Chapter 11 - Calm Times

Earlier in that same day, Kirby and his gang went to Magolor's house located on the town's exterior. "Are we there yet? My legs are killing me!" King Dedede sat on the ground for a moment to breathe. "Sire, it has only been thirty minutes, now get up and stop being lazy!" Meta Knight lightly kicked the penguin, facepalming right after. "I should have gone alone, this is getting on my nerves..." He sighed and groaned.

"Get up, penguin!" Hyness grabbed the king and shook him. "This is a do or die situation! GET UP ALREADY!" The mage shouted, but it was to no avail. Kirby had an idea, so he took his candy sac and gave it to his friend, which suddenly gained a lot of energy. "Well lookie here, I'm not tired anymore!" Dedede picked up the sac and started eating the delicious jawbreakers, an action that confused Hyness. "What... You know what! Forget it! I won't try to understand him anymore!" 

Meta Knight patted the wizard's back. "You are not the only one, pal." 

"Look guys! We've arrived!" Kirby jumped with glee, which made the knight curse in Spanish. "Have we been this close the whole time? What a waste! We could have left this eating buffoon a while ago!" He pointed in the king's direction with his sword. "Hey! I'm not that gluttonous!" Dedede said while he ate the remaining candy.

Inside the house, the team had found Magolor drinking a cup of coffee. The egg-shaped wizard looked at them with confusion. "What? Is there something in my face?"

The king of Dreamland saw this as an opportunity and knocked the coffee down, which burned Magolor's hand. "OW! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?" He shouted and put his hand on freezing water, releasing a sigh of relief right after. 

"That's for that pie, you took too far with that prank." Dedede crossed his arms, making a proud face. "Eh! That's the price of being the best jokester on this planet."Magolor shrugged. "Anyway, what do you guys need?" He brought four cups of coffee and asked them to sit down.

Hyness explained his prophecy and how they needed a plan to avoid imminent destruction. "I see... My personal opinion as a fan of the ancients and master wizard would be: we find my old spaceship, the Lor Starcutter, and get out while we still can!" He moved his hands to emphasize his fear, which caused the old mage to spit his coffee out.

"What?! Your spaceship?! That thing was built by my people! It took them many years to harness the power it contains." He angrily said, crossing his arms in the process. 

After hearing the sentence, Magolor gasped with amazement. "Wait, does that mean you're an ancient? Oh my Void, this is the best day in my life!" Hyness proudly smiled. "I see you did your homework. It's a pleasure to meet you. The name is Hyness." The two wizards shook hands, but Meta Knight was impatient. 

"Okay, okay, everyone is happy. Would you mind thinking of something better? The more fighting, the merrier." The knight finished his coffee and made a gesture to make them start planning.

"Let's see what we got. An evil spider, possibly a mirror counterpart, is here in Popstar. He stole the Dimension Mirror, most likely to harness its powers, and plans to attack us in fifteen days." Magolor closed his eyes and thought about a plausible solution, before snapping his fingers.

"That's it! I know how we can locate him!" He picked up his phone and texted someone, who answered after five minutes. "Susie is working on the other side of the galaxy-" He explained, but was interrupted by Kirby. "That's good news Meta Knight! You don't need to worry about your fear of emotions!" The pink ball then absorbed every cookie on the table.

When the boy said that, everyone looked at Meta Knight with confusion. "What's he talkin' about, Meta?" King Dedede asked, pointing a finger in Kirby's direction.