Father's dearest 2 ♦️ House of the dragon (SPOILERS)

Song: Ramin Djawadi - into the fire.

Warnings: angst, arguing, threatening to kill, dragons, flashbacks of the good old days. Character death. Lots of confusion.

•••

'She has been seen, traveling on dragonback... what if she decides to come here?' Alicent tells her son. Panicking already about the upcoming war her son started.

Technically he is the one to act first in a war that's been brewing for years. The first act was crowning her firstborn, Aegon, King, but Aemond made sure the "blacks" will retaliate against the "greens"

'Then I shall deal with her...' he replies to her, perhaps if he believes in the lie that he could actually harm Y/n, he himself will start to believe it.

'That girl is as reckless and violent as her alleged father! She beat you in battle once before!'

'Mother, you must not worry, we have dragons, Aegon is a king with many people siding with him...she would be foolish to come here, on dragonback, all on her own... and she is anything but foolish..'

Another lie that slips from his lips, she is indeed no fool when it comes to strategy. She is smarter and more cunning than the majority of the people in Kingslanding, but she wouldn't let this go for the life of her. Even he knows that.

He doubts if he's able to stop Y/n from actually ending him, he couldn't ever physically harm her. Y/n is his only weakness. He also doubts if she could go through with, would she be able to kill him? He's rather not know the answer to that.

Aemond thinks back to the day Y/n beat him for the first time in the courtyard. He couldn't even be mad at her as she looked down upon him.

'Beat by a beautiful woman, don't be too surprised...' she smirks as she presses the edge of the blade into his neck, straddling him.

'Perhaps I judged you too quickly...' he cocks his head to the side with an equally big smirk.

''Perhaps?' She lets out a chuckle. She lets the dagger dig in a little deeper, not enough to draw blood, Alicent will have her head for it if she did.

'I did judge you too quickly, I yield!'

'Sȳz valonqar' she pets his cheek before getting off of him.

It's then that he truly fell in love with Princess Y/n Velaryon (Targaryen) , and he screwed everything up, badly.

•••

'Stay calm, defend yourself if attacked..'

Osiris gives Y/n a nudge which indicates she understands what she just told her. Y/n gives her a pet before she turns to walk away.

Her head turns upwards to look up to the castle, it was once her home, but she does not see it that way anymore. She stopped seeing it like that since hearing of her grandfather passing.

She sees him standing in one of the many windows, he's watching her with a stoic look on his face. Y/n however can sense his unease. He must know why she is here and what she came to do.

He steps away from the window just as Y/n starts walking. He rushes down the steps towards the back entrance of the castle. He needs to hurry before the guards see her and then seize her as well.

The door opens just as she sets foot on the stairs leading up to them. His whole body freezes, seeing her up close has had that effect on him before.

'Aemond..' Y/n's the first to speak. He steps aside and ushers her in, closing the door behind her in a haste.