Chapter 18 - Escaping the Mirror

"Marx! Don't eat all of my food!" Magolor was inside his house, frustrated that his prank went wrong. Marx was also there, just trying to get some free stuff. "Come on, man! I'm hungry!" 

"You're always hungry!" The wizard said, getting annoyed at this point. 

If the jester had hands, one of them would be pointing in his friend's direction right now. "That's beside the point..." He took another bite of his doughnut. "The point is, you're just angry that your prank failed!" Marx nodded to himself, filled with confidence as he was solving some kind of mystery.

"Excuse me? My prank? What happened to our team?!!" Magolor placed a hand on his 'chest', doing a dramatic pose while he did so. "That ended after that ridiculous party, the only good thing there was that novel scene." The clown 'shrugged'.

Trying his best not to lose all of his food to his gluttonous friend, the floating guy took the tray back. "Don't say that, Taranza did nothing wrong. How would you feel if someone you cared for had a broken heart?" 

Marx jumped off his ball, managing to steal some of the doughnuts. "As long as I'm not the one crying, then I'm okay with it." Magolor facepalmed before grabbing a spice and putting it on the bread. "I feel like I'm losing my touch, my pranks were perfect before. Maybe it would be better if I just built that park once and for all."

"You're not losing your touch." Marx began. "Your pranks are all the same! They are too predictable! Next time, we'll do it my way, and I assure you there won't be any accidents." He ate another one, remembering his last prank.

The wizard shook his head in disappointment, but before he could say something, a message on his phone interrupted his thoughts. "Okay okay, that sounds great. Here, take this bread and leave, see you next time!" Magolor led his friend to the door and closed it.

Not understanding much, the jester took a bite of the dough. He suddenly began to widen his eyes as his tongue was getting burned, so he wasted no time to spit it. "Dang it! He got me there."

----------------------------------------

Zan Partizanne was in her room questioning her acts as she nervously played with her hair. "I don't know about this, am I really that desperate?" She talked to herself and kept walking in circles. Today was Monday, which meant she was about to have a lesson on how to control her feelings. (Is that a thing? If it is, I wished I knew about that before...")

"Okay, Zan, don't panic. It's only a day, you don't need to put it into practice." She looked at the mirror, sighing. "On second thought... I'm starting to think this was a bad idea... Ugh!" The girl facepalmed. "Stupid bowlcut. How will I be happy if you're now invading my thoughts?!"

A sudden laugh interrupted her moment. "Bowlcut? Wow, girl. You're really in love." Dark Taranza manifested himself as an image inside her own mirror, he looked like he was holding back his excitement. The girl in yellow had an annoyed look on her face, blowing a strand of hair as she did so.

"This is nothing new, emo boy." She said with a smug expression, causing him to gasp. "Emo boy? Look at my clothes, they are not emo!" Pulling a part of his clothes, he pointed at himself with the other five hands while maintaining one eyebrow raised. All of his efforts were in vain as the blonde mage crossed her 'arms' and said:

"Totally emo." She laughed. 

Trying to hold his anger back, one of his many eyes flinched. "Wait... Weren't you desperate two days ago? What happened?" The spider scratched the side of his head, surprised that she wasn't as vulnerable as before. "Nope." She replied. "Nothing that some reflection, a lot of teasing from my sisters, and a therapy chair from my youngest sister couldn't handle." Zan removed the remaining ice from her 'shoulder'.