Chapter 4 - The Kingdom in the Sky

The night had passed and a new day had begun. After the whole business thing, the two kings were talking inside the penguin's castle, both drinking a nice cup of tea.

"I don't know about this, my friend, is it really the best option for her?" Taranza asked, taking a sip of the hot drink. The question made Dedede spit his tea all over the floor.

"WHAT? Are you asking this now?! The day ya two are leaving?!" He made a gesture to inform his soldier about the little mess he had just made.

Dedede saw the sad look on his friend's face and asked carefully. "Hey... I haven't seen ya with that look since the incident, what's wrong?" He patted the spider's back in hope of comfort.

Taranza sighed, putting his cup on the table right after. "She is just like her..."
The penguin's eyes were full of confusion. "Wait, who now?"

"Sectonia, she reminds me of my queen, when the corruption had begun... The way she acts is the first step to a dark life, the one that made me see something wrong with my dearest friend... If I couldn't stop her from being corrupted by misery, how am I gonna help with Zan's problem?"

The bird was in deep silence, he didn't know how to react, Dedede then thought of something. "Taranza, look at me..." The spider turned his head. "I know I can't make things better, but ya know what they say: there's always a second chance. I'm sure that you'll help her, and, if ya can't do it for Zan, then do it for your old queen, pay the debt that makes you suffer and I know your happiness will come back."

Taranza took a deep breath and smiled a little. "Wow, I didn't know you had such a way with words."

With a big smile on his face, Dedede gave a thumbs up. "Part of it was your work. If you could help a mannerless king to be formal, then I'm sure you'll succeed, what do ya say, pal?"

After being cheered up by his friend, the spider shook Dedede's hand to thank him. "It won't be easy, but I'll try my hardest, there will not be another person following Sectonia's path." He raised his six hands to celebrate and the other king joined him.

A knock on the door interrupted the moment. Dedede went to answer it. "It must be her!" He said, but on the other side was just a single waddle dee, that was informed to deliver an apple pie to his king. "Ohhhhhh, almost as exciting, but I'm not complaining, thank you kind waddle dee." He brought the pie to his table and grabbed two forks. "Ya want some?"

"I'm good, but thank you for offering."

Dedede shrugged, but, when he was about to eat a piece of pie, another knock was heard. "Ugh... can I eat for a moment?!" He once again answered it, this time, the right person came.

"Welcome Zan, and to your sisters as well, I suppose you're ready to leave?" The penguin said as he informed Taranza to come.

"Miss Partizanne, I'm so happy you're ready!" He paused for a moment, before stuttering. "I-I mean, it's nice to see you, wait, t-that's not what I was going to say, please pardon me." He facepalmed with one of his hands. "Stop being awkward Taranza, she cannot think you're a weirdo or the chances of success will drastically lower" He thought.

The girl in yellow just raised an eyebrow before being pushed in by one of her sisters, who then made a gesture to pressure her to say something. "I-I-" Flamberge pushed her again. "It's good to see you too?"

Her answer was so unexpected that made Francisca talk. "SERIOUSLY?!" The blonde girl shrugged in defense. "What? Isn't the point of this whole thing to learn how I can be nicer? I'm still learning."

This time it was her other sister who started talking. "That's my sis! I'm proud of you." She raised her hands in celebration.

The spider held three of his hands with the other three and walked out of the throne room. "If you're ready, follow me to the castle's entrance, we shall leave in thirty minutes. I'll leave for you to say goodbye to your sisters."