Vouch for you ♦️ Targaryens/Velaryons

Song: Ramin Djawadi - Maester

Imagine; you're your mothers least favourite because you're the child of Criston Cole, everyone knows that. So you get bullied just as much as Aemond. Resulting in you two bonding over the worst childhood.

Warnings: angst, blood and gore, little fluff. Betrayal. Death. It's a little backstory first, there will be more chapters!

•••

You always knew you weren't your mothers favourite, always the inconvenience to your family and they'd have no problem not hiding that from you. From name calling to actual ignoring you and your presence..

Your mother never did it on purpose, you tried to remind yourself. She didn't know how to love a baby that came from something hurtful to her. You being a constant reminder.

For years it went on under your "fathers" watchful eye. He either didn't notice or didn't care, most of the time he was too drunk to even form a coherent sentence. Your real father didn't want to acknowledge your existence either. You didn't have many friends, only your dragon to accompany you.

The only joy you truly felt was years later when Laenor died and gave way for Daemon. He did not care who's child you were, he saw you as his the moment he married Rhaenyra. And he treated you as such.

Besides from Daemon, another man entered your life. He understood like no other how it felt to be the ugly duckling of the group, ignored and bullied all the same as you had been.

'Aemond!' You yell as you rushes towards him with a smile.

Even though no man is ever able to make Aemond drop his weapon, the second he spots you running to him, he empties his hands in a heartbeat before catching you.

'Princess..' he chuckles. 'I almost get the idea that you have missed me..'

You get put down on your feet again and roll your eyes with a sly smile. 'Am I to understand you did in fact not miss me?'

'That is a vial accusation, my lady...of course I'd miss you, everyone else in this place is either dull or boring..'

'That is the same thing...' you reply confused.

'Exactly..' he winks making you blush profoundly. 'So how was your travel?'

As the conversation goes over to small talk about your travels, the dragon and other interests, you don't notice your brothers siding with Aegon. They're speaking lowly, so nobody can overhear what's being said. It's almost like 6 years ago again, they're scheming. But this time it isn't some prank like they pulled with Aemond, it is something for you this time. No matter how much you deny it, you're still that naive girl from a few years back, and they could use that to their advantage.

•••

You have trouble keeping up with your brothers and Aegon. Your dress easily getting caught by the branches of the bushes and trees.

'Jace... what are we doing here? It's late we should head back-' you try to reason with him.

'Do you wish to see the white stag or not?' He bites back a little cold, making you frown.

'Scared?, princess..' Aegon taunts.

'No.'

A weird feeling sparks in your belly, like something is not right. You probably should not have trusted them to bring you here, but it is too late to turn back now.