.

He could have killed you, you have him the go to do so. Yet he chose not to, this must mean something. Something big.