Chapter 19 - Star Allies

"Why are they taking so long?" Meta Knight said as he crossed his arms, feeling impatient that he needed to wait longer than he wanted to. "I'll go check on them." The spear wielder grabbed his weapon and took a deep breath, but before he could reenter the Dimension Mirror, Dedede and Kirby appeared from it.

Now located on a small island in the middle of nowhere, the king of Dreamland looked around with a worried expression that caused his most loyal soldier to frown in concern. "My king, did something happen to you?" The boy placed his spear behind his back and ran towards the worried penguin, who looked at Kirby.

The pink ball had the same expression as the blue bird, he knew exactly what his friend was feeling at the moment. "Before we left, Dedede informed me that he saw Taranza being taken to another place. I tried going back to save him, but the best thing we can do is to prepare ourselves for the coming storm." Kirby sighed and nodded, causing Meta Knight to hit his chest and raise his sword.

"So what are we waiting for? We must go back to Dreamland and get ourselves an army! If a single enemy gave us so much trouble, then we need to increase our chances of winning." The knight maintained the same serious look, now mixed with a pinch of excitement for having a fight coming up, possibly the biggest one in his entire life.

"Let me just call-" Kirby tried getting his phone, but it was nowhere to be seen. The round boy remembered what happened when they fell, widening his eyes as he did so. "It must have been destroyed during the fight!" He put both of his hands on his head, making Dedede facepalm. "So that means we're stuck on this island?" 

"Not exactly." Meta Knight explained. "I know Dreamland is to the West, all we need to do is pass the night here and, when the sky is no longer cloudy, we will locate ourselves using the sun. This island should provide everything we need." The masked man punched a tree and sliced the coconut that fell from it. "See?"

"After spending an undefined time in a cell, I'm fine with anything." The penguin grabbed the sliced coconut and sat on the sand. "I just hope we can get back home in time."

As the camera zoomed out of them, a broken pink cocoon could be seen, Dark Meta Knight had escaped...

----------------------------------------------------------

Inside King Dedede's castle, many waddle dees were taking care of the injured wizard, but despite their efforts, Hyness showed no signs of waking up. It was another day and they decided to rest for a while, however, the waddle dees chose one of them to stay and take care of the situation.

The unlucky one who stayed was a brown waddle dee, the same one from this story's first chapter. Seizing the opportunity to be alone, he grabbed a newspaper and began to read it, not even caring about the floating being that entered the place. Wait, a floating being?

"Good morning, dude." Magolor said. "I was wondering if Hyness is in here, can I talk to him?" He put both of his hands together and gave his iconic giggle, which aroused annoyance in the waddle dee. "I don't know if you noticed, but the one you're looking for is right next to you." He was rude and ignored the blue egg, getting back to his reading as he did so.

Magolor gasped and panicked when he realized that the only ancient he met was now in a serious coma; suddenly, an orange butterfly entered the room and landed right on Hyness' nose. The scene got even more unexpected when the white wizard woke up, panting as he did so. 

Satisfied with its work, the butterfly flew away, leaving Magolor shocked. "Anyway." He said to himself as he tried to ignore what just happened. "Hyness! I've got some news-" As soon as the blue orb started talking, the waddle dee interrupted him. "Shhhh! Can't you see that he has just woken up? Calm down, sheesh. Anyway, I am out." The waddle dee grabbed his stuff and left the room.