Chapter 22 - Void

"...Void." Hyness took a moment to think and scratch his nose. "Void... My lord has finally arrived!" He raised his hands in celebration before widening his chameleon-like eyes. "What is it doing here? How?! Why is it inside a dark ball of despair?  If that rock isn't gonna hit Popstar... Then what is the arachnid's plan?!" He asked many rhetorical questions.

After watching the old man floating in circles, the two pranksters looked at each other with a confused expression. "Well, that guy is cuckoo crazy." The jester sat on the floor. "Let's go home, I wanna eat something. But try to make sure it will be something good!" Magolor facepalmed right after.

The egg-shaped wizard gained some courage and went to ask the living ancient what in the name of Void he was talking about, at the same time, the meteor destroyed one more planet. It was getting closer and closer to planet Popstar...

"Hey, sir..." That managed to make Hyness stop with his rambling. "What is that Void thing you're always mentioning?" The moment Magolor finished his sentence, the old man gasped in disbelief. "What do you mean by that, kid?! I thought you did your homework!" Seeing that his fan only shrugged, he decided to explain the situation.

"Void is the creator of this universe, my lord who shall never be forgotten." He paused for a moment, remembering the tragic days of his life as a corrupted maniac. "I heard from it in a book; and depending on which emotion it feels, Void can create new and extremely powerful beings..."

Suddenly, everything made more sense to the blue orb, the thing they just saw is covered by extreme amounts of dark matter that condensed into a rocky structure. "The one who wished nothing but to destroy the whole universe, Void Termina, is the only creation I know about... Hold on a second, egg." Hyness watched the planet slowly being destroyed.

"The vision... It finally makes sense! Void was turning black... A black meteor... With enough energy to give a megalomaniac hungry for revenge... The strength needed to rule the entire universe." The two of them gasped and looked at each other while the purple jester only watched in disinterest.

"We gotta get back to Popstar and warn Kirby!" Magolor said that uncomfortably, great, another one wishing to rule the universe. "And just when I thought this would be easier due to the crown's absence, the crazy dude can now obtain the power that created all of us..."  He carefully observed Hyness turning the ship on, which caused his friend to giggle in excitement.

"Finally! My body is demanding for some food, and you know what happens when I'm starving." Marx jumped on his ball and gave his partner a knowing look, with him only facepalming in response. "No more Novas for you, one made you crazy enough." Guiding the illogical grape to take a seat, Magolor took a last glance towards the ball of destruction.

"That thing must have been related to the crown's creation; I don't want a Magolor 2.0 causing chaos to the other dimensions..."

---------------------------------------

At the top of the tower, the Dream Friends took some minutes to breathe and calm themselves down after almost dying many times. Bandana Waddle Dee and Kirby removed every dark energy from the place while the eternal partners made sure nothing would make the tower fall apart.

The three girls hugged each other for a few seconds before the lightning mage remembered something really important to her, causing her younger sisters to focus on something else. Completely ignoring the pain she felt, Zan went under the floating crystal in the hope of releasing her friend from it.

Just as she reached there, Taranza gave the prison a last punch that managed to break it. What the spider didn't think of was that he had no energy to float, so he began to fall, causing the girl to act on instinct. She then dropped her weapon and extended her two hands, managing to catch the depressive being in bridal style.