Vouch for you - part 2 ♦️ Targaryens/Velaryons

Song: Ramin Djawadi - Hodor

Warnings: angst, fluff,

Artwork: Elizabeth Pyre on twitter!

•••

Aemond rushes to his readied horse. His breathing fast in his throat because of the way he ran across the entire castle.

'Up ahead!' A guard yells making everyone halt.

Aemond refrains from mounting his horse when he spots something he wouldn't have dreamed of in a thousand years.

The white stag supporting the princess of Dragonstone towards the gates of the castle. It is indeed as his sister said. The white stag, send by the gods, will save her.

He feels relief seep into his skin and bones at the sight of you. Quickly it gets replaced with panic yet again when the further you get into the light, the more blood seems to cover your body and face.

He drops everything, just like before, to rush over to you as you thank the stag for bringing you back as unharmed as can be.

The stag disappears before Aemond can reach the both of you. You suppose it does not like to be seen, it's rarity putting a target on its back.

'Aemond...' you breath as he rushes up to you.

His hands are all over you the second he reaches you. He tries to spot any of the physical damage, his eyes returning to the blood constantly.

'It is not mine...the blood...' you speak, voice ragged and broken from the screaming and cold air. He wraps his arms around you and kisses your head.

His hand comes up to cup your cheek. He flinches of the coldness of your skin. 'We should head inside...'

He wants to grab your hand but then notices the ropes still bound around your wrists. He growls lowly as anger fills him. How could they do this to you?!

Due to his body heat, you start to shake. Feeling the coldness of your own body now. Aemond immediately removes the cloak and wraps it around you tightly.

'You will get blood on it...' you speak.

'Hush, do you honestly think I would care for that?' He speaks. He turns his head. 'Get the Maester!'

'No, I need to show them... I am not.. weak...' You speak as you begin to walk towards the entrance, Aemond watches you with big eyes.

'You are hurt, Princess-'

'They can't... know that.. need to show.. them...'

'At least let me help...' he pleads. You nod at him to give him permission.

•••

'I hear something!' Baela says, catching the entire tables attention. All heads turn to the door that opens.

It reveals you and Aemond making a few gasp at your appearance. Rhaenyra immediately springs up as well as she can with the huge belly, to hug you close to her.

'Are you hurt?' Daemon asks making you look at him. Your chin is still held high, there's no trace of even one tear and he must say that the pride is swelling in his chest at the moment.

'No..' comes your gravelled voice. 'Blood is not mine...'

'My dear girl...' Rhaenyra speaks as she slowly peels away the ropes, revealing deep wounds. 'Will heal..' you tell her and she nods. 'I am sorry.. this should have never happend...'

You give her a nod as you continue to walk around the table. When you pass Jace and Luc they want to stand up and speak but your hand that shoots up tells them to keep their mouths shut.