Chapter 6 - A Lurking Shadow

Void, darkness, everything in space could be resumed by those two words. But, the creator of this universe, named Void, by interacting with positive or negative matter, created new lives and filled the same universe with bright colors, from the dark shades of purple to the lighter tone that pink had.

Hyness was floating through the nothingness and saw his old pal, the same one that appeared in a vision many years ago. "Welcome back, old friend, it's good to see you." The figure shined brightly in response. "I see you are happy as well." He said while covering his eyes from all the light.

Suddenly, the once white being turned black bit by bit, like when the moon changes phases. Hyness saw a Jamba Heart run away in fear, the Void created a black hole that slowly absorbed him. 

A big, red eye appeared in the middle of the darkness, every light that shined brightly was fading away, one by one. Hyness tried to escape, but the evil won and absorbed him with more intensity; he screamed in fear, only to fail miserably as everything around him became monochromatic, only black remained...

"Ah!" Hyness awoke from his nightmare, he couldn't speak, just pant. When he calmed down, he scratched his big nose and thought for a moment. After realizing what had just happened, he jumped off his bed, grabbed his notebook and started writing. 

"My lord warns me that something bad is going to happen, probably in a month or less. Oh no, this is serious, I must inform my daughters about this!" He looked to the sky from his window, the moon was in its full phase...

"When the moon turns new, the whole planet will suffer from a dark fate, it will be worse than Void Termina..."

-------------------------------------------

A new day had begun, Taranza prepared something unique for the main lesson, though this time, Bandana Waddle Dee was not involved in its organization.

The waddle dee went to do his work, first thing on his list: wake up the special guest. He arrived at Zan's room with her breakfast and was surprised, she already was out of her bed.

"Good morning, what took you so long?" She placed the steel tray on her table. "Nothing, I'm just surprised that you woke up that early, usually only Taranza does that, he likes to stay in his private room." That raised her interest and he made his way in, only stopping when he looked at the girl's trustworthy golden lance.

"How is it to be a mighty fighter?" He jumped after he felt a light zap from the weapon. "You also have elemental powers, how cool is that? Can you use them without your weapon? How did you get them? Did lightning fall on your head?" The boy overwhelmed her with questions, his curiosity had no limit.

She made a light gesture to make him stop, trying to hold back her painful memories at the same time. "It's normal, since I was a child I had these powers." She then smiled playfully. "I see what's happening here, you wished you had the incredible powers that the lightning mage has, the same one that made her enemies run in fear!" The girl raised her fist.

Almost dying from excitement, the waddle dee nodded multiple times. "I won't say that's false, cause that would be a lie." He poked her with his own weapon. "You have impressive feats, but were defeated by someone that doesn't even fight. Ouch, that gotta hurt." He poked her one last time.

Zan frowned and forced a smile on her face. "Don't remind me of that, it was humiliating and I still need to have my revenge on him." She held her punch with the other hand. "Hey, about that private room... Where is it? I could find something useful against him." She smirked, lightly punching the boy's shoulder.