Chapter 3 - Distrust

"Excuse me? You enter my house, invite me to go with you to the other side of this stupid planet, or wherever your kingdom is, and expect me to trust a complete stranger that knows about my entire life? Nope, I am definitely not accepting your offer, thank you for asking." Zan said the last part with sarcasm, which shocked Taranza.

Her two sisters saw the situation and took her to the kitchen, Flamberge flicked her oldest sister' head. "What was that about?! You spent the last day complaining that you're unhappy just to reject the only offer that could help you with that?"

Zan flicked her sister back, this time way harder. "I'm not wrong here, lady! I never asked for you to step in and make that fat penguin call his spider friend. It was all your doing." She 'crossed her arms'.

Flamberge facepalmed and started to boil in anger. "There is that rudeness again, I'm only trying to help you, but you keep being stubborn and act like you don't want help. Why are you so, so-"

"So what?" Zan interrupted. "Go on, say it." At this point the whole place was a competition between fire and electricity, Francisca tried to hold back her middle sister, who was about to blow up.

"You're soooo, ARGH!" Flamberge threw her hands in frustration then groaned in defeat. "I give up, if you really want to be like this, then I am no longer helping you."

"Good, because I'm out, I'll need a moment alone." Zan left the kitchen and made her way to the outside, completely ignoring the two visitors. "Ah, miss Partizanne, I know we started with the left foot, but I'm sure- and she ignored me" Dedede patted Taranza in comfort. "It seems I lost my gift, sorry to disappoint Dedede."

"It's okay, the solution is up to her, not you. Now, about those chips." The penguin laughed.

Back at the kitchen, Francisca was comforting her sister. "She'll come back, don't worry." Flamberge sighed, "I just don't get it, Zan is impossible to understand, how could she refuse his offer? I feel like a burden to her." The bluette thought for a minute. "I liked him, he seems nice, let's just hope that our moody sister sees that."

"Thanks Franny, at least one of my sisters sees value in me." Flamberge hugged her, before ending a hug with a puppy look in her eyes. "Could you please tell them that I'm sorry for Zan's act? I'm too angry to see other people."

Francisca smiled. "Of course, sis."

--------------------------------------------

After leaving, Zan walked through the town, only to bump on someone and fall on the ground. "Ow! Hey?! Are you blind?! I'm not invisible, idiot." She said, getting up in the process.

"Well well, if it ain't Parmesan cheese, see Marx, I told you she only wears yellow." The mysterious person said. His name was Magolor.

Beside him was a small purple jester, also known as Marx. "You're right Magolor, she is almost as corny as you are, you only wear blue. HA! You own me one piece of cake! Point it down!" He grinned proudly.

The blonde girl then sarcastically replied. "Great, It's so good to see once again the talking egg and his friend, a literal grape. What are you doing here?" She put one hand on her hip.

Marx bounced on his ball and laughed. "Hehehehe, we were just passing by, you know, it's not like we're planning to make the biggest prank ever." He laughed again.

Magolor cleared his throat and pushed his friend to the side, that action made the purple being fall off his support. "Ow!" He said. "What my friend meant is that we are walking in hope of finding apples, right Marx?" The wizard put his hands together, trying his hardest to not laugh.