Proud to be Strong ♦️ Harwin/ Rhaenyra

Song; SYML - where is my love.

Imagine; You know about your true father, but to say that he hasn't been your father would be absurd.

Warnings; a lot of fluff, a little angst, flufffff, Hardin acting like a true father. I love that man with my whole heart.

Lets be honest, we all need a Harwin in our lives, big and strong but a teddy bear and a total simp at heart..

•••

He's the one you cried out for at night, him being the commander of the city watch and your protecter.

'Sir Harwin!' You yelled out while sobs wrecked through your tiny body. Just six name days old and alone in a dark room that had started to frighten you. Your mind creating scary monsters that only he could defeat.

'What is the matter, my princess?' He asked softly as he kneels beside your bed. The maidens rushed in to light the candles, creating a soft hue in the room.

'There are scary monsters! I am scared...' you had sobbed reaching out for the gentle giant.

He picked you up and wrapped you up in his soft cloak, comforting you through that night and many more.

He's the one you hid behind whenever you felt threatened. He's a good fighter and would protect you in any way he could, but not only because if his sworn oath to your mother.

You got scared easily when your brothers fought with your nephews. But you'd have him to hide behind. Your hands would grab his cloak and his arm would be between you and the danger. And he thought you to fight better, to fight like a woman instead of a man, something you will be eternally grateful for.

He's the one you could share everything with.

'I cannot believe he promised me a dragon pit... like I would ever marry such a stuck up fool..'

He laughed at your remark, he could clearly see your mother in you. He remembers her words about the Lannister who promised her a dragon pit as well.

'I do not wish to be betrothed yet... I want to meet my beloved like you and mother... and there is so much yet to discover... I wish I could take my dragon and fly off.. but I do not want to leave my parents and brothers to the families wrath...' you bowed your head.

'You remind me of your mother.. always being stubborn about marriage.. about children...' he stepped closer, lifting your chin with his fingers. 'But she birthed the most beautiful souls...'

'Do you have to leave?' You asked him.

'I have no choice, princess..'

'You merely defended me, they have no right to remove you from the city watch...'

He smiled without another word. He decided it was worth more to memorize his eldest child. His only daughter. The future heir to the throne, after your mother of course.

He's the one you mourn after you were informed of his passing.

For days to no end, you cry alone, in your chambers. Hiding away from everyone else, they would not understand.

'My sweet girl...' your mother walks up to you with open arms.

You immediately cling to her, seeking her conform now that there is no Harwin to turn to.

'I know...' she shushes you as your sobs grow louder and louder. 'I know my sweet girl...he loved you so much..'

You think of him...
As you watch your uncle, Larys, parade around the castle with Alicent. They claimed to have nothing to do with the fire but you know better by now.

But harming them would mean confessing to everyone that your real name is not Velaryon, but Strong. Now you wouldn't mind, but for the sake of your family, you keep quiet.

But you will avenge his death and that of your grandfather. And you will do it with fire and blood.. Because you still are half Targaryen, and you will show them what a good combination your parents made.