Father's dearest 3 ♦️ alternate ending (requested)

song: Ramin Djawadi - whatever may come.

warning: angst, fluff, good ending.

•••

'I cannot believe how you could ever love that cunt of a man...' Daemon seethes as Y/n sits at the large table he's currently pacing around. 'He made Vaghar alive your brother and his dragon up into pieces for us to find!'

All Y/n can do is ignore her fathers rants and insults about the man she once loved. The man she still loves ? She does not know if it is for the present still..

Her mother gives her a worried look, she has known the two to be lovers ever since she found her diagnose aiding to his eye, but that love she once saw seems to have dialed down after the horrible news given to them.

'We do not choose whom we love father, you should know that better than anyone...' she fires back, the sudden anger surprising both her parents.

'I am equally as heartbroken as you two are, he was my little brother! He was sent as a messenger.. not to be slaughtered... so I will go to Kingslanding and will seek to find the meaning of this...'

'You will not set a foot in Kingslanding... it is too dangerous for you to be there while the whole city sides behind Aegon... who will surely order your murder if he finds the opportunity...' Rhaenyra tells Y/n.

'Then what do you suppose we do... this is hardly fair...' Daemon replies as he seeks out the eyes of his wife. 'We have lost both children to this god awful side of the family...'

'I am begging mother, send me, just as a messenger too... I will find out what happened and I will take action if needed, they just do not need to know the last of the sentence being said between the three of us.. I know Aemond and he would never kill Lucerys for revenge...'

'If you won't let our daughter go, I will go with Caraxes-'

'Don't you dare... fine my daughter...' she stands up and Y/n does the same as Rhaenyra walks closer to her.

Her hand makes its way up Y/n's cheek, knuckles softly bristling across her skin as she lets her eyes roam over the girl she created.

'Then you be careful.. I cannot lose another child... not to them...'

'He wouldn't dare hurt me, despite what you both assume... he is not one of them, exactly like Helaena..' Y/n replies.

'I trust your judgement... all I hope is that you do too...' Her mother tells her before removing her hand from Y/n'a face.

Y/n seems out the gaze of her father, he gives her an assuring nod. He's probably already thinking of the ways you could hurt Aegon and his side of the family, that's what Y/n thinks when she sees the look her father returns to her.

•••

It takes a certain amount of courage to return to the enemy in the middle of a war, even if she does not see Aemond as her enemy.

How could he possibly be the enemy when he's stood by his princess for all of these years. Letters piling onto each other, creating towers of love bleeding onto paper.

Y/n is smart however, she doesn't go all the way and able to recognize, no she goes at night.

Darkness was her cover for the small piece of paper she has put in his room, one he could easily find and decipher, because who knows the language of love better than the star crossed one's?

He should be here, if he did decipher it. Did she make it too hard for him to decipher?

'Princess... I did not expect to see you here...' there he is.