Chapter 23 - Suffering

"COME ON! WAKE UP!!" Dark Taranza said as he punched the giant white orb before shaking his hand in pain. "Seriously, I want what this being used to sleep like a rock, it would help a lot."

The shadowy spider was a mess, his golden hair was now ruined and his clothes were all torn up from the damage done. He was slowly succumbing to madness as the two horns grew in size, pain and suffering were manifesting in his heart to transform the once diabolical being into something even more broken. His soul no longer existed.

While he destroyed multiple floating rocks, his soldiers stared with an annoyed look, even Shadow Dedede wasn't impressed by the man's childish attitude. Seeing that the two were making fun of him, Dark Taranza grabbed the two by the neck and threatened to kill them.

"You two could be more useful! But NO... you're just staring while I do all the work!" The spider threw them on the closest floating platform, groaning in the process. "Everyone WILL bow to me! And I..." He charged a giant energy orb. "WILL BE HAPPY!"

Before the infuriated spider could destroy them, someone arrived from the tunnels. They were Kirby and his friends, who came to put an end to this. Once and for all.

"Sheesh, this place is nuts." King Dedede gazed upon the meteor's inside, it was a gigantic hole with many floating platforms; in the middle of it, resided Void and the three villains.

Dark Taranza couldn't believe what he saw, the ones he swore would never go after him were all in one big platform. Ten heroes, one villain. He sure was outnumbered. "What the heck?! How are you still alive?! I thought my little trap would be the perfect solution." He cursed in italian and floated in front of the Star Allies.

"Evil never wins, Dark Taranza. Darkness won't prevail, and we're here to end this." Kirby stared at the arachnid with a fearless look before he pointed his sword upwards. In response to his commentary, all that the psychopathic spider could do was laugh as he lost his mind.

The sounds that came from him were unsettling enough to scare some of the heroes. Dark Taranza constantly twitched in many ways, only stopping when he took a deep breath.

"You poor, INNOCENT, boy. Shadows are merely but CHAOS that prevent light from reaching everywhere, they are eternal. But the thing you crave for is not." He put his many hands together, still maintaining the giant orb with him. "You depend on something to give you hope, love... Light is NOTHING without a source." Everyone prepared themselves for a possible attack.

Dark Taranza pointed behind him with one thumb and slowly shook his head in disappointment. "I would love allowing you to behold the rise of your new god. Who am I kidding? You fools are so miserable you don't even deserve to live." As he snapped his fingers, Umbra Knight and Shadow Dedede jumped on the same platform.

"HAPPINESS WILL SURE BE MINE! And no one gets anything else..." The evil being pouted and tilted his head to the side, grinning right after. "Now... Before I rule the entire universe, fatty." He patted Kirby on the head, getting a look of disbelief and irritation. If you anger the god in pink, you will surely die.

"I'll use your own creator against you. Ahhh..." He smirked. "How ironic... The source of all your hope will be YOUR DOOM."

In the middle of them, Hyness widened his eyes as he realized what Dark Taranza was going to do.

"I COMMAND YOU, SPARKING STAR! RISE AND KILL THE LIVING PESTS THEY ARE!" He hummed a single note. "Hey, that rhymed! Glad to see I still got the hang of it." Despite maintaining the same messy look, Dark Taranza patted his clothes as a way of boosting his confidence.

Kirby jumped in the villain's direction, but he wasn't fast enough; the underworld arachnid fired the orb at Void, whose shaking made the entire place vibrate.