Chapter 12 - Party Crashers

Three days have passed, meaning that there were eleven days left for Hyness' prophecy to be fulfilled. King Dedede was in his castle organizing the remaining details; he spent the last days making sure that nothing would go wrong with his party. From an enormous banquet to the wildest band, the Deedly Dees, everything was ready. Now he just needed to wait a couple of minutes until his guests arrived.

He sat on his throne until the first guest came, it was the pink ball himself, Kirby, who immediately went to the food's location. Dedede made a deal with him, the round boy couldn't eat everything, so he tried his best and ate before getting there.

As the minutes passed, more and more guests filled the place, giving life to the party. The penguin saw Marx and Magolor raising a tent for a reason he didn't know, but he was sure it was related to another prank.

King Dedede played his invisible guitar and went to party with his people, raising a fist in the process. "Now the party's getting started!"

Outside the castle gates walked three girls who were late, each one of them wore a dress with their favorite color. "Zan! Why did you check that flower three times! Now we're late!" Flamberge made a gesture to hurry their sisters.

"Flamberge, we have talked about this at home, I didn't want to come!" The blonde mage crossed her arms after fixing her hair, an action that caused Francisca to gasp. "Don't touch your hair! It took me one hour to make it look cool!" The youngest sister returned it to its original position. "Phew! I thought I'd have to do it again."

As the ice mage said that, Zan gave her an annoyed look. "You're exaggerating, all you did was a ponytail! I feel so exposed without my hime cut..." She said while she touched her cheek, getting a bit shy with her sister's concern.

"You don't know the fashion business, trust me, it's perfect!" Francisca did a dramatic pose, which made Flamberge burst out in laughter. "That was a good one! Shall we?" The girl in red bowed to her sisters and showed their invitations to the guard, who nodded and opened the gate.

Once they were inside, the middle sister was in awe. "WOW! Excuse me, dear sisters of mine, but the FIRE'S ON!" Flamberge ran through the hall and went to talk to Dedede, leaving the two girls alone. "Zan, I'll get myself a drink, you want some?" Francisca asked her oldest sister, who shrugged and crossed her hands. "I'm fine, have fun."

Smiling at the bluette, the lightning mage received a smile back. Francisca then left Zan by herself and went to the table, passing by Bandana Dee. The boy wore his fanciest bandana, which was exactly like the one he always used. "Hello, Zan! How are you?"

As much as Zan wanted to be alone, the girl knew that she shouldn't ignore anyone, even if it was an annoying fanboy. "I'm okay, and you?" She waved at him, whose face was full of joy. "I'm great! You have no idea how happy I am!"

When the waddle dee was about to say something, the lights went off, with only two lighting a tiny stage. "Excuse me, my people! A minute of your attention please!" King Dedede had a microphone in his hand. "The Deedly Dees almost crashed their car, but they're finally here!"

The penguin pulled a lever to raise the curtains, which hid three waddle dees with their instruments in hand and a drum set. "Oh! It seems someone is missing..."

Bandana Waddle Dee turned to his friend and continued. "That's what I was gonna tell you! The Deedly Dees were in need of a drummer, and I passed their test!" He grabbed a pair of drumsticks from his pocket and winked in Zan's direction. "Now I need to go! I can already smell that final royal badge!" The boy rubbed his hands and left so fast that the girl couldn't even react to his news.

"There he is! A round of applause for the Deedly Dees!" The king of Dreamland gave his microphone to the leader of the band and left the stage, giving a sigh of relief as he did so. "Phew! It's not easy being a host!" King Dedede sat on a couch and saw Taranza sitting right next to him.