Chapter 7 - Roots

"Everything is connected, why can't I figure this out?" Zan said, looking at the board she had created, it was full of drawings and words, all connected by lines.

Over the last four days, the girl learned a lot, she knew how to be polite and had trouble with a few tests about compassion. Today was her last day in Floralia, but she didn't want to leave before finding out what was the spider's weakness, after all, she cared a lot about fighting.

Between the classes, she secretly trained Bandana Waddle Dee and investigated the enormous castle little by little. Zan had now copies of pictures and useful information given by the floralian fairies, although, something seemed off about this mystery.

"Let me see what I know, the former queen was named Sectonia and she is a wasp. Taranza served her and was very close to her, okay... But how does that other spider enter this thing? That's the part I don't get! Urgh! How am I finding his weakness if everything I get is just a little story!" She hit her head on the table thrice.

The blonde mage sighed and sat on her bed. "Maybe it's better if I just challenge him. Who am I kidding? His style of fighting is made to tire his opponents, I only have a chance if I get an energy boost." She groaned and punched the board.

"That stupid, but charming, bowl cut!" She said between punches, the girl was happier than she was a week ago, but the only thing on her mind was this task. Zan took a deep breath and fixed her hair.

"I think I'll investigate more, and if I don't find anything, I will fight him directly before leaving..."

-----------------------------------

Taranza, as always, was in deep sorrow in his not so secret room, his guest made things way harder than they should be. I mean, could you imagine losing someone close to you only to be reminded of that person by looking at someone else? I thought so.

After sunlight covered the entire place, he knew it was time to get up and keep up with his schedule. So he did, closing the door with a key, as the last time he entered he thought someone invaded it.

As the spider did his chores, all he could think was the blonde girl. There was something about her that he found fascinating, maybe it was her unique personality, he thought. He looked at the clock in the hallway and saw that today was the seventh day, wow, time flies when we're happy.

"Happy..." That word echoed in his mind, for the first time in years, he was actually happy! Sure, he had a few sad moments here and there, but, every moment teaching that girl was a delightful experience for him, even if she was extremely stubborn.

The boy laughed and kept floating through his now cleaned castle. "Maybe I should visit Dreamland more times, I need to see my friends, and maybe... spend some time with her... if she wants, of course." He thought with a big smile on his face.

Speaking of her, Taranza, after he returned to check some things, saw Zan trying to open the door to his private room. "Excuse me miss, but what are you doing?" He politely asked, though, a small frown could be seen on his face.

Hearing the spider's words, Zan quickly turned around and tried to lean on the door, but she did it wrong, causing her to fall on the carpet. Taranza went to help her, extending one of his hands. She took it and got up. "I... was lost?" Zan nervously laughed.

That answer didn't remove the face of curiosity that he had, now mixed with a bit of anger. "I will ask you one last time. What are you doing?" Zan sighed in defeat.